New GT Sport Track Revealed in PlayStation Commercial (UPDATE in OP)

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 169 comments
images

Can be a sponsor/partnerships,like Motec in GT6, the track ? I don't know .;)

El Capitan? Hardly, the only part that would be similar is also way of since it is at a wrong angle, plus the video shows the crest being longer then the one in El Capitan.

Course Maker? Also very unlikely it would be in GTS. Why would it be? The game is presented as an online championship racing covered by FIA. They would want real life tracks. On the other hand, VGT cars are in there, so maybe there will be Course maker too?

But here's a wild theory:
It could be that, since GT6 was a foundation for testing car designs from real manufacturers, that GTS could become a foundation for testing new real life tracks. Think about it, FIA said PD has extensive detail in their tracks in the game. So i would say, seeing the Larini banner, that the track in the video is a track desinged in the Course maker, but made from a concept of a real track.

@PzR Slim it is still a Gran Turismo game, so fictional tracks come with the territory.

@Wardez we've seen the upgraded Seattle track in a trailer (it was a car trailer, the NSX I think), and that didn't make it. This is a trailer for the full game and since it is a PlayStation trailer, I think it's a safe bet it is going to make it.

@PzR Slim it is still a Gran Turismo game, so fictional tracks come with the territory.
Doesn't make sense to me. There's no history, no exploits to remember from the real world, nothing to compare it to. For example when I race on Brands Hatch or Donnington, I remember all of the thrilling BTCC races I watched when I was a kid. Most real world tracks invoke some memory and emotion in me. A fictional track is just meh.

If there were lots of real world locations and the fictional tracks were just gravy then I could understand it.

"LARINI is a renowned designer for Italian and British GT & Track Supercars. Triangulating aerospace engineering, aviation grade materials, and tuned harmonics allows Larini to optimise the weight, performance, tone, and efficiency of the Supersports car without match."

https://www.larinisystems.com/introduction-page

So Larini is basically a company like Cosworth or Prodrive then? They have expertise to design and build race cars while also provide some aftermarket parts like exhaust systems and performance tweaks for road cars. Why I never heard them before?

Also you can see Larini sponsorship is visible in the rear end of Alfa Gr.3 which maybe it is Larini who provide the design and give it to PD for being rendered on the game? Could be Larini did some design work on Gr.3 cars or other cars as well?

Another fictional circuit? Why do we get so many fictional cars and tracks in a game with limited numbers of both? I get my kicks from racing on tracks and in cars that I have watched in over 40 years of following motorsport.

I grew up with exciting races on circuits like Deep Forest, Grand Valley Speedway, Red Rock Valley Speedway or Special Stage Route 5.

The fictitional circuits are the soul of Gran Turismo from its conception.

I prefer, by far, a fictitional circuit like "the Captain" that a tilkodrome.

Last edited:
Since announcement, Kaz or PoDi has never spoken of that.
There's been a lot he didn't speak of, doesn't mean it isn't gonna be a TPE in GTS, just like other features that'll be in we haven't seen or heard of yet.

The lack of tall trees means it's not likely to be Yosemite (where El Capitan is based). I think somewhere in the Alps seems more plausible.
I was thinking the same. Some of those trees are typical for Italy. You know, those slim ones. I'm not a tree person so I can't name it, but I guess you know which one I mean. The ones you see at the Toscana track. The lack of pine and spruce basically rules out this being El Capitan :(

Doesn't make sense to me. There's no history, no exploits to remember from the real world, nothing to compare it to. For example when I race on Brands Hatch or Donnington, I remember all of the thrilling BTCC races I watched when I was a kid. Most real world tracks invoke some memory and emotion in me. A fictional track is just meh.

If there were lots of real world locations and the fictional tracks were just gravy then I could understand it.

I understand your point. We still didn't see the full list so best to reserve judgment till then.

So... has a mystery track ever shown up in trailers for previous GTs only to never be in the final game?
Yes. Early footage of Gran Turismo 2 featured a rally stage called Palm Strip that was ultimately cut. I remember a video of a lap in an Evolution V was included on a demo disc that came with Official Australian PlayStation Magazine. From memory, it was a very basic circuit and might have been an early build to model dirt physics.

I also recall early press for the game talked about a circuit called Tahiti Dirt Route 2, which may have been a night version of Tahiti Dirt Route 3, but no footage exists. There was also a circuit allegedly called North American Roadway, but this might have been Green Forest Roadway, and I cannot find any information about its existence outside a single line in the magazine.

Yes. Early footage of Gran Turismo 2 featured a rally stage called Palm Strip that was ultimately cut. I remember a video of a lap in an Evolution V was included on a demo disc that came with Official Australian PlayStation Magazine. From memory, it was a very basic circuit and might have been an early build to model dirt physics.

I also recall early press for the game talked about a circuit called Tahiti Dirt Route 2, which may have been a night version of Tahiti Dirt Route 3, but no footage exists. There was also a circuit allegedly called North American Roadway, but this might have been Green Forest Roadway, and I cannot find any information about its existence outside a single line in the magazine.

Palm Strip was theorized to be a drag track, not rally track. Recent research have suggested that it might be an earlier name for Apricot Hill. 💡

Eiger Nordwand 2.0 lol, or El Capitan with a bigger more detailed pitlane, could even be Grand Valley since they haven't updated the track since the PS2 days.

In an unrelated note, they PD should redo Trial Mountain with fully animated monkey and loch ness monster. And detail that bloody huge tree with vines and leaves
Yeah, Trial Mountain is one of the most outdated tracks in GT franchise. They gotta redo that track.

I know I'll probably get a bollocking here. :lol:

But is there any chance the barren mountain could be near Pikes Peak?
Some of the images I've seen of the area have this type of background.

Palm Strip was theorized to be a drag track, not rally track. Recent research have suggested that it might be an earlier name for Apricot Hill.
Well, there was definitely a video of a dirt circuit that wasn't in the final game.

Back