New DiRT 4 Update Brings AI Improvements, Clubs and More

I'm not even interested anymore, too late IMO. But I will never forget how Codemasters shoved the Dirt 4 fans aside to release and focus on F1 2017. So after buying Dirt Rally, F1 2016 and then Dirt 4 I'm done with Codemasters for a while. I didn't even care to pick up F1 2017 during Black Friday sales.

For me this is a company that releases there games in a "fire and forget" way. Barely any content updates, no DLC, no... nothing in regards to post-launch support apart from some bug fixes. Part of me is happy there are no micro transactions though and at the end of 2017 that sure is something. But when they release a popular game (like what Dirt Rally sure was), they should support it with some extra DLC IMO. Guerrilla Games did just that with Horizon Zero Dawn. The game releases early 2017 and was a huge success. So they gave the fans something more with The Frozen Wilds DLC late 2017. Codies could have added some extra cars and a new location to Dirt Rally IMO.

Last edited:
until they fix the FWD only feel to all the cars in their physics engine the game will still go untouched by me. Dirt Rally is the only one I will still play.

The leagues sound good. Got to DR kind of late and never delved into them. It’s fun creating Championships, so hopefully we’ll get some participants.

I uninstalled this after a month or so of its initial release because the ffb steering wheel implementation was not good in the initial release. I have a t300rs wheel. There were so many wheel rotation and sensitivity settings I got tired of trialing and erroring so I uninstalled it. The steering opposite lock did not feel right and I spent more time trying to tweek the wheel than enjoying the game. Have they fixed this?

The tracks layouts were amazing and something fresh from other racing games, is it worth the download again?

I uninstalled this after a month or so of its initial release because the ffb steering wheel implementation was not good in the initial release. I have a t300rs wheel. There were so many wheel rotation and sensitivity settings I got tired of trialing and erroring so I uninstalled it. The steering opposite lock did not feel right and I spent more time trying to tweek the wheel than enjoying the game. Have they fixed this?

Not that I’m aware. I use a T300 and run it with default settings except for some minor tweaks to the brake. I use the T3PA brake mod and I’ve got no complaints. Compared to PCars2 the wheel settings are child’s play.

The tracks layouts were amazing and something fresh from other racing games, is it worth the download again?

Up to you. I’ve been playing it more than anything else for the past 5 months. I think this game gets an undeserved bad rep in online communities. Best sounds, a Stage generator, cars from all years of Rally, good controls. And I barely even touch RallyCross, Landrush and Joyride events.

Up to you. I’ve been playing it more than anything else for the past 5 months. I think this game gets an undeserved bad rep in online communities. Best sounds, a Stage generator, cars from all years of Rally, good controls. And I barely even touch RallyCross, Landrush and Joyride events.
For most the simple reason is that the stage generator, while a great starting point, produces stages that are still formulaic in nature and not a patch on what can be found in Dirt Rally, let alone SLRE or WRC7.

Add in that the car list then lost the WRC spec cars, while adding a load of cars that are not particularly well done.

Then you have the physics that took one step forward and two steps back.

The overall result in a title that doesn't improve on Dirt Rally or the rest of the rally titles around, at least those are my issues with it.

Back