New Members/Drifters, ANNOUNCE YOURSELF HERE!!!

• Thread starter Swift
  • 1,415 comments
g-racer... Please only post thumbnail images on this site... (or at least smaller pics)... On the Imageshack website, there is a URL for thumbnail images for forums...

BTW, welcome to GTP... Make sure you read the stickies at the top of this forum... A lot of questions are answered there...

Enjoy your stay...

;)

New member here. Ive been playing gt4 for years and never thought to visit a gaming forum for it. As interested as I am in the drift craze, I never thought it was possible either until I saw a few of the videos here. I was so impressed that I decided I would keep trying until I mastered this technique. Im still amateur at best, but drifting has really renewed my interest in the gran turismo series. It really is a blast, and this forum has helped alot. Particularly the drift settings depot. Thanks guys!

Hey everyone, I'm not new. Well mabey. Only been here for a couple of months now. I was drifting in GT4 after I was finished with the game and was starting to think about making some videos. So, I did a search on Google for GT4 drift videos. The first site I saw was this. So, I checked it out. I'm not a "forum" type of guy normally. But, then I found the FBI videos. WOW!!!! I had no idea that people were this into the drifting aspect of the game. Or what kind of videos were possible. So, I singed up right then and there. Then I stumbeled across the GTPDC comps. So, I entered my first GTPDC as an am. And won.:bowdown: That was GTPDC 5. I entered GTPDC 6 in pro div and did not do as well. I am still waiting for the results for GTPDC 7. I do try to check the forum every day but, life sometimes happens and I don't get the chance. Well, the guides and stickies have been so helpful in getting better at drifting in GT4. Many many thanks to eveyone who has any part of them. And thanks to everyone in the GTPDC who has given me advice and critiques on my drifting. Keep up the great work everyone. 👍 👍

I dont understand the singing up part:P

Nice guys, welcome:) Although it's a bit of a late welcome for Erocks then.

Even though im a beginner drifter, which puts me in no position to give others advice. i noticed that drifting different cars on different tracks is a very effective way of learning how to drift. it puts u in different situations and exposes u to different characteristics. for example i alternate between the skyline, nsx and s2000. they behave completely differently. with the skyline i have a chance to work on my throttle, on the s2000 i can fine tune my steering. if any one is reading this and notice a problem with this, feel free to criticize me.

FaLLeNAn9eL
Even though im a beginner drifter, which puts me in no position to give others advice. i noticed that drifting different cars on different tracks is a very effective way of learning how to drift. it puts u in different situations and exposes u to different characteristics. for example i alternate between the skyline, nsx and s2000. they behave completely differently. with the skyline i have a chance to work on my throttle, on the s2000 i can fine tune my steering. if any one is reading this and notice a problem with this, feel free to criticize me.

I would reccomend sticking with one car until you understand the basics... Jumping from car to car can confuse more than anything else, unless you have a good understanding of the different techniques that need to be utilized for different types of cars...

;)

FaLLeNAn9eL
oh ok, what i did was, first i got the basics down using 1 car on 1 track. then i began switching maps doing about 10-15 laps on each.

Don't switch up tracks too much in the beggining either. There's a lot you can learn about your car and technique on each track. try to fine 2 or 3 that you enjoy but a challenging and really hit them hard. This will reduce your learning curve as you already have that track memorized and are familiar with the car.

There will come a time when you can take any decently setup car and drift most any street track. :sly:

Swift
Don't switch up tracks too much in the beggining either. There's a lot you can learn about your car and technique on each track. try to fine 2 or 3 that you enjoy but a challenging and really hit them hard. This will reduce your learning curve as you already have that track memorized and are familiar with the car.

There will come a time when you can take any decently setup car and drift most any street track. :sly:

Well said... Swift Windu does it again!...

;)

hey, i've been drifting for about a month or two but i've only just started posting on here after doing a quick check on google to see if i could find tips etc. and found this site. hopefully i'll be entering some comps and stuff too soon:)

Suzuki
wow, this thread has turned 6 pages in almost a months time. good decision swift! 👍

Thanks

Welcome Drifting Death!

I'm only new to posting been drifting since GT2 well really since the first dualshock. I love old school cars! kinda like the roots of REAL japanese drifting. I'm rolling a 79 bluebird with 163 whp.

Hey im cuzzin, driftin in a s13 silvia k's, cause its my fav car. Ive been into driftin for a bit but really new to GT4 drifting. I hope playin with the cars and thier settings can help me understand cars more, how they react to certain things, what different parts are for etc etc.

Anyways, im in the process of creating my personal settings for my s13. wish me luck! :D

Hey all, well I am as green as it gets, use to watch my friends drift in GT3 while I was the one with the fast car bouncing off the walls trying to win. Just really started trying to learn the game for the brilliance that it is.

As for drifting lets just say its really more of just turning the car and sliding off the road into the wall with an occasionally decent slide. Not physics oriented at all hehe. But I have to say there is nothing more beautiful then watching these cars tackle courses I can barely drive in a car gripping as you may call it, with ease and brilliance.

Lets say it gets discuraging at times, I am using the controller, and have tried a lot of different settings, not getting any better but hey Rome wasnt built in a day. There are mountains and mountains of information but unfortuanly I was always more of watch and learn type, but giving everything a look. Dont know much about setting or should I say anything about setting but this game is to great to treat as a Need for Speed or anything, its so complex that I bought a PS2 just to get this game.

Well just wanted to say hello, thank you for the site, and look forward to maybe one day posting a few pics if I can...

Hello to all drifters!
I don't really look at myself as a real drifter, because I feel I'm not up to any of yours standards.. One day, I hope I'll get a decent grip on it, though :)
Well, why do I drift? Because it's really, really fun! Remember getting a drift on Autumn Ring with a Viper on GT1. Since that, rear wheel drive cars has got more and more of my attention. I love drifting everything from low powered Silvia S13s, to very well powered Blitz' Skyline ER34s.
So please, welcome me into your world of drifting! It's fun! 👍

hey all. im a pretty seasoned gt4 drifter (not just my opinion haha) ... my cars vary from an FC to the Ford GT. you'll usually find me drifting online with xlink or makin some vids. I dont like GT Mode drifting as i find it unrealistic and too easy. Arcade mode with the cars stock is the best IMO. :)

check out the video i did for an online drift session: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j1ataPVTN4

in the vid im the Orange V8 Vantage, White M5, Shelby Series 1, Dark Silver R1 S2K, Silver Z06, Black Skyline GT8

Hello everyone.

I just signed up here. I like to drift quite much and I am OK at drifting.
Hopefully I will have a nice time here and enter as much competitions as I can.

See you all around.

Hehe, Boundarialized has arrived!

Dear lord, how do you two come up with this?.. Your Sig and Profile is classic.
Top Notch Guys 👍

Hello guys

I like drifting for fun and its something i enjoy doing when ive had enough of racing.

Ive been thinking about entereing a GTPDC soon as i have a mate who can turn my maxdrive replays into lovely vids 👍

I'm not really new to GT drifting as I've poped in and out since 2003 back in GT3, but im sure many newer members wont know me. I mainly spend my GT time racing others in OLR and trying to get the best possible time "gripping".

I race with DFP and drift with DS2 👍
I like to think im ok at drifting but im sure once i enter in a GTPDC we will find out the truth :lol:

Small_Fryz
I race with DFP and drift with DS2 👍
I like to think im ok at drifting but im sure once i enter in a GTPDC we will find out the truth :lol:

hehe, you'll do fine in there.

Welcome [back] Dion!

Back