New Members/Drifters, ANNOUNCE YOURSELF HERE!!!

• Thread starter Swift
  • 1,415 comments
Hello there, Lukemorron is here!

I remember.. First played GT4 about 4 years ago and i still playing this game until now; but i didn't know that i can do drifts in GT4 (so lame) LOL. But about months ago, i found this great, really really great site and i learned drifting skills from this site too (and i remembered my first drift car, the S2000 that mentioned in Boundary Layer's and Swift's drifting guide). Thank you GTPlanet, you make me know about drifting in Gran turismo 4!

Last edited:
What's up everybody! Mike from New Mexico new to the site. Just a little history, got my first racing game in the form of Gran Turismo 2 when I was a kid. Got hooked right away and eventually graduated to GT3 and GT4 on the PS2 of course. Every game, with the exception of Rock Band, that I own is a racing game! After burning up the orig. PS2 got the slim version and that's the only gaming system I have now, hopefully I'll get a PS3 soon enough.

Started seriously drifting in GT4 about a year ago actually, just casually messing with the TCS and ASM settings in a few hyped up S2K's and my Option StreamZ of course. But after not playing for a while, I just got back into it and found this site and all the info to help me out. So I'll try to post some vids soon enough and share what I've learned with it. Thanks!

Hi, registered here at the behalf of two of my friends, both who run a Tuning Garage.Played GT3, found it fun and got my hands on GT4. Recently just started playing it again.

I have a preference of going sideways, and try to have cars set up leaning in that direction.
GT4N1SMO32R.png

Howdy. Im 15 years old and have been playing GT on and off since '03 with a ds2. I started out with gt3 and got gt4 in '04 or '05, I don't remember. I am new to drifting and started playing with aids off about 3 months ago with a stock sileighty s2/s2 until I found the settings from Boundary Layer's and Swift's drifting guide. Now I drift a s2k r1, '00 ae86 and other stock low to mid hp FRs. I don't ever mess with the toe angle and try to keep chamber and spring rate close to stock, like stock spring rate and -1/-.5 chamber.

Welcome to :gtplanet: apemax,PandaApex and sr420blackt0p!

But also apemax,Please
AUP
No slang words that promote laziness, ie; “r”, “u”, “plz”, etc. will be tolerated. Decent grammar is expected, including proper usage of capital letters. Repeated violations will be grounds for suspension and/or permanent removal from theforums. All messages must be posted in English.

Last edited:
hi guys im new to GTplanet and if someone could help me get my SScommodore to drift around any track could you please send me some setups so i can start having some fun, it has R5(super soft tyres) on it and about 720BHp. all mods are the last on the list for the car. thanks guys email me bennyboy46587@hotmail.com forgot to mention that i can drift in just about any car in the game including the fourmula GT and the high power four wheel drive cars.

Last edited:
Welcome to :gtplanet: blakbenj06!

But I've got two things,

first please:
AUP
No slang words that promote laziness, ie; “r”, “u”, “plz”, etc. will be tolerated. Decent grammar is expected, including proper usage of capital letters. Repeated violations will be grounds for suspension and/or permanent removal from the forums. All messages must be posted in English.

Second,I would remove your email address,because,you could get spam letters,etc.

But,if you want a setup,why don't you check over here?:https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72878 It has setups from very experienced and long time drifters.

Welcome to :gtplanet: frisepoile2!

But could you please replace"im" with "I'm" and "i" with "I".

Could you please do that in the future.:)

hey thanks for the welcome; new to GTplanet but not so much the drift scene as i have many of the racing games on the ps2 and i am aa good drifter so to speak. curent drift car in GT4 is a Holden Commodore SS '04 and a nissan skyline '89 gts type-m. I am still fine tuning the Holden so if people could send me a setup that works for them to my email blakbenj06@trinity.sa.edu.au that would be greatly appreciated. I will help other people as much as I can if need be

Last edited:
hey thanks for the welcome; new to GTplanet but not so much the drift scene as i have many of the racing games on the ps2 and i am aa good drifter so to speak. curent drift car in GT4 is a Holden Commodore SS '04 and a nissan skyline '89 gts type-m. I am still fine tuning the Holden so if people could send me a setup that works for them to my email blakbenj06@trinity.sa.edu.au that would be greatly appreciated. I will help other people as much as I can if need be

I would remove your email address,because,you could get spam letters,etc.

But,if you want a setup,why don't you check over here?:https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72878 It has setups from very experienced and long time drifters.

Hey all, i'm playing gt4 for a couple years now and then i found out this forum and all drifting videos so i directly read boundary layer and swift's FR guide (nice guide, great work) and i'm still busy to make good settings and understand all the settings you can do, hope i will become very good at it,

later guys, great forum btw :)

Welcome to :gtplanet: BelgianDrifter!

But in the future,could you please have capitals for words like "i'm".

BTW,Happy Birthday!

Last edited:
Hey everyone, wuz up? just joined, and I have to say, these are some awsome settings you guys have there! but i have some requests on certain cars! so my question is: where would i post my requests at? in the drift settings thread?

Thank you very much for letting me join!
Brandon

Welcome to :gtplanet: B_rad88!!

Yes you do post them at the Drift settings thread.But also have a look to see if it's there.

Could you also,in future,please have capitals for words like "i".

SVX
Welcome to :gtplanet: B_rad88!!

Yes you do post them at the Drift settings thread.But also have a look to see if it's there.

Could you also,in future,please have capitals for words like "i".

ok, cool! and I have checked the cars I'm looking for isn't listed!

and sorry my-bad!

um, I see some people have already requested some cars I want to request, should I still post a request for them? and there is some cars that arn't on either list!

Hey,Ive just herd about this website and thought I should join anyway,
I drift in a purple 200sx and sometimes in AE86 shigeno verson(Cos I love Tak's 86 on Initial D!)

Welcome to :gtplanet: Commanderxt! But next time,can you please:

AUP
No slang words that promote laziness, ie; “r”, “u”, “plz”, etc. will be tolerated. Decent grammar is expected, including proper usage of capital letters. Repeated violations will be grounds for suspension and/or permanent removal from theforums. All messages must be posted in English.

Back