Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): LOCKED ON
Controller Sensitivity: 5

Special Mention(s):
Hitting cars, barriers, or spending too much time off the track will cause you to lose your streak bonus.
Finish each section before the timer runs out.

Reward(s):
Gold Completion:

Ferrari GTO '84 (with tuning parts)

image.jpg

Car: Ferrari GTO '84

Winnings (in credits):
Gold: 800,000
Silver: 350,000
Bronze: 200,000

Target Points:
Gold: 1,000,000
Silver: 800,000
Bronze: 600,000

Tip:

Sierra Time Rally

Challenge 4
Track: Circuito de la Sierra
Lap(s): 1

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): LOCKED ON

Special Mention(s):
Hitting cars, barriers, or spending too much time off the track will cause you to lose your streak bonus.
Finish each section before the timer runs out.

Reward(s):
Gold Completion:

Nissan GT-R NISMO '14 (with tuning parts)

image.jpg

Car: Nissan GT-R NISMO '14

Winnings (in credits):
Gold: 800,000
Silver: 350,000
Bronze: 200,000

Target Points:
Gold: 1,200,000
Silver: 1,000,000
Bronze: 700,000

Tip:

FITT Ford Challenge
(Focus ST)
Car: Ford Focus ST '06
Track(s): London Reverse

Driving Options
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Grip Set to Real

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

Contest Rules

Contest Results
1 of the closest FITT challenges I've been involved with. Barely came home with the 1st on Lap Times(.008) and just missed out on a 3rd place tie for the Drivers Choice award. (.03 of a point) The closeness of this shootout was insane, yet fun. Great job everyone!
image.jpg

image.jpg

With the recent Beginner level seasonal, at London, any 450pp Focus ST from this challenge works great!

Last edited:
:eek: No, never, that's weird. :odd: Just went and tried it too, but same old boring, long uneventful lap.
Figures, must just be my heavy thumbs!:lol: I'll try it again tomorrow.

To stage the test like for like...
Suspension:
Fully Custom
Dampers all to 1.
TOE/Camber set to 0
LSD Accel set to 20.

I hovered at 20mph until the start finish line.
Flat out through the first turn. (Taking notes of Top Speed, Max Speed, 5,000M & 10,000M)
Slow down on the backstretch to 100mph, and hit the brakes down to 0mph.
Hit the gas and run it at max speed until finishing the first lap.
This gives me all sorts of info for MoTeC all in 1 lap, or so I thought it would.:yuck:

Well I tried as much as I could, and man I really wanted this to fly, followed your foot steps, but hey, you know this spooky stuff (lucky you) happened in your garage, so I guess that your best bet to resolve this mysterious levitation phenomena would be to contact these fellows
ghostbusters_desktop_2000x2000_hd_wallpaper_452534.jpg

they should get to the bottom or top of this :lol:.

Well I tried as much as I could, and man I really wanted this to fly, followed your foot steps, but hey, you know this spooky stuff (lucky you) happened in your garage, so I guess that your best bet to resolve this mysterious levitation phenomena would be to contact these fellows
View attachment 347427
they should get to the bottom or top of this :lol:.
I'm waiting for them to return "my call"!:dunce:
I am now at a loss, I have tried it a few more times with no luck.:guilty: I was more worried that it was either a glitch that didn't like my testing method, or worse yet, something wrong with my game. Whew, episode over, till next time.... I'm back off testing!

I'm waiting for them to return "my call"!:dunce:
I am now at a loss, I have tried it a few more times with no luck.:guilty: I was more worried that it was either a glitch that didn't like my testing method, or worse yet, something wrong with my game. Whew, episode over, till next time.... I'm back off testing!
They are quite busy :D, I think it was just one of those times that a "1" took itself for a "0" and changed the whole universe by doing this. Most of the time the results are a crashed software and we think nothing of it except a few 🤬🤬 swear words. Good luck with the testing 👍.

