Never played Forza - what am i missing?

• Thread starter citroengt1
  • 93 comments
You like cars? Then you're missing the best car game out there. Forza is the Gran Turismo from the PS1 and PS2 era. This game is made with love and dedicated to car enthusiasts who feel a burning passion for the automotive industry. You're missing on the best car list in any car game, best and most accurate sounds, content, customization and one of the best in terms of graphics.

If you're in only for competition, or to shave off miliseconds of laptimes then you're missing nothing.

Because he is intentionally making a point about how a single model has 20 variations, most of them being different by region badge alone.
And therefore making a worthless point. Even if you group all the duplicates of any given car into one, GT6 still has hundreds more cars than FM6.

To you maybe. To others duplicates going into the 10s is ridiculous.
So you can only pick the version you want. Look at it like this: sometimes it's frustrating to want a specific version of a car only to discover that it's not in the game; for example, out of the several versions of the ZZW30 MR-S/MR2 Spyder that were made, FM4 only seems to have the right-hand-drive, H-pattern '02 MR-S (though I don't know for sure because I haven't played). What if I want to drive a near-exact replica of my own '03 6-speed sequential MR2 Spyder? I can't in FM. Granted, this isn't something that happens often at all in FM, but the ability to select one particular version of a given car is an advantage that I wish more racing games had,

Are we really bringing GT drama into a Forza thread?
Given that this is a thread comparing GT to FM, it was bound to go that way eventually.

So you can only pick the version you want. Look at it like this: sometimes it's frustrating to want a specific version of a car only to discover that it's not in the game; for example, out of the several versions of the ZZW30 MR-S/MR2 Spyder that were made, FM4 only seems to have the right-hand-drive, H-pattern '02 MR-S (though I don't know for sure because I haven't played). What if I want to drive a near-exact replica of my own '03 6-speed sequential MR2 Spyder? I can't in FM. Granted, this isn't something that happens often at all in FM, but the ability to select one particular version of a given car is an advantage that I wish more racing games had,

Given that this is a thread comparing GT to FM, it was bound to go that way eventually.

I wonder why they never brought back the 02' Spirit RX-7. Sweet ride. Or the 1000+ HP Top Secret Supra.

You're intentionally ignoring the hundreds of cars that don't fit those criteria.

Actually I wasn't dismissing GT's car list, I was just pointing out how unbalanced it is and also that although it is big I don't think GT should be labeled a "car encyclopaedia". There are a few manufacturers with a lot of history that are not featured at all like Saab for instance, some that are featured but only have one or two cars that are not even the most important ones in their history.

You could say though that with those cars I mentioned it's pretty well comprehensive and thus could be said that at least when referring to the Miatas, GTOs, Skylines/GTRs and possibly the FTOs it is some sort of an encyclopedia. The problem is once you start going into the details and see that yes, it does feature both left and right hand drive versions but the cockpits aren't modeled so what's the point?

To finalize I don't really care if there are thirty or a thousand cars, I prefer that there is a good selection of cars and that they are faithfully reproduced both in handling and aesthetically.

What if I want to drive a near-exact replica of my own '03 6-speed sequential MR2 Spyder? I can't in FM.

To this date I have not been able to drive any of the cars I've owned so far in any game, not even the cars my mum and dad have had. I'm not even talking about the exact trim but the actual model but it's fine I don't care because I don't expect to ever become full car enciclopedias. It was a bit of a pain in the butt to choose a car out of so many in GT6 and with FM6 I'm already thinking that there might be too many cars. I just bought Assetto Corsa and it felt refreshing seeing such a small, well curated car list, it makes me feel more intrigued why these special few were selected first to be in the game (and yes I do realize that even Kunos will try to expand their roster but again I don't care).

Guys, this thread was created as an answer search solution-thingy.
I got my answers, and anyone like me can see them.

So stop with the off-topic nonsense.

👍 Will do, just wanted to explain the reason of my previous comments.

So by the way, Are you going to get an Xbone or just play future Forza titles on Win 10?

On the Windows. The only reason to buy an Xbox before was the Forza games, but now since they
are coming to the PC platform, there is no need for the console.

On the Windows. The only reason to buy an Xbox before was the Forza games, but now since they

That's true, I guess the only problem is that you will a Motorsport title until around September next year but at least you have Apex to fill up the void.

So every PC gamer (interested in Xbox) has an up-to-date system with a DirectX 12 card? Forza Apex requires a D12 card. Although I see this reasoning pop-up every now and then on other sites, I seriously doubt most have systems to play Forza on Ultra settings. Imagine what Forza Horizon 3's requirements will be. Lots of folks just want to sit on the couch/bed to play games on their TV, so consoles will still be relevant for long time.

