New Blue Moon Bay Speedway Track Layouts Found in GT Sport

Yassss, I want a roval so bad! I'd love to have a blue moon bay road course included in the game

If we don't get it, I'd definitely still like to see a roval added to the game. For example, the new CMS layout would be an amazing addition to the game! Would prefer that if it was added, that they would add the older proposed layout

Older proposed layout
1508344658329.jpg

New proposed layout
de459998959a66cfce468ec4ee53b1a8.jpg

I have the feeling that every update we get there’ll be a real new track addition (just like Monza was this month) and it’ll be always paired with variations from the tracks we already have (like the lake maggiore ones we just got).

With this article now, one may think we’re gonna get whatever new track and a variation of Blue Moon next month. Maybe this roval.

The irony here is that the addition of one or more road courses would make Blue Moon Bay, as a location in the game we call GT Sport, make sense. I remain unconvinced as to how good of a track it actually makes, seeing as there are only three acceptable oval-road-courses in the world and one of them merely involve the oval being an overpass, but better than nothing, I suppose.

I don't know why this is news , Me and @Wardez speculated about this during the beta , I even sent him a few pics. Now I do think there is a road coarse in the future for blue moon , PD would be stupid to waste such a good opportunity . As much as I disliked the mongo version of Kyoto , I absolutely love the Lake M. variants . The track is too long IMO and the three layouts take the best of the track and condense it. The Center layout is awesome too.

I drew up a bunch of layout predictions based on that map estimation (assuming it's accurate). I'm not sure how pit lane will work on some of them, and #4, #7, and #8 may not be feasible for that reason - but it seems like #5 is really intended to be a layout, yet isn't connected to any of the pit area.

Also I checked the position of the sun at morning and sunset and estimated that this is the approximate orientation of the track and named the layouts accordingly:

image.jpg

#1: Blue Moon Bay - Infield

image.jpg

#2: Blue Moon Bay - West In/East Out

image.jpg

#3: Blue Moon Bay - West Out/East In (could also have variants/sub-variants with the banking vs. non-banking, not sure what you'd call the inner layouts)

image.jpg

#4: Blue Moon Bay - East (Not sure where pits would be - could maybe use existing lane and just have an extra long outroad)

image.jpg

#5: Blue Moon Bay - West (I feel like there could be a makeshift pit lane on the infield of the straight on the south side of the track - either that or it'd be like #4 but a long in-road vs out, or this could be a kart track. The roads on the west side of the circuit definitely do seem intended to form a circuit variant, though)

image.jpg

#6: Blue Moon Bay - East+West *OR* North In/South Out (Pit lane would be same as the West course, name would depend on if the West banking was used or not)

image.jpg

#7: Blue Moon Bay - Kart (Probably the the most unlikely of the bunch, it's a bit too small and basic, but I still threw it out there)

image.jpg

#8: Blue Moon Bay - North Out/South In (This is almost just a variant of #2, and it seems somewhat unlikely given the shape of the hairpin used to get into the Southern infield. It will depend on to what the actual final road looks like, though)

image.jpg

There's also a few Figure-8 layouts I theorized, and they'd be neat for time trials but I think they'd be unlikely due to limited use. If it was conventional to make use of some sort of "portable bridge" you could technically do a bridge from the Western infield to the Southern outfield, and basically make an East+West Course (#6) with a crossover in the middle, to but that seems like a lot of work for a track that doesn't even use the main pit area.

Regardless of what actually comes to fruition, road courses give completely new life and variety to oval tracks, and whatever we get will make the track list more diverse. Can't wait to see what PD does with Dragon Trail.

Last edited:
Yeah that's the exact sa
I drew up a bunch of layout predictions based on that map estimation (assuming it's accurate). I'm not sure how pit lane will work on some of them, and #4, #7, and #8 may not be feasible for that reason - but it seems like #5 is really intended to be a layout, yet isn't connected to any of the pit area.

Also I checked the position of the sun at morning and sunset and estimated that this is the approximate orientation of the track and named the layouts accordingly:

View attachment 710938

View attachment 710930

View attachment 710931

#3: Blue Moon Bay - West Out/East In (could also have variants/sub-variants with the banking vs. non-banking, not sure what you'd call the inner layouts)

View attachment 710936

#4: Blue Moon Bay - East (Not sure where pits would be - could maybe use existing lane and just have an extra long outroad)

View attachment 710932

#5: Blue Moon Bay - West (I feel like there could be a makeshift pit lane on the infield of the straight on the south side of the track - either that or it'd be like #4 but a long in-road vs out, or this could be a kart track. The roads on the west side of the circuit definitely do seem intended to form a circuit variant, though)

View attachment 710933

#6: Blue Moon Bay - East+West *OR* North In/South Out (Pit lane would be same as the West course, name would depend on if the West banking was used or not)

View attachment 710934

#7: Blue Moon Bay - Kart (Probably the the most unlikely of the bunch, it's a bit too small and basic, but I still threw it out there)

View attachment 710935

#8: Blue Moon Bay - North Out/South In (This is almost just a variant of #2, and it seems somewhat unlikely given the shape of the hairpin used to get into the Souther infield. It will depend on to what the actual final road looks like, though)

View attachment 710937

There's also a few Figure-8 layouts I theorized, and they'd be neat for time trials but I think they'd be unlikely due to limited use. If it was conventional to make use of some sort of "portable bridge" you could technically do a bridge from the Western infield to the Southern outfield, and basically make an East+West Course (#6) with a crossover in the middle, to but that seems like a lot of work for a track that doesn't even use the main pit area.

Regardless of what actually comes to fruition, road courses give completely new life and variety to oval tracks, and whatever we get will make the track list more diverse. Can't wait to see what PD does with Dragon Trail.
I drew the exact same layout back in the beta ! That confirms no changes have been made then :(

What???It gives it personality and it's spectacular, even at the sound level, it's epic for me

I like the planes too, but there's too darn many. They need to tone down the frequency to maybe one plane every five minutes or so. No airport can support that many planes on the same approach angle in real life.

I guess it's the real driving simulator and not the real flying simulator for a reason.

View attachment 710938

View attachment 710930

View attachment 710931

View attachment 710936

View attachment 710932

View attachment 710933

View attachment 710934

View attachment 710935

#8: Blue Moon Bay - North Out/South In (This is almost just a variant of #2, and it seems somewhat unlikely given the shape of the hairpin used to get into the Southern infield. It will depend on to what the actual final road looks like, though)

View attachment 710937

You really need to get out for a bit...way too much time on your hands :lol:

I like the planes too, but there's too darn many. They need to tone down the frequency to maybe one plane every five minutes or so. No airport can support that many planes on the same approach angle in real life.

I guess it's the real driving simulator and not the real flying simulator for a reason.
If they decrease de frequency it will be good. (the planes land at two-minute interval).

Could be good. Implementing new layouts is less work than entirely new tracks, I would think. Adding handfuls of both is less work than adding 1000 scapes however, but here we are.

What???It gives it personality and it's spectacular, even at the sound level, it's epic for me

About this circuit, I really love the direction of art, I swear, it seems brutal, and if you can take advantage of more versions for me it is THE news

It flies over every 30 seconds. Once is enough

Latest Posts

Back