FITT Old vs. New Hatchback Challenge
Car(s): Honda CR-X SiR '90
Honda CR-Z @ '10
Track: Cote d' Azur

Driving Options
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Grip Set to Real

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

Contest Rules

Contest Results

The Older Wiser Brother
Honda CR-X SiR '90

image.jpg

image.jpg

The Young Gun (Out of Control)
Honda CR-Z @ '10

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Camber/TOE compared to Tire/Fuel Usage

Does a tune using Camber/TOE consume less fuel and better on tire wear than a tune that does not use Camber/TOE?
I can't remember where I read this from, but it stated that a car utilizing Camber & TOE, is better on the tire wear and uses less fuel. It makes perfect sense in the real world, and I would agree with it 100%, but this isn't real world...this is GT6.
I went to the 1st place that came to mind when looking for tunes that use proper Camber/TOE; @Ridox2JZGTE Replica Garage.👍
I figured that I would pick a replica tune and use B-Spec mode having BOB throw it around the track. I chose the Honda NSX Type R '02 (479pp Dyno Power version on Sports:Hard) and the race of choice was the Apricot Hill 20-Minute challenge.
I tested (or should I say I had BOB test) the car 3 different ways...
1. As the tune is written (tune link here)
2. The same tune except Camber and TOE are all set to 0.
3. My stock"ish" setup. I used the same weight/power/tuning parts etc as the tune describes except...
After installing the Custom Suspension don't adjust RH or Springs (stock). All dampers & ARB set to 1.
LSD is set to 10/20/20.
Brake Balance 5/5.

At the start of the every race, I instructed BOB to "Push the Pace" then observed the race. I made the PIT stop on Lap 9 coming up to Lap 10. Although this car is severely under powered for this event, I just want starting point to get some data. The Fuel shows how many Liters was used i.e. how much it took to get the tank full again.
image.jpg

Tests 1-3 using BOB seems to be hit and miss when it comes to lap times.:odd: Test 4 is when I decided to run this event myself, using the different ways.
Feel more than free to judge for yourselves, but to me, this particular tune proves a few things...
The tune without Camber/TOE seems to be the overall winner using less fuel, better tire wear, and slightly quicker lap time averages. But most importantly, even though I run faster than BOB, I really need to take a few classes on tire management!:banghead: Laps 8-9 felt as if I didn't have a right rear tire.

I also wanted to test like for like compared to online tire wear and fuel usage.
Note: When setting up the online room I made sure that the room settings matched the Apricot Hill 20-Minute Challenge at the start of every practice run.
Time: 14:00
Temp: 21° C (I believe this to be the leading contributor to some tracks being "slower" online vs offline) more testing needs to be done to verify.
Track Surface: 0%
Tire/Fuel Depletion: Very Fast
image.jpg

Once again this shows that the tune without the Camber/TOE fairs better in fuel usage, tire wear, and lap times.
This is my first test comparing these items, but I plan on testing a few more cars (drivetrain/PP/Type/Tires) under the same restrictions and look at all the times over the entire 10 laps. I would be very interested if anyone else has proof for similar tests or if I might be over looking something.:cheers:

Last edited:

Does a tune using Camber/TOE consume more fuel and better on tire wear than a tune that does not use Camber/TOE?
I can't remember where I read this from, but it stated that a car utilizing Camber & TOE, is better on the tire wear and uses less fuel. It makes perfect sense in the real world, and I would agree with it 100%, but this isn't real world...this is GT6.
I went to the 1st place that came to mind when looking for tunes that use proper Camber/TOE; @Ridox2JZGTE Replica Garage.👍
I figured that I would pick a replica tune and use B-Spec mode having BOB throw it around the track. I chose the Honda NSX Type R '02 (479pp Dyno Power version on Sports:Hard) and the race of choice was the Apricot Hill 20-Minute challenge.
3. My stock"ish" setup. I used the same weight/power/tuning parts etc as the tune describes except...
After installing the Custom Suspension don't adjust RH or Springs (stock). All dampers & ARB set to 1.
LSD is set to 10/20/20.
Brake Balance 5/5.

At the start of the every race, I instructed BOB to "Push the Pace" then observed the race. I made the PIT stop on Lap 9 coming up to Lap 10. Although this car is severely under powered for this event, I just want starting point to get some data. The Fuel shows how many Liters was used i.e. how much it took to get the tank full again.
View attachment 372704
Tests 1-3 using BOB seems to be hit and miss when it comes to lap times.:odd: Test 4 is when I decided to run this event myself, using the different ways.
Feel more than free to judge for yourselves, but to me, this particular tune proves a few things...
The tune without Camber/TOE seems to be the overall winner using less fuel, better tire wear, and slightly quicker lap time averages. But most importantly, even though I run faster than BOB, I really need to take a few classes on tire management!:banghead: Laps 8-9 felt as if I didn't have a right rear tire.

