new details just confirmed by Turn-10

• Thread starter omgitsbees
  • 367 comments
United States
United States
Turn-10 did a Twitch.tv interview just now, they confirmed a few new things;

-All cars are in vista mode
-open wheel race cars
-brand new painting options, with new materials.
-no auction house or storefront, new method coming not yet talked about.
-no night time racing
-no weather effects

There will be more details about the open wheel race cars soon.

I'm shocked. No night/weather. I hope they have some amazing gameplay.

They did talk about doing a completely new physics engine. They talked with a new tire company, I forgot the name, I apologize, that was willing to let Turn-10 really test everything with real world tires. Turn-10 is going to go into more details about that later.

-All cars are in vista mode
-open wheel race cars
-brand new painting options, with new materials.
-no auction house or storefront, new method coming not yet talked about.
-no night time racing
-no weather effects

What to say.

Disappointed about weather/time....

The price we pay for the game early in the gen? Weak hardware?

The rest I have no doubts about

What to say.

I can't even defend this. It's pretty crappy after seeing the night time effects in Forza Horizon.

Disappointed about weather/time....

The price we pay for the game early in the gen? Weak hardware?

The rest I have no doubts about

The Xbox One is for sure not a weak system. Is it inferior compared to the PS4? Absolutely judging by the specs we know so far. But it should absolutely be able to do night and weather. Dan Greenawalt claimed that the weather thing causes a large physics issue. He seemed to hint that it was something Turn10 just didn't want to go there.

Well that really sucks... Fortunately the rest of the game is shaping up to be something amazing.

Are they sure there isn't going to be night racing nor weather? Are they saving it for something else oooor, because that will be disappointing you know? :\

I'm guessing the auction house and storefront are being saved.

"We are not supporting night, we do have daytime running lights." "We're not getting into weather effects either ... for physics reasons."

The possibility of dynamic weather & time was the only thing keeping Forza 5 and the Xbox One in my line of sight (flame suit on). Very disappointed with the news. But then it did make my decision a lot easier.

Last edited:
Dan Greenawalt himself said no night or weather. He only really went into details about the weather, saying its a physics issue.

The new method for sharing/selling cars, tunes, and paint jobs hasn't been talked about. The method we are use to in Forza is gone though in Forza 5.

Well, I suppose the silver lining (if he can be trusted) is that when/if they introduce weather, they're going to do it so that track temperature changes throughout the day. At least, that's my take on it given his, "physics" response.

Well, I suppose the silver lining (if he can be trusted) is that when/if they introduce weather, they're going to do it so that track temperature changes throughout the day. At least, that's my take on it given his, "physics" response.

Yeah exactly, so hopefully it's something they are still looking at, and just want to get right the first time around. But who's going to care about Forza 6?

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT

So on X360 the excuse was no weather and no dynamic time due to hardware limitations with frame rate being key to keep. Now on far more powerful, what exactly is the excuse now???????

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT

So on X360 the excuse was no weather and no dynamic time due to hardware limitations with frame rate being key to keep. Now on far more powerful, what exactly is the excuse now???????

The no night time one is what I really want to know about. T10 obviously knows how to do it properly, anyone who played Forza Horizon can confirm that much. So its a total head scratcher.

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT

Lack of time to do them for all tracks? I don't know. It's the only logical reason I see justifying their absence. If not that then I'm completely dumbfounded. We know hardware limitations aren't a problem.

Lack of time to do them for all tracks? I don't know. It's the only logical reason I see justifying their absence. If not that then I'm completely dumbfounded. We know hardware limitations aren't a problem.

hardware problems has always been BS. 'Le Mans 24 Hours' on Dreamcast and PS2 had night/day along with weather.

Who cares about the physics & all that bs, T10's not getting my money if I can't drive on wet tarmac! :lol:

The Horizon-related posts need to realize there was another developer in charge of that game as well.

Who cares about the physics & all that bs, T10's not getting my money if I can't drive on wet tarmac! :lol:

The Horizon-related posts need to realize there was another developer in charge of that game as well.
This. Yes, it's a let down, but look at everything else they're bringing to the game.

The former, most likely. Obviously, pushing it as a launch title has its downsides - and here they are.

Back