New (New) Aston Martin V8 Vantage

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 144 comments
United Kingdom
Wreckage, Turn 1
PrecisionXCIV
This thread is 12 years old... Says a lot about how long the existing Vantage has been on sale :eek:

Anyway, the new V8 Vantage is almost here and my word does it have a spectacular shape, inspired by the DB10
2019-aston-martin-v8-vantage.jpg

2019-aston-martin-v8-vantage.jpg

A quick number plate search shows the prototype has a 4.0L engine, presumably the AMG-sourced Twin Turbo V8 unit. I don't really like the DB11 but this looks so freaking cool! :drool:

Last edited:
I really don't like the look of the DB10, but this looks like its about to fix just about every single problem I had with it.

And I love the DB11, so its looking promising for Aston Martin :D

I'm liking the shape of that, looks very chiseled and elegant, definitely looks to have taken some design cues from the DB10, particular at the front.

I like how relatively little has changed between the DB10 and the new Vantage. The finished product should look stunning.

This thread is 12 years old... Says a lot about how long the existing Vantage has been on sale :eek:

I think that's the best sign we could possibly have for a new thread, then. 👍

After my sincere disappointment in DB11's design (the thing looks rather atrocious to me, especially from this angle), I'm glad to see AM bringing DB10 into production, at least under Vantage nameplate.

The DB10 was boring as all hell, but this new Vantage is beautiful. It's clean cut, and will look gorgeous in midnight blue. :drool:

Also, the new GTE car will be based on this new shaped Vantage........the Q is, do they go for V8 or V12?
V8 for GTE because engine size regs, and V12 for GT3 because no engine size regs.

I absolutely adore single/connecting break light designs. This is gonna be awesome. If that camo car is any indication it seems to have a shape resembling the DB10 from Spectre.

Vantage seems to have a larger spoiler than DB10's. Sort of a shame, because beautifully subtle and simple design is one of things I love DB10 for. But hey, as long as it does its job.
Can't really say anything else until that bedsheet is off.

I've started a job at an Aston Martin dealership so I'll no doubt see one soon enough before deliveries start happening.

I can't really give an opinion from what I've seen but from the teaser, I'm intrigued on the back end.

AM have surprised me with their new stuff, the V8 DB11 is much better than I thought it would be, having driven both V8 and V12 cars, the V8 seems much more planted.

I'm going to wait until the car is revealed. So far, this AS looks amazing, modern (:D ofcourse it looks modern, it's a modern car Duh), has more beautiful lines than the previous models.

The future looks bright for us petrol head. A lot of beautiful cars to be unveiled, released eventhough we can't afford these cars.

Last edited:
If the teasers are anything to go by, look's like it's could to be a rather wide looking beast. And if the DB10 influences, and AM's generally design language with the DB11 are anything to go by, it should be a rather elegant looking beast as well.

Really eager to see how the GTE machine turns out in it's full guise too...

Back