Never played Forza - what am i missing?

• Thread starter citroengt1
  • 93 comments
Some people just want a cheap box to turn on and play games, and consoles fill that need just fine.
exactly what i said :cheers: Current PC gaming is very close to console-like plug-and-play, so its matter of price

Incloud is writing that consoles have no place in the market
wat?:confused: For casual-250$-gaming xbone is best offer. Really like what MS doing with xbox universe - finaly, my not-so-hardcore-gamer friends can play with me :cheers:

If you are hardcore gamer, you better look at PC. Sure, you will need x2-x4 cash and some school grade PC knowledges, but its worth it. Its 60fps Forza Horizon, after all 👍
I'm a hardcore gamer, computer literate, and built my own computers years ago. I gave up the carrot chase for better hardware because to me, PC gaming is a second-rate experience. If it isn't crash-to-desktop errors or DRM snags, it's poorly optimized graphics hogs, frame stutters, unexplained issues with the controls, or other niggles that you can pull your hair out or empty your wallet trying to solve. And now the hassles of Windows 10 if you want to go that route for Forza.

I still use my PC to play games, just emulators and whatever will run on this inexpensive laptop I've had for five years. It's certainly the ideal platform for specific genres and peace of mind with digital purchases (because you can fall back on illegal file sharing in case anything happens). Then in the future I'll be able to play FH3 at 60fps on another inexpensive laptop I'll keep for as long as it works. That "backwards compatibility" is a benefit of PC gaming too.

I am and I have a PC. I was simply pointing out that consoles will continue to be popular because everyone who games isn't a hardcore gamer and nor do they want to be. Some people just want a cheap box to turn on and play games, and consoles fill that need just fine.

For you it's worth it, but for others it may not be. I know people who can't see the tearing or frame drops in GT5, so they hardly care about the difference between 30 and 60 fps. It's certainly not worth any money to them.

TELL me about it! I still fire up the ol' 360 to complete my progress in MK, RDR or some of the other backlogs. Even though I don't mind 30 fps, I would kill to have all games running at 60 fps.... err... minus the additional cash needed to have a PC to experience that. :D:lol:

I'm inclined towards simulations but enjoy arcadey games a lot as well. I'm a big fan of Mario Kart and Project Gotham, and the Horizon games have found a very nice compromise between realistic car dynamics and casual fun. If you are into casual driving games then you'll enjoy FH3.

New to this game and have some questions. Can you do customization an all the cars like Forza 6? Change wheels or rims, paint cars, swapping new engines, tuning and etc...

Also, does this game have a Replay feature like Forza 6 or no Replay feature?

Thanks!

New to this game and have some questions. Can you do customization an all the cars like Forza 6? Change wheels or rims, paint cars, swapping new engines, tuning and etc...

Also, does this game have a Replay feature like Forza 6 or no Replay feature?

Thanks!
The horizons didn't have much of a replay feature, and you can still do the paint stuff, and apparently there will be more body kits in this one, If that answers your question.

Also another thing to look forward to is, having a game when they say you will have a game.

Horizon has a replay feature but the camera views are fixed so it's not like the Forza 6 replay.

The new Horizon game features drone view but I don't know whether that'll automatically lead to better replays. I sure hope so.

Horizon has a replay feature but the camera views are fixed so it's not like the Forza 6 replay.

The new Horizon game features drone view but I don't know whether that'll automatically lead to better replays. I sure hope so.

Thanks!

The horizons didn't have much of a replay feature, and you can still do the paint stuff, and apparently there will be more body kits in this one, If that answers your question.

Also another thing to look forward to is, having a game when they say you will have a game.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
@ExoticMachines - There's no reason to double-post; you can use the Multi-quote or Edit features to respond to more than one post. 👍

NOTE: I figured any Froza thread would be fine, this one is new so i guess more people would
see this.

Never ever in my life have i touched a button on a controller while a Forza game was running.
I have never bought an Xbox nor Forza game, and never tried playing it on a video game show.

But i am aware of all the Forza games and the content it provides.
I like the games, heck i even have downloaded over 20 Forza trailers just because i love to watch them.
The Forza Horizon 3 trailer is especially good!

So here's my question, in as small as you possibly can explain:

What am i missing on? (please be serious, don't write lousy answers like: "Everything.")

(take note that this refers to the previous and current games)

If you even have a remote love for cars, you need to own ALL the Forza games on X1. And I won't even run any comparisons here. It's just one of those games you have got to own if you have the console.

To answer your question, you're missing:

GREAT racing atmosphere and physics
As real as engine sounds can get in a *game*
Visuals to whet the appetite
LOTS to do in the game apart from the usual career races

Get them. You won't regret your decision one bit. :cheers:

It didn't.
well, too early for a verdict
EK8m3HQ.gif

Now that I finally played the demo, I can say Horizon 3 is like having the open-world aspect of NFS, the perfection of Forza's car list (plus sounds and customization), beautiful graphics like GT and on top of that great handling. And I played it in potato quality since I was streaming it to my PC from my xbox. The game still looked amazing!

So yeah... I'd say you're missing quite a bit.

However, I may add, FM6 and FH3 must go in hand. I feel they compliment each other and complete one whole experience. It's like two separate modes from one game.

