New Members/Drifters, ANNOUNCE YOURSELF HERE!!!

• Thread starter Swift
  • 1,415 comments
Greetings to all. I be a new drifter here too, arrr!

Changing from GT3 to GT4 drifting was kinda complicated but I think I got the hang of it.

Looking forward for some Xlink action in the future.

Hows it goin everyone?
I just got GT4 two days ago and have spent some sleepless hours testing and tuning different cars seeing which ones work for me and all that jazz... Does anyone else drift the TOM'S Chaser? I like it, along with the Corolla GT Apex S.S. Edition. Who else drifts thoes babys?

Hi all, I not new to the forums but only this section. I like to drif STOCK cars that are big and heavy. My fav's include a lexsus GS300, Both of the FPV's both hemi's and a load of other I cant name off the top of my head. I also droft a few MR cars, but not that many. As for FF's, I cat stand thoes POS's. Any FF car with over 300 hp is ging to spin thw wheels like it was an ice rink. Anywho, looking forward to doing some photo comp's in the future.

wat sup gt ppl... anyway i noe a bit about drifting but if u r talking abut perfoming it then dat i am new... but i would like you member to let me noe all da drifting stuff, wat i need, and the setting and most of all please i would like to a demo drift perfom... oh and yeah i am a bit lazy of searching so please link the drift help to me... thank gt members...

yg_Klan
wat sup gt ppl... anyway i noe a bit about drifting but if u r talking abut perfoming it then dat i am new... but i would like you member to let me noe all da drifting stuff, wat i need, and the setting and most of all please i would like to a demo drift perfom... oh and yeah i am a bit lazy of searching so please link the drift help to me... thank gt members...

...lazy at searching.... we might have guessed by how lazy you are at typing as well. 👎👎

Please, no 'internet speak'. Clearly you did not read the Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy that you agreed to act under when you signed up just moments ago.

Nobody is here to spoon feed you. You gotta help yourself first.

Hachi_Roku[1]
hi all im a new member of gtplanet but noit a beginner on drift i need some information how can u import pic from u cpu to get as avatar?
This isnt the place for that. PM a mod, they should be happy to tell you.

Heres Me Pulling Off The Big One On Midfeild
Paste It Into Your Web Thing

G:\GT4\IMG0000.JPG

And Snow Drift In A Mazda

G:\GT4\IMG0009.JPG

Hey, wasnt sure where to post this*, but im new to drifitng so i guess here will do. Check out the link in my sig of me drifting around part of grand valley east in the ginetta. Id love some feedback pos of neg, i dont mind. Just anything that will make be better!! I used some setting from the drift depot, here, with just a small change of brake balance at 5/2, and hp increased to 152.

*EDIT: just noticed the 'drift video forum'....my bad

GeorgeMorley
Heres Me Pulling Off The Big One On Midfeild
Paste It Into Your Web Thing

G:\GT4\IMG0000.JPG

And Snow Drift In A Mazda

G:\GT4\IMG0009.JPG

:lol:

Sorry mate, but i had to laugh.

What you have to do is go to www.imageshack.us and then upload your pics then click Host it. then past those URL's into your post to display the image.

At the moment your linking to your USB stick which is called G, we cant access that unless YOUR usb stick was in OUR computer directly, which it isnt.

EDIT

Weclome randy! :cheers: 👍

Hola!

So I'm pretty new to these forums (started posting about 2 or so weeks ago) but i've been lurking for a good 3 months or so. I'm an average to above average grip driver depending on what my mood is, but im an absolutly horrible drifter. However this is my first time drifting in a gt series (Started playing in GT3). Can i ask a n00b question in here without getting flamed? Ill do it anyways.

-Ive read a lot, i mean tons, of things on what people think are good drifting cars for begginers, but no one is united on just one car. Infact there is an overwhelming number of recommended cars. So far i have begun drifitng in a '04 Honda S200 with Boundary Layer's settings and a Silvia K Aero with settings from the depot. And im wondering if I should try more cars? Maybe im horrible because these cars dont fit me very well. Should i just stick with one of these cars no matter what until i get proficent? If so which one? Or should i experiment with 240sx's, Silvia clones, Skylines, and miatas and such?

