New Drift Competition Ideas- Call your Cars Now!!!

• Thread starter Loon
  • 169 comments
This already looks like it will be a good turn out. I think there should be some rules on editing too...I noticed a lot of WDS entries include extra corners and random pictures that have nothing to do with the run.

This already looks like it will be a good turn out. I think there should be some rules on editing too...I noticed a lot of WDS entries include extra corners and random pictures that have nothing to do with the run.

yeah, you're right. I think I wanna keep it with the same as the WDS, one veiw with the regular track cam, followed by a chase view displaying speedometer, g meter and the other stuff.

Since the only limit is RWD cars, and N style tires we don't need to show the display screen to prove anything.

Besides the intro to your clip no extra editing can be done. Your clip must clearly show the run up to, and the final exit of your drift. Try and not include extra corners into your clip. With the tracks we'll have you shouldn't need to. Any extra pictures or video not neccesary in your vid, and it will be DQ'd for that round.

I think this comp will be a hit!

I sure hope so. But remember, this is just a trial run of a season. After this the WDS will start back up, we'll analyze how this comp went, see if it'd be possible to run this and WDS at the same time, and go from there.

@Shangoob- Theres the WDS going on right now you can enter, neither of these comps have different classes for pro's and am's. We all get thrown to the sharks.

I think we shouldn't require a chase cam whit tach...... because in real D1 its all about how it looks on the outside...to the people. And btw, that was MY cat, shes 17, 3 years older than me... ROFL!!

I think we shouldn't require a chase cam whit tach...... because in real D1 its all about how it looks on the outside...to the people. And btw, that was MY cat, shes 17, 3 years older than me... ROFL!!
Well if were making it like D1, then shouldnt we only use Track Camera, and for everyones to be the same, it would need to be on the 1st lap.

man, you guys are really getting this going. Well, whenever you guys finalize things. Let me know and I'll take care of the rest. :D 👍

The only problem with the track cam is that it doesn't always focus in the right place... making it hard to actually see the drift, which is why I kinda think we should have the chase cam still. Though, I guess we don't need the display overlay.

I know one place that occurs (1st Corner Seoul Reverse) but you cant really link the corners before and after so i dont think we would use that series of corners.

I mean that I'll take care of the administration side of things.

I may participate. It really depends on time.

I mean that I'll take care of the administration side of things.

I may participate. It really depends on time.

Ok, I'm sorry but I'm still confused. By administration you mean ok'ing the comp and keeping and eye on it?

About the tracks....

I was definetly think about Tsukuba,
Definetly autumn rng min reverse,
Probably Midfield,
and I'm not sure about the other 2.

I'll make track maps more than likely tommorow so y'all can see what I'm talking about,

This thread has sure taken off, awesome work LOON. Loving the idea. 👍
Not sure if I can enter, but if I do I will be using a Honda S2000 in orange. :D

Ok, I'm sorry but I'm still confused. By administration you mean ok'ing the comp and keeping and eye on it?

Pretty much. But thinking about it, you wouldn't need much help on that front huh? heh heh.

Pretty much. But thinking about it, you wouldn't need much help on that front huh? heh heh.

Well I'll need all the help I can get so it would be nice of you to keep an eye out on to make sure I didn't screw anything up.👍

Thats cool Arti, but as soon as you enter the comp with your new car you have to stick to it so make it a gon one.👍

Back