That looks great but I was hoping for FM6 like viewpoint options as standard in the replay menu which we don't have.
hehe I can imagine the majority of those fixed viewpoints being ...empty on replays of open world racing.
or think the outcome of fixed camera placement in my gif above.
They COULD/SHOULD try to use FM style cam placement on closed cirquit races though, I'll give you that.
But I think spending their time on creating this new drone mechanic, its more innovative and will probably lead to some fantastic results, although with more work involved from the player than just pressing "view replay" button

hehe I can imagine the majority of those fixed viewpoints being ...empty on replays of open world racing.
or think the outcome of fixed camera placement in my gif above.
They COULD/SHOULD try to use FM style cam placement on closed cirquit races though, I'll give you that.
But I think spending their time on creating this new drone mechanic, its more innovative and will probably lead to some fantastic results, although with more work involved from the player than just pressing "view replay" button
I dunno about you but I just wanted to know how my car did in the previous race and am not interested in creating a Domestic Mango masterpiece. At the moment I'm not sure how to follow the most recent race using a drone. It seems to be for live races only unless I'm mistaken.

Last edited:
for insta-replays you still have all the game cameras, all the around the car cameras, those than pan, swivel etc.
I still cant imagine how fixed camera placement wold work on a open road race.

because my memory fails me right now (old), how do replays are handled in other open world racers? like the crew or anything the likes? do they offer fixed cam replays? most importanly, is the outcome good or just a lot of empty cams like I think it would be?

ps. in the full game, I guess you can pull p a drone on replay? dunno of course, but it seems reasonale to me that I'll e ale to do that. anyway, we'll see on 23rd :)

To give you guys some updates on my discovery of the Forza games, here's a follow-up:

I downloaded and played both Forza Motorsports 6: Apex and Forza Horizon 3.
Keep in mind, that my USB Controller is old, so i couldn't use it for Forza.

-The driving felt sluggish, like trying to roll a fat seal on a rubber surface.
This is present on all cars in both games. It doesn't matter what your assist options are, or
are your driving an Ariel Atom or a Ford F-150. The driving feels lagging.

-The graphics speak for themselves, they are amazing. Though at times it looks cartooney.

-The sounds are deep, engaging and astonishing. Huracan being my favourite car, sounds brutal!

8/10 - for me the game is great, takes time to adjust to the driving, but all in all is a fantastic game.

To give you guys some updates on my discovery of the Forza games, here's a follow-up:

I downloaded and played both Forza Motorsports 6: Apex and Forza Horizon 3.
Keep in mind, that my USB Controller is old, so i couldn't use it for Forza.

-The driving felt sluggish, like trying to roll a fat seal on a rubber surface.
This is present on all cars in both games. It doesn't matter what your assist options are, or
are your driving an Ariel Atom or a Ford F-150. The driving feels lagging.

-The graphics speak for themselves, they are amazing. Though at times it looks cartooney.

-The sounds are deep, engaging and astonishing. Huracan being my favourite car, sounds brutal!

8/10 - for me the game is great, takes time to adjust to the driving, but all in all is a fantastic game.

I'm not sure where this is coming from: "the driving feels sluggish".

I've played all their games since FM2 and the control is very responsive. It isn't twitchy or arcade-like, but it is predictable - the learning curve does a good job of getting you accustomed to each car.

Are you referring to the Huracan sound in 6? Cos' that is beautifully spot on. Kinda sucky and boring in H3.

I didn't refferr to the response time of the controls, but of the physics in general.
It feels like cars are "heavier" to drive.

I didn't refferr to the response time of the controls, but of the physics in general.
It feels like cars are "heavier" to drive.

That would be Forza's version of weight transfer and progressive grip levels. It's done rather well, compared to my real-life driving experience and a slew of PC/console sims I've played to date.

That would be Forza's version of weight transfer and progressive grip levels. It's done rather well, compared to my real-life driving experience and a slew of PC/console sims I've played to date.

That's fair, but i find Gran Turismo 6 and the GT Sport (tried it on a an exhibition) to be much more real.

That's fair, but i find Gran Turismo 6 and the GT Sport (tried it on a an exhibition) to be much more real.

Sure, to each their own. I get where you're coming from - I have played all GT games before making the move to Xbox. The only one that I haven't spent too much time on is GT6, though I've watched a tonne of videos and gamer impressions, both on a wheel and pad.

Judging by the little time I've spent on it, it felt really canned and restricted to me, particularly the crash physics or how cars react when they come into contact. Drifting also felt really linear; I believe a driving game's physics engine truly shines when you break traction, start sliding and regain traction. That's when all the magic is revealed. Also, cars ought to react more realistically going over curbs at higher speeds, but I suppose they've kept that limited on purpose so as to keep it console gamer-friendly.

Anyhoo, if you ever get Forza on the X-One, send me your gamer tag. Perhaps we can race.

Guys, i got a Forza fever.
Since i found out i can use my DS3 controller on PC, i've been using it with Forza 6 Apex.
And boy is it fun!
It's like a whole other level!
i think the triggers on the xb one controller are better than DS3s by quite a bit for throttle and brake.

Back