I also wanted to test like for like compared to online tire wear and fuel usage.
Note: When setting up the online room I made sure that the room settings matched the Apricot Hill 20-Minute Challenge at the start of every practice run.
Temp: 21° C (I believe this to be the leading contributor to some tracks being "slower" online vs offline) more testing needs to be done to verify.
View attachment 372705
Once again this shows that the tune without the Camber/TOE fairs better in fuel usage, tire wear, and lap times.
This is my first test comparing these items, but I plan on testing a few more cars (drivetrain/PP/Type/Tires) under the same restrictions and look at all the times over the entire 10 laps. I would be very interested if anyone else has proof for similar tests or if I might be over looking something.:cheers:
It was only hours ago that I used Bob to grind me some cash and I found out some interesting things myself.
I used the KTM Xbow R @ 650pp in the Nurburgring 24min race, didn't change the car settings from when I entered the first race and, following victory, re-started the race at least 6 times.
I found every race to be different in laptimes as well as the behavior of the AI cars. The margin of victory was as big as 1:40+ in one of the races, as small as just over a minute in another when he had a bad run through the AI to 1st place on lap 1. Once in the lead, the remaining 2 laps were within the ballpark but different enough to skew the results of any testing where you were hoping for consistency.
Make of that what you will.

Does a tune using Camber/TOE consume more fuel and better on tire wear than a tune that does not use Camber/TOE?
LSD is set to 10/20/20.
Brake Balance 5/5.

View attachment 372704

View attachment 372705

Testing tire wear rate and fuel usage is tricky IMO, quicker lap time car will have to be on the throttle longer to actually get quicker, consume more fuel as it pushed harder and tire wear is very dependent on how often it's on the limit and over ( orange to red will cause it to worn quicker ). A smooth driver can narrow the gap or may even reverse it. I never tested zero camber/toe online as I always stick to the real life alignment and it brought the car performance in cornering speed closer to the real life performance. We have been racing replicas in ridox replica fan club, the NSX-R '02 was raced at Suzuka awhile ago online with tire wear very fast, 30 minutes race. I did some run during practice session with SH and can push hard until the fuels run out with tire still in good shape and lap times were only about second less than the best lap on SM tire during the race. I saw that pushing the rear too hard or overcooking it can impact the tire wear greatly.

@Thorin Cain found something else with camber when he tried the Diablo SVR replica on high camber ( the last event race at Monza ) He prefer high compared to lower camber that we used for the race.

Last edited:
It was only hours ago that I used Bob to grind me some cash and I found out some interesting things myself.
I used the KTM Xbow R @ 650pp in the Nurburgring 24min race, didn't change the car settings from when I entered the first race and, following victory, re-started the race at least 6 times.
I found every race to be different in laptimes as well as the behavior of the AI cars. The margin of victory was as big as 1:40+ in one of the races, as small as just over a minute in another when he had a bad run through the AI to 1st place on lap 1. Once in the lead, the remaining 2 laps were within the ballpark but different enough to skew the results of any testing where you were hoping for consistency.
Make of that what you will.
In this case BOB never had any passing to do, his only job he had was to get the 🤬 out of the way!:lol: He was able to get a few good laps without being hassled too much. He was 2 laps down at the end of every race. I too had to move aside when the leaders came up to my bumper, my tires were gone, but I had to finish the 9th lap before pitting so I would have like for like to compare. I need to run these again and get the sliding scale of lap times vs tires wear.

Testing tire wear rate and fuel usage is tricky IMO, quicker lap time car will have to be on the throttle longer to actually get quicker, consume more fuel as it pushed harder and tire wear is very dependent on how often it's on the limit and over ( orange to red will cause it to worn quicker ). A smooth driver can narrow the gap or may even reverse it. I never tested zero camber/toe online as I always stick to the real life alignment and it brought the car performance in cornering speed closer to the real life performance. We have been racing replicas in ridox replica fan club, the NSX-R '02 was raced at Suzuka awhile ago online with tire wear very fast, 30 minutes race and tire wear. I did some run during practice session with SH and can push hard until the fuels run out with tire still in good shape and lap times were only about second less than the best lap on SM tire during the race. I saw that pushing the rear too hard or overcooking it can impact the tire wear greatly.

@Thorin Cain found something else with camber when he tried the Diablo SVR replica on high camber ( the last event race at Monza ) He prefer high compared to lower camber that we used for the race.
I understand/agree with your point on smoother driver inputs and I really tried not to let the rear end get away from me, but I was far worse on the rear tires than BOB over the same distance. But what confuses me is that I had less tire wear and better fuel mileage, but quicker lap times between the 3 tunes? I thought I would have used more fuel setting faster times as well.
Not to mention, this is me doing the driving, so this is all based off of MY driving style. Not sure you can call heavy thumbs and jabbing at the dpads a driving style.:dopey: My next test is with your RGT, I'm really looking forward to testing that one! But I will be paying closer attention to the times after every lap and gauge the benefits over the entire run.
Was it car/track/driver/other... More tests will hopefully help.

