New Aston Martin DBS

Don't like the front. They better change those god-awful tail lights for this new one.

I've seen the sketch before and I gotta admit if the production model follows the sketch it should be a worthy replacement for the Vanquish. Although I will be sad to see the Vanquish go, that was probably the car that re-interested me in Aston Martin, as I didn't much care for the DB7.

Yep, that sketch looks fine indeed. I doubt the production version with be the exact same, I think it'll have a slightly higher roofline, but the sleekness should still be there.

I'd expect a considerably higher roof line and smaller rims. Frankly, the new Astons are starting to be too much of a likeliness for my liking.

Love it, looks like a Viper though, but that flick on the end is a very nice touch.

I can't see much from this sketch, except that the wheels are too big, the roof is too low, and it looks pretty much like a DB9.

Can Aston not build a good looking car? The DB9 far surpassed the Vanquish in terms of looks (IMO), and I am sure the car will please just as much.

I like the way Aston Martin keep styling suttle between their cars. They share many of the same features ith minor changes. I would imagine the concept version will look like a DB9 a little wider (with the same taillights) and have various aesthetic features. Oh yeah not to mention a likely V12.

Nice but I think it will change a lot before going in production. It's just a sketch.

From what I can tell it's a sketch that looks like it's in negatives colors. But it looks good from what I can tell right now.

Omg,Aston needs a bigger change in there cars,they all follow alot of the same lines.Vanquish,DB7,DB9they look all to alike,and then this one......:rolleyes:.Sure I like the cars but to alike through there whole recent line.

I'd rather they stick with the current styling trend then try and reinvent the brand style and go downhill (think BMW).

Nearly all Audi's look the same, they're just generally different sizes. It's the corporate look, and I can tell you now, Aston's corporate look is a damn sight better than Audi's. They will change over time, but a marque like Aston changes gradually, occasionally bringinng out a one off model that's completely different.

Surely. Hardly any change at all, the lines have all stayed the same, just modernized.

DB9/DB6
db97hw.jpg
astonmartindb64qi.jpg

You've just agreed with me. Like I said, Aston changes gradually, and the DB lineup of cars will always be based on that styling. If you want to see a range of Aston designes look at the Aston's of the 80's and the V8 Vantage of the 90's. They do have different designs, but their general lineup's revolve around their corporate look. It's not a bad thing, and when you look around, it's not actually uncommon with other manufacturer's, it's just that Aston update their range quite often for a comapny of thier size and market, so people get to say "hey that looks a lot like that one" quite often.

Back