New GT Sport Track Revealed in PlayStation Commercial (UPDATE in OP)

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 169 comments
@RACECAR A little too harsh, my bad.
The exclusivity doesn't mean you can't model a car and keep it for later, just like PC2 has now the Ford GT GTE. I'm just curious to know why they didn't use the Ford GT GTE and make it a group 3 version, like the Corvette gr3. Ford could have said no for the conversion, I'm looking for a logic, a pattern.

Hence why I said "Timed Exclusive". Its basically how at first only EA and Shift 2 had the car first for a long while before everyone else did, maybe that's what happened here (the length of time unknown). Look at how Forza was basically showboating Ford and that new GT everywhere while at the same time, PD were just showing GT Sport. Its likely that the Mustang GR.3 was already made and decided on during the time that was going on.

Couldn't it be Latini? From the advertising boards it seems to be a tease for all the GT players. If it's El Capitan or a remodeled Eiger Nordwand then that would be interesting.

I really really don't wanna see Eiger Norwand or Matternhorn in this game; I've never liked those tracks.

The track might be Andalusia again.

Gonna return from being dead and post 2 cents about the new courses.

1. It is Deep Forest Raceway, the cars are driving in the Reverse course on the uphill after the first corner as it looks like the road returned from the inside (left in the image) over there.

2. No clue but the structure reminds me a lot of the Red Bull Hangar 7 building from GT5 Photo Travel in Austria. It could also be High Speed Ring but in its classic GT1 road design as the banked corners are apparent but the width is subtle. I liked the PS3 version of the course but it was more of a NASCAR circuit than what I remembered in GT1.

Gonna return from being dead and post 2 cents about the new courses.

1. It is Deep Forest Raceway, the cars are driving in the Reverse course on the uphill after the first corner as it looks like the road returned from the inside (left in the image) over there.

2. No clue but the structure reminds me a lot of the Red Bull Hangar 7 building from GT5 Photo Travel in Austria. It could also be High Speed Ring but in its classic GT1 road design as the banked corners are apparent but the width is subtle. I liked the PS3 version of the course but it was more of a NASCAR circuit than what I remembered in GT1.
Here's the thing though, Deep Forest is in a forest not a mountain range

Just a theory, but could it be Autopolis in Japan? I remember seeing a Facebook post back in late 2015 early 2016 showing some GT Academy drivers testing a build a GT6 and it was running Autopolis.

Just a theory, but could it be Autopolis in Japan? I remember seeing a Facebook post back in late 2015 early 2016 showing some GT Academy drivers testing a build a GT6 and it was running Autopolis.

I don't think so. Doesn't really match it.

AutopolisCircuit_1.jpg

circuit_autopolis_kawasaki_st1pz.jpg

Yeah I guess not. Oh well.

This is the picture I was talking about.
That build though, despite being early is something.

I think that was a course maker protitype build for Polyphony Digital debuggers to sort out issues, like you see the car position and CPU monitors.

@RACECAR A little too harsh, my bad.
The exclusivity doesn't mean you can't model a car and keep it for later, just like PC2 has now the Ford GT GTE. I'm just curious to know why they didn't use the Ford GT GTE and make it a group 3 version, like the Corvette gr3. Ford could have said no for the conversion, I'm looking for a logic, a pattern.

Would be nice to have an LM Test Car Spec III.

ford_gt_lm_race_car_spec_iii_pic_3_by_girabyte225_jc_lover-d9fimz5.jpg

(hey @girabyt3)

I did think about that but Nurburgring lacked polish and trees in 2016 demos, this course may as well be in early stages as well.
I'd love it to be Sierra however.
I'm still not buying the deep forest theory, the setting is way different to any deep forest we've seen before

Considering this game was being developed around the time the Ford GT was and considering Forza may have had a timed exclusive deal with that car that included it being on the cover, what other choice would they have had? Besides, Mustang GT3 cars were a actual thing
Um, to add to this argument. Isn't the Ford GT in a different racing class from GT3? I assumed that GTE and GT3 were in different performance groups. If I'm wrong however, I apologize.

Um, to add to this argument. Isn't the Ford GT in a different racing class from GT3? I assumed that GTE and GT3 were in different performance groups.

Yep, they are. GTE is the ACO Based regs which are much more strict on road car relation (even though at times, some cars barely can be called road cars) and mainly run by the factory whereas GT3 is FIA/SRO regs which are abit looser on Road car relation and its mostly customer racing with hints of factory support.

Well, a year of the same tracks has me super excited for new ones!

For the second one, do the road markings and fencing definitely mean it's an oval? Maybe it's part of a city track...? (Fantasy or otherwise)

Back