New Gran Turismo 7 "Starting Line" Trailer Reveals More New & Returning Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 608 comments
Excitement is brewing.

Jerome
PD releasing trailers like:

dogfish-6-600.gif

The mileage exchange system wasn't a bad idea to me. That way you don't spend our always short money! 😁
What i really dont like in gt sport, and i hope they dont use it on GT7, is the way you purchase the painting colors. Its almost impossible get the one you are chasing for
I’d rather have them make it easier to earn money (by being able to sell prize cars for example) than keep the mileage exchange. It’s just weird in my book.

I agree about the paint colors though. I think all colors (including all factory colors) should be available from the start, but maybe have some be more expensive than others.

Last edited:
The mileage exchange system wasn't a bad idea to me. That way you don't spend our always short money! 😁
What i really dont like in gt sport, and i hope they dont use it on GT7, is the way you purchase the painting colors. Its almost impossible get the one you are chasing for

I had one great livery I made just sitting around for like 2 months or more without being published because I didn't have the right rims, and I was waiting for them to show up in the mileage exchange.

Anyone know what car this is based on the engine sound at the start of the vid? GT40?

timestamped

Last edited:
Has anyone translated the subtitles?
As a native spanish speaker I can give you some highlights:

Tracks: kaz explains at high level the scan process for real worlds tracks (specially on surface). He also says that GT7 tracks are the most realistic ones in Gran Turismo history and also reminds the importance of weather. At the end he says Nurburgring is his favorite track in the world and that cause special feelings o him every time he drives there

Tuning: He explain the importance of tuning for competition, how every one can tune the cars to fit their style of driving. He also remarks that GT7 will be the biggest one in terms of items available for tuning and cosmetic customization

The exterior customization options for the Supra look great. Of course it's something of a poster car so I'd expect it to have one of the widest available selections of car-specific parts, but very impressive even so, and it bodes well for the Japanese sports cars at the very least.

Also loving that every time I go on gtplanet now I can reasonably expect new GT7 info. Long may it last.

how i miss this well balanced track selection from GT4....

View attachment 1092120

A snow course is unfortunately still not confirmed and city courses there will probably be only Tokyo.
I liked this menu more because it was really clear, allowing a quick selection of different surfaces without going through all the circuits like in GTS.
I also liked the videos that showed the whole circuit in the background of each track.

The visuals look great, but I suspect we are just seeing the replays which have ray tracing while in game doesn't. Pretty disappointing. The PS5 seems to be a system marketed as 4k/8k 60fps and ray tracing, but with caveat after caveat after caveat.

In the video below, this is where I hope the GT community culture returns to. Kaz saying more tuning parts and options, hope we’ll be able to display as much with the Lobby function, should bring us more variety when it comes to car shows. I think in the first trailer, we see four Skylines in a Scape. An increase in display cars will help many of us express our love for automobiles a little better.

Was reading over Kaz interviews from various sites. This bit is cool:

So wet/dry lines are in, but tracks still don't build up rubber. This is despite marble build up off line being visually shown in GTS. As always with Kaz, physics improvements are just afterthoughts these days.

So wet/dry lines are in, but tracks still don't build up rubber. This is despite marble build up off line being visually shown in GTS. As always with Kaz, physics improvements are just afterthoughts these days.
?!?! Kaz is making these games for quite some time. How can you possibly state that physics improvements are just an after thought? What do you and me actually know about making a racing game.

I have the utmost trust that they did their best in everything for as far as they where capable.

?!?! Kaz is making these games for quite some time. How can you possibly state that physics improvements are just an after thought? What do you and me actually know about making a racing game.

I have the utmost trust that they did their best in everything for as far as they where capable.
I think you'll find that a lot of people on here actually know quite a bit about how racing games are made, especially the ones who have been here for well over a decade. It's not rocket science.

That physics improvements are an afterthought is the charitable interpretation of the fact that the Gran Turismo physics have some core issues that haven't been resolved in a long time, and for no readily apparent reason. The alternative that you suggest, that they have done everything to the extent that they're capable, is actually just a fancy way of saying that they're incompetent developers.

Much smaller devs have done far more with far less, and so I'd rather believe that Polyphony has the physics the way that they are by choice rather than because that's literally the best that they can do.

If you take the view that game developers are infallible and always do the best then you’re effectively saying that there aren’t any bad games out there. NASCAR Ignition says hello as does Konami’s new football game.

You don’t have to be a game developer to recognise a games flaws Or suggest ways it can be better.

Last edited:

As others have said, GT has numerous longstanding physics issues that have never been fixed, when other sims have done better with much smaller budget/development team.

Even games like rFactor does a few things better than GTS, and that was released in 2004. Newer sims like AC/ACC and AMS blows GT out of the water entirely when it comes to physics and FFB. Even the much derided PCARS has live dynamic track which rubber up with time. Forza is moving to an 8 point tyre model in the next game. Hell, even Driveclub, an arcade game, models lift off oversteer and torque steer better than the FF cars in GT.

And to answer your question, no I do not make games. But I have played hundred of racing games over the years, followed automotive/motorsport for 20+ years and also driven cars at speed on a track on a few occasions. I don't profess to know everything, but I'm not pulling BS out of thin air either. If you're still not convinced, smart people on the forums like Scaff (who actually taught automotive engineering), can also vouch that GT isn't as accurate as "The Real Driving Simulator" tagline.

As long as the fans keep putting Kaz/GT on a pedestal and think they can do no wrong, they will keep being complacent and rest on their laurels when their competitors have long ago left them in the dust. I've said this in another thread, but the only thing keeping their sales high is their 20 years of brand recognition, not the quality or innovation of the product.

Last edited:
As others have said, GT has numerous longstanding physics issues that have never been fixed, when other sims have done better with much smaller budget/development team.

Even games like rFactor does a few things better than GTS, and that was released in 2004. Newer sims like AC/ACC and AMS blows GT out of the water entirely when it comes to physics and FFB. Even the much derided PCARS has live dynamic track which rubber up with time. Forza is moving to an 8 point tyre model in the next game. Hell, even Driveclub, an arcade game, models lift off oversteer and torque steer better than the FF cars in GT.

And to answer your question, no I do not make games. But I have played hundred of racing games over the years, followed automotive/motorsport for 20+ years and also driven cars at speed on a track on a few occasions. I don't profess to know everything, but I'm not pulling BS out of thin air either. If you're still not convinced, smart people on the forums like Scaff (who actually taught automotive engineering), can also vouch that GT isn't as accurate as "The Real Driving Simulator" tagline.

As long as the fans keep putting Kaz/GT on a pedestal and think they can do no wrong, they will keep being complacent and rest on their laurels when their competitors have long ago left them in the dust. I've said this in another thread, but the only thing keeping their sales high is their 20 years of brand recognition, not the quality or innovation of the product.
Adding on to this, I think its fair to assume that the developers are fully aware of that for as long as the players have but willingly chose to keep the same physics and FFB of the game, whether that is for simplicity or keeping the original routes of GT is another question no one will answer for the time being.

In the video below, this is where I hope the GT community culture returns to. Kaz saying more tuning parts and options, hope we’ll be able to display as much with the Lobby function, should bring us more variety when it comes to car shows. I think in the first trailer, we see four Skylines in a Scape. An increase in display cars will help many of us express our love for automobiles a little better.

I just thought that was an example of a GT Café Collection, since the scape is outside said café? Or do I remember this bit wrong?

Well, I agree it’s not the most innovative series anymore, but the quality is up there. At least in GT Sport it is, not so much in GT5/6.

Back