New - Online B-Spec Challenge No.3 [2/29]

Not very smart bobs makes race interesting and rage inducing. Had loads of trouble at 500pp with my arrow down level 38 bob as well. Got it after 5th attempt in lotus 111r. Camaro ss