I understand/agree with your point on smoother driver inputs and I really tried not to let the rear end get away from me, but I was far worse on the rear tires than BOB over the same distance. But what confuses me is that I had less tire wear and better fuel mileage, but quicker lap times? I thought I would have used more fuel setting faster times as well.
Not to mention, this is me doing the driving, so this is all based off of MY driving style. Not sure you can call heavy thumbs and jabbing at the dpads a driving style.:dopey: My next test is with your RGT, I'm really looking forward to testing that one! But I will be paying closer attention to the times after every lap and gauge the benefits over the entire run.
Was it car/track/driver/other... More tests will hopefully help.
The easiest place to test is online, set up a solo race with tire wear on very fast, set to 10-20 laps or more, pit when fuel is low. Save the race replay and you can analyze each run easier. Go to short oval like Motegi, pick a car that don't need brakes through the turns, a car with 200-300HP on SS tires :)

The easiest place to test is online, set up a solo race with tire wear on very fast, set to 10-20 laps or more, pit when fuel is low. Save the race replay and you can analyze each run easier. Go to short oval like Motegi, pick a car that don't need brakes through the turns, a car with 200-300HP on SS tires :)
Im all for different testing arenas, sounds fun!:cheers:

The first thing I want to say is :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:, I know how long and how hard it is to figure out a way of testing the physics of the game with what we have available to do so. I'm still working on figuring out what the tire load is before it losses grip (kg/kmh), there are so many variables and the hardest one to control is "THE DRIVER", finding a way to eliminate him out of the equation would be optimum :D, but could be impossible. I think that what you've done is great and if I get any ideas on other ways of testing this I will gladly share it with you. .... Just thought of something, how about using a track like Daytona with a car that you can just put an elastic on the controller, and run it around using the driving line, that way you won't be spinning the drivetrain tires and will be able to get consistent results, do it 3 times and keep the 2 that are closest to each other or average out the 3 tests, just an idea from a :crazy: guy, :cheers:.

It would be interesting to see if a low speed track with hard turns vs a high speed track with sweepers (mostly) is harder or eaiser on tires and fuel.
Say 350-400 pp car at say Autumn Mini and say HSR.

Edit corrected short track I was thinking of sorry.

Last edited:
I didn't want to tackle or add to the whole "Camber is broken/works a little/not like it should" thing. But in a round about way, I can see how it can be pulled into that debate.:dunce: I just wanted to see what GT6 does when you do this, or what it does if you do that based on my driving. As @TurnLeft mentioned you can't take away driver error, so I'm just going by my style and how I would race. I could have used more fuel if I was battling someone, or less fuel if the track had turns that were more banked, pink car vs orange car:mischievous: the list can go on and on. I'm just happy that I beat BOB and there was some consistency in this test on this track with this car!:D
I appreciate the feedback especially when they are all constructive and beneficial!👍

Does a tune using Camber/TOE consume less fuel and better on tire wear than a tune that does not use Camber/TOE?
LSD is set to 10/20/20.
Brake Balance 5/5.

View attachment 372704

View attachment 372705
Nice work!👍 No graph? I know you love a graph! I would suggest repeating as many times as your patience will allow with Bob, and plotting on a nice graph! I would help but I`m a bit busy for the next few weeks.................! :lol:

Nice work!👍 No graph? I know you love a graph! I would suggest repeating as many times as your patience will allow with Bob, and plotting on a nice graph! I would help but I`m a bit busy for the next few weeks.................! :lol:
Busy for the next few weeks? I thought you were already half done with the FITT testing?:dopey: Funny you mention graphs, that was my thought on future tests.👍

A way to concentrate purely on fuel consumption would be to run a lap at SSRX.
You would need a car that hits a physical speed limit (not gearing) at a speed you can hold around the corners and stay in one lane, the test would be easily repeatable by using auto trans and just nailing the throttle as soon as control is give (should be crossing the start line at the same speed).

I know SSRX is a bit of an oddball physics wise but it should show up a pattern if its there 👍

Testing tire wear rate and fuel usage is tricky IMO, quicker lap time car will have to be on the throttle longer to actually get quicker, consume more fuel as it pushed harder
Ummm... wut?
Where did you learn that?

Back