New Members/Drifters, ANNOUNCE YOURSELF HERE!!!

• Thread starter Swift
  • 1,415 comments
The throttle and brake part is definitely easier with a wheel, but the steering isn't. Unless you have drifted a car in real life or are just an extremely fast learner, you'll be having a hard time in the beginning. You'll be countersteering too little, too late, too much, too early... the possibilities really are infinite.

But once you've got the hang of it, then it's easier with a wheel. The learning curve just is quite steep.

Greycap
The throttle and brake part is definitely easier with a wheel, but the steering isn't. Unless you have drifted a car in real life or are just an extremely fast learner, you'll be having a hard time in the beginning. You'll be countersteering too little, too late, too much, too early... the possibilities really are infinite.

But once you've got the hang of it, then it's easier with a wheel. The learning curve just is quite steep.

I'd agree with that. It's easier on the DS2 since it takes so little effort and much faster time to get to the wheels pointing at the right angle. But I'd still recommend the wheel for a more "intuitive" experience. It just brings the driving simulation a whole lot higher.👍 👍

ello all, im kev from england (hertfordshire) just to say hi :) just started driftin on GT4 never really thought about it before. Still having huge SnapBack problems at the moment. so i've come to get words of advice :)

Coxxy
ello all, im kev from england (hertfordshire) just to say hi :) just started driftin on GT4 never really thought about it before. Still having huge SnapBack problems at the moment. so i've come to get words of advice :)

👍 Coxxy

<--- Not so new persay, just never posted :) Been playing the GT series since they came out and have enjoyed [almost]every one. I had always been a fan of drifting, stating in GT1 with the Viper GTS on High Speed Ring. GT2 continued this fun, then GT3 came out and I lost interest.

Then GT4 saved my life (not literally, lol). I'm probably 75% completed and have been drifting for a couple months now. I've gotten better exponentially, but still not top-ranks. I've gotten to where I can sustain medium-low angle drifts, but still need work on corner entry, high-angle drifts, and 180* u-turns.

I've found my a car to my liking, my favorites being the Blitz ER34, Amuse S2000 R1, and a few others. Half my garage is 'drift' cars.

I don't have a Max Drive yet and cannot post any of my [somewhat]success, but all in due time.

-Evan

I may not be very new, but likely to newer people. I haven't been on in months. My GT4 Disc got destroyed and I never ponied up to get a new one. Thanks to Becoming a Greatest Hit Title I may be coming back. Here's hoping...

HammerShot
I may not be very new, but likely to newer people. I haven't been on in months. My GT4 Disc got destroyed and I never ponied up to get a new one. Thanks to Becoming a Greatest Hit Title I may be coming back. Here's hoping...

whoa, he came back. Good stuff 👍
I thought we lost you around June or July last year.

Oh, and Happy 1-year at GTP ;)

new drifter, oldie GT4 racer, got it when it came out and still only 50% done with it, just took a long break from gt4 and gtplanet, and i have to say drifting has brought me back.

Car of choice. Nissan Silvia Q's AERO (S14) (Stock N2 tires)
Track of choice. Gymkhana.

hey immma new drifter and a new memeber here at gtp and i was really looking for help in tuning an m3 csl with 503 hp so that it could drift good cuz all keep getting is cutback

hi, ive been registered for a little while and got into it from findind this site. Ive just started to drift with your setups. Everyone here is pretty cool and the drift setups are awesome.thanks for setups guys.

Hi...i'm a new drifter. Really fall into drifting after browsing this forum. Really appreciate for all those setting and tips here. Its really help me in learning drifting.

Thanks a lot...

Welcome to all you new drifters. Been a while since i checked this and it seems that theres alot of interest growing in gt drifting! Hope to see you about and if you got any problems then give me a PM and i will do my best to help you.

[SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT]
Also check out the drift competitions forum there are always things going on in there again PM me if you got a problem
[/SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT]

Spec....