You could buy the digital version on the Xbox and get a free version for Win10, that way you get best of both worlds.

has an up-to-date system with a DirectX 12 card
almost any gaming videocard since 2012 is dx12. If you have something higher than GTX760 or R7 370, you can play it almost as good as you can play on xbone. Newest 150-170$ v-cards can keep 60fps at 1080p at high settings, so its not realy a problem.

Lots of folks just want to sit on the couch/bed to play games on their TV, so consoles will still be relevant for long time.
As long as we have steam link and steam controller, i dont get it. Consoles are cheaper than any gaming PC, thats why consoles will still be relevant for long time. It was a matter of price, it is and it will.

This
maxresdefault.jpg

As long as we have steam link and steam controller, i dont get it. Consoles are cheaper than any gaming PC, thats why consoles will still be relevant for long time. It was a matter of price, it is and it will.

I think convenience comes into it as well. A lot of people aren't computer folk. They don't want to tinker to get stuff working right, they just want it to work. A console gives them that, it's more or less the definition of plug and play.

PCs are better than they used to be, but for any game you're still probably going to have to put a little bit of work in to get the game playing at it's best.

Indeed, when it comes to playing games only, you are better of with a console because the system only run the needed OS and the game. Today some apps, but most of it's power is allocated for running the game.
The same cannot be said for a PC. Although you can make your own Linux based OS that would run all the necessary crap to run the game, not everyone is a tech savvy. So you are better of just buying a console, a game and you're good to go.

A lot of people aren't computer folk
If you are hardcore gamer, you better look at PC. Sure, you will need x2-x4 cash and some school grade PC knowledges, but its worth it. Its 60fps Forza Horizon, after all 👍

If you are hardcore gamer, you better look at PC. Sure, you will need x2-x4 cash and some school grade PC knowledges, but its worth it. Its 60fps Forza Horizon, after all 👍

I am and I have a PC. I was simply pointing out that consoles will continue to be popular because everyone who games isn't a hardcore gamer and nor do they want to be. Some people just want a cheap box to turn on and play games, and consoles fill that need just fine.

For you it's worth it, but for others it may not be. I know people who can't see the tearing or frame drops in GT5, so they hardly care about the difference between 30 and 60 fps. It's certainly not worth any money to them.

Everyone is not exactly the same.

Indeed, when it comes to playing games only, you are better of with a console because the system only run the needed OS and the game. Today some apps, but most of it's power is allocated for running the game.
The same cannot be said for a PC. Although you can make your own Linux based OS that would run all the necessary crap to run the game, not everyone is a tech savvy. So you are better of just buying a console, a game and you're good to go.

Not really. You're making the opposite argument, and it's wrong for the same reasons. Everyone is not equal.

Some people are happy to spent more money and time to get a better gaming experience, or to play games that aren't available on console. PCs are great for them. The guy who wants to spend $4000 on his dual Titan X rig is never going to be satisfied with anything that a console will have to offer.

I don't understand why people can't just accept that consoles and PC can co-exist and cater to overlapping but not identical markets.

Not really. You're making the opposite argument, and it's wrong for the same reasons. Everyone is not equal.

I don't even want to know how did you manage to understand my comment in such a way.
Where the heck did you get the "Everyone is not equal" from?
I mean i literally wrote "not everyone is a tech savvy", so yes, not everyone is equal,
but you still wrote that i wrote an opposite meaning???

I don't even want to know how did you manage to understand my comment in such a way.
Where the heck did you get the "Everyone is not equal" from?
I mean i literally wrote "not everyone is a tech savvy", so yes, not everyone is equal,
but you still wrote that i wrote an opposite meaning???

Incloud is writing that consoles have no place in the market, and that gamers are better off with PCs.

You're writing that you're better off with a console for playing games than a PC.

These are largely opposite, and neither is correct. People are best off with what suits their gaming needs, technical expertise, budget and free time. You may have written that everyone is not tech savvy, but you jumped straight from that to a generalisation that everyone should game on console.

I mean, I could say that stationwagons are better than coupes, vans, sedans and trucks and I'd rightly be mocked for talking rubbish. But for some reason when people try to make similar arguments justifying PC or console over the other options they don't see it the same way.

Each to their own, and you're free to keep thinking that your own hardware is the best for everyone. But you're wrong.

My statement does not imply that you must or should get a console, but that getting a console is a better, cheaper and faster way of playing a game.

My statement does not imply that you must or should get a console, but that getting a console is a better, cheaper and faster way of playing a game.

And you're wrong.

It's better for some. It's worse for others.

Back