New GT Sport Track Revealed in PlayStation Commercial (UPDATE in OP)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Wardez, Apr 9, 2017.

1. RaY29rus

RaY29rus

I hope we will see some news regarding new cars and tracks soon.
    I don't think we will see anything until E3 though

silverman_GT and Antonio_1989 like this.
  2. Were you joking there is any doubt that it is? I'm confoozed.

3. GordonS

GordonS

The banked corner in evening dusk is Karussell in Nordschleife, no doubt.

another_jakhole likes this.
  4. GTRacer22

GTRacer22 Premium

They're not talking about the Nurburgring pic, they're talking about the other banked corner pic with Gr3 cars.

IMG_5687.JPG

5. RoadRageDudez

RoadRageDudez

Definitely a NASCAR inspired oval race course because of the catch fences.

6. I sure hope effin so. :)

A fictional oval track more modernized, up-to-date than what NASCAR offers? Sign me up.

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  7. bdj57

bdj57

No, I don't talk about that...

That one is what I meant

8. GordonS

GordonS

Ok,thanks for correcting. :)

bdj57 likes this.
  9. queleuleu

queleuleu

The palm trees don't really fit in a High Speed Ring scenery... So probably a new oval track.

10. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

Yayyy for the Acura NSX GT3, another oval though :(

AgentBlackDog, Castrol96 and Gr4ndy like this.
  11. queleuleu

queleuleu

What is the point of the red NSX GT3? A Honda NSX GT3 for the manufacturers cup?

12. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

An homage to the original Kunimitsu-inspired GT1 car, probably:

ProjectF, bremics, J24681357 and 16 others like this.
  13. dimassa19

dimassa19

I do not remember seeing grass in the ovals...

14. JTB10000

JTB10000

Maybe that banked section is only part of the track, like a Daytona/Indianapolis Road Course type thing. Two ovals with a track list so small doesn't seem right.

J24681357, TS050, fortbo and 3 others like this.
  15. RaY29rus

RaY29rus

He probably meant why there is two versions of NSX (red and white) if PD shows every car in one livery (except M6, which counts as two different cars).

16. bdj57

bdj57

Could be at what @SlipZtrEm said, but my theory thought that there are 2 versions of NSX. The white one could be the Honda and the red one is an Acura. Other reason maybe NSX GT3 will available in 2 colors. Still, we have to wait until it is officially confirmed.

17. queleuleu

queleuleu

Honda as a manufacturer has no car in the group 3. The white one is an Acura only raced in America. So I guess it's simply an Acura GT3 with a Honda badge.
    The group 3 is almost complete for all the manufacturers, still remaining a RCF GT3 (Poly works with Lexus on this car), Huracan GT3, Bentley and Cadillac? And why not a 488 GT3.

I would like to see know the Super GT cars, those sponsored by Gran Turismo for years : GT500.

silverman_GT, AgentBlackDog and bdj57 like this.
  18. karelpipa

karelpipa

New High Speed Ring in GT1/GT2 styling would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  19. bdj57

bdj57

GT500 could be somewhere between Gr.1 and Gr.3 so there has to be Gr.2 (wish). Gr.2 also could filled by DTM cars since they have similarities with GT500 cars in terms of mechanicals and chassis. IMO it doesn't seems right when you skip number 2 after 1 and before 3 (What I mean is how group classes should be in order like 1, 2, 3, 4)

20. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

How? There isn't even a road going version of this car.

I don't know if it goes that far otherwise PD would make a big deal out of that like they did with the Tag Heier Partnership. Now there could lie the consultation with both them AND the FIA, but that's about as far as I would think it'd go.

I can't decide if its a New Hampshire kind of track or something along the likes of Irwindale.

21. RaY29rus

RaY29rus

Yellow one is Gr.N and blue one is Gr.3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. girabyt3

girabyt3

But, shouldn't the road-going RS01 have this rims :confused::confused:??

14092214900350.jpg

23. RaY29rus

RaY29rus

It's concept, I think. Here's how the car looks in reviews.
    [​IMG]

gregorius93, silverman_GT and EDK like this.
  24. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

Or the Sciroccos down in Gr.4 (though that's a different scenario too: fantasy cars).

It looks like the red car's headlights are yellow, so yeah, probably a Honda. Seems a little silly though: if it's to give Honda a Gr.3 car (and presumably flesh out the manufacturers offerings into more categories, assuming other modern Hondas will be joining the NSX), why put the Acura race car in at all? Why not create a fantasy racer like the Vette, Mustang, Alfa, Jag, etc etc?

I mean, unless PD is planning on including other Acura road cars, but that seems... unlikely, given its unique models.

25. Nico_Ble99

Nico_Ble99

All those 'leaks' that are coming up now are quite interesting indeed, however: if the track in the most recent picture featuring the red NSX GT3 should really be an oval, there should definitely be cars made for oval racing in the game. You know, NASCAR's and IndyCars. Those tracks simply wouldn't be necessary if there won't be such cars in the game.

AgentBlackDog, fortbo and queleuleu like this.
  26. queleuleu

queleuleu

As a longtime GT player and given the ridiculous number so far : the car count. Otherwise, I don't see another Honda model suitable for a gr3 conversion. Unlike the Callaway Corvette GT3 or the Emil Frey Jaguar GT3, the NSX GT3 is a factory race car I think. Thus, its inclusion. I don't know why they used the Mustang and not the Ford GT for the gr3 model. Poly logic...

27. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

*Sigh* I'm completely at a loss on how:

- That's considered a Road car
    - That is put in the same class as cars that have license plates and road tires.

Considering this game was being developed around the time the Ford GT was and considering Forza may have had a timed exclusive deal with that car that included it being on the cover, what other choice would they have had? Besides, Mustang GT3 cars were a actual thing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As many odd decisions as they make, I fail to see how having the Mustang as a fictional GT3 warrants the old "PD Logic" phrase.

28. ExoticMachines

ExoticMachines

Can we expect this game to come out this coming November or December? Doesn't this game usually come out during the Holidays?

29. die996

die996

The first oval feels like Bristol, my bet is that the 2nd one is either Iowa or Richmond-inspired. The mountain scenery probably belongs to another Alps-theme circuit because we all know Kaz has a huge boner for that region.

PS: Kinda sad no love for Andalucía so far. GT6 got a lot of love for that region but GT Sport looks like it might have none of that.

30. queleuleu

queleuleu

@RACECAR A little too harsh, my bad.
    The exclusivity doesn't mean you can't model a car and keep it for later, just like PC2 has now the Ford GT GTE. I'm just curious to know why they didn't use the Ford GT GTE and make it a group 3 version, like the Corvette gr3. Ford could have said no for the conversion, I'm looking for a logic, a pattern.