-How do i get a custom avatar?

Well hi everyone... I'm a new drifter which is kinda crappy at it... I use a tuned 188 HP AE86 and I'm ok at drifting in Deep Forest Raceway. My usual technique are feints and chain drifts, but I'm having trouble drifting through hairpins like the first corner in Deep Forest. Anyways, hi! :D

i used to think i could drift in gt3 but gt4 is a real challange, well used to be any way i have been drifting for about 3 months now ( got sick of racing ) and i love how much help there is on this site. i cant wait to put my replays on this site and would like to enter some competions, i have alot of mates ( 7-8 of us ) that drift on gt4 and recentley we have had some drift competions they all come round on a sunday and its good fun but i wanna shoe other ppl my stuff i recon ill give some of you a run for ya money. haha:sly:

my favourite drift car is the hks silvia..

Welcome to drifing guys!

[IKickPigeons], you can only get custom avatars once you reach a certain level of seniority (if I said it right)

Madazmatt, can you please use capitals for I and no internet slangs please? Its on the policy, and believe me, you don't want to be caught by the Mods breaking rules again.

hello everybody,

im new to the forum but been a GT fan since the first installment but just started drifting in GT4. Im suck right now but i practice every day trying to get better. also sorry if my english is bad, its my second language.

hi im a new guy im in to all forms of drifting weather it be real life, r/c gas cars or on play station its good to find a site mainly for gt drifting i hope to have a great time on these forums thanks

Haha HCT you've been a GT fan for much longer than me! Wonder why you didnt join GTPlanet before :sly: jk jk I came across this site by accident too :lol:

On behalf of GTPlanet and Swift, the thread starter, I welcome you all! :)

Alright People, Hows life?

New to forum, not new to GT. I play the game every spare minute (no doubt like the rest of you), but I can't get past 55 percent completion on GT4 because that's where all the hard races start and drifting in a race means your the slowest on the grid!!! And thats all I ever end up doing, so my win ratio is piss poor. Soo much fun though.

So I guess I'm a drifter. In real life I've tried it, crashed. So for the mean time I'll stick to drifting in GT. My choice of drift car is (laugh if you like)...

BMW M5, fully tuned with no driving aids. It's a bit hairy and a bit messy (understeers like a b*tch at times) but no car can get crazier angles! Trust me, try it!

Best drift track in my opinion has gotta be Autumn Ring (full). Nice and small, low gear ratios and a stiff assed suspension setup... sweet!

Always great to see new people come on board. Welcome! :)

I'm new to gtplanet but definitly not new to drifting. i've been drifting in gt 4 for about 6 months and just happened to find this site. my favorite track is autum ring mini. Favorite car is anything rear wheel drive.

New to GTplanet, i cant belive all this time i never new about this place =/ lol now i love it here, great ppl, great atmosphere. About myself...Im from Melbourne, Australia. love drift. love motorsport all together, i use to ride bmx alot...but my bike was stolen.... :nervous:

in my spare time i like to play:

ps2:
GT3, GT4 and when im really bored i play some gt2... i have no time for gt1 due to the disc being damaged and game freezing all the time :nervous: i love to play alot of the old psx games. and a hole lot of other games

pc:
I LOVE PLAYING LIVE FOR SPEED S2(www.liveforspeed.net)... one of the best race sims ever. Great for drifting to 👍 (www.lfs-torque.net)

and i play some cs and bf lol oh and aa

and heaps more. Thats about it really. Keep it sideways

foreal7up.jpg
foreal11op.jpg

i've been playing GT4 for over a year now and so i thought i'd try drifting after seeing a video and i need to know is it easyer to drift with a steering wheel or a controller because a have a controller and need to know if i should get a steering wheel:scared:

Back