New Mileage Exchange Update Sees the Return of the Lancer Gr.B Road Car

While the Lancer has the same color as before the M4 Safety Car has a new color this week.

Someone explain me why we need road car version of race cars...
They're cool.

The homologation special is one of the reasons why the 1960s-1990s (but particularly the 1980s) were so awesome for cars. RS200, 037 Stradale, ur quattro, Ferrari GTO, CLK-LM, 911 GT1 Strassenversion - even the M3 and 190E AMG were race cars sold as road cars... great days.

These days, competition cars are the remotest possible cousins of their road-going counterparts, and you can't buy street versions of the racing cars. In the 1980s/90s you could buy a road version of the car that won Le Mans, or the top category of GT racing, or the car that won the WRC. Imagine driving a TS050 road car, a GT-R GT3 road car or a Citroen C3 WRC road car today; that's what the 1980s/90s was like - you could do that.

Okay, so GT Sport's "Gr.3" and "Gr.B" cars are largely not real, and the road cars based on them aren't either, but they're cool to have because homologation specials are cool and a reminder of the best era for cars.

Someone explain me why we need road car version of race cars...
It's a matter of taste I guess. I don't care that much for the race cars but I love and drive the heck out of the road versions, just because they are so cool. The 4C is just amazing and the Vette is fun, but tricky as mentioned here before.

Btw can the first M4 Safety Car (in blue) be painted or not? If not, I should grab one from the Mileage Exchange again to get it in different color :D

Aw man, I was hoping that the Mitsu will be silver. I want all of them to be silver, like advertised. =)

DLzhAsGUQAAuySV.jpg:large

The Corvette and Atenza already showed their true color.

Kind of amazed that despite the recycling of cars in the ME shop, there are still quite a few I haven't gotten.

Back