DRIFTING I JUST LOVE!!!MY CAR IS THE BEST!!
STILL WORKING FINE TUNING MY CAR!!
CAUSE I JUST WANT TO BE THE BEST GT4 DRIFTER IN THE WORLD!!!👍

Fujita_No
DRIFTING I JUST LOVE!!!MY CAR IS THE BEST!!
STILL WORKING FINE TUNING MY CAR!!
CAUSE I JUST WANT TO BE THE BEST GT4 DRIFTER IN THE WORLD!!!👍
welcome, but chill with the caps lock...

god of speed
Hello my name is god of speed and i'm addicted to drifting.

:lol: It sounds like you're being inducted into "Drifters Anonymous" or something. :)

Welcome!

OMG I found a forum of people that love drift as much as i do. :dopey:

Hey Guys,
I have been drifting since gt3 and now gt4 so about 2 1/2 yrs. Ive seen your vidoes and there gr8 * not to mention ur setups :sly:

I am currently working on a video/pictures now and ill upload it yousentit.
Im looking foward to the rest of my time here
Gr8 site guys 👍

Peace..

Hi guys! first of all is the first time i write in the forum, im a new drifter, but im so sad...i cant drift...yes, is horrible but is the true...i would need some help for start to enjoy...at this moment...im really bad.
Im racing in games for years, i love racing simulation games and when i saw a drift video....uauuuu!!, i want do that!!!! i thought.
My english is poor, im spanish, and i only understand a bit of the threads, i have not much time to practice (JOB+FRIENDS+PES+TIGER WOODS+RICHARD BURNS...), so, if someone could help me i would thank him for years.
I would need the better 2 cars, and its settings, specially for new drifters, and a little explanation about:
-how brake before slidding
-what i have to do with direction
-using the e-brake
-better circuits to start to drift
-how i accelerate
-how a keep slidding-speed

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME ANYWAYS.

45 Degrees Welcome! Have fun!

AHISTASTU,

Have a talk with Sheron
He's Spanish and a great drifter. He should be able to relate a few things to you.

Whats up guys? Yeah another newb to the fourm, but I've been playing GT since it first came out. I've pulled some pretty good lap times grip racing, but I got out of the game about 8 months ago when my memory card with my 100% GT3 and 25% GT came up missing I quit playing. Now I have the urge again so here I am but I think I'm gonna go drifting this time.
I didn't even know there were any GT fourms till I was trying to set up my Z06 and had just lost the touch so google brought you guys to me. Well I guess thats all for now cuz I got a lot of practice to do.

-Chris

BTW to the Admins nice job on an awesome looking/working fourm.

im not new to drifting, but i never posted here so here it goes

im 15, my name is Donnie , and ive had GT3 for 3 months, learned to drift in about a week and a half, got GT4 about a month ago and have been playing ever since,
i won GTPDC8 AM by default but i still think my vid was pretty good, you can find it in the GTPDC8 thread,

im entering in GTPDC 9 in pro division (thats a first) i have a sweet run with some crazy stuff in it, be prepared :scared:

For the same reasong as ~Drift King~:

My name's Nestor, I'm 16, and I got gt3 when it first came out (didnt really try drifting, still didnt know what initial D was, hahahaha) and got gt4 the week it came out along with the DFP. I started trying drifting from day one, but was being a real noob about it. I kept on watching various gt3/gt4 drift vids that i downloaded off the internet and just watched in awe every time, saying to myself, "How the fridgenit do they do that!?!??!". After a little while I came across this forum and tried putting on some of the other member's settings and began to make real advancements in my drifting in sept-oct of 2005 as a die hard SS AE86 driver. I put out my first video on new years eve of 2005 and my second video yesterday :) Check my sig if u wanna watch it.

:guilty: Maybe I'll need some help with all the turorials, I absolutely suck at drifting right now even though I'm here welcoming new members! :grumpy: I practiced with a M3 CSL for 2 hours yesterday and still can't do it :banghead: lol anyways yeah ncie to see you, and I'll check out the video later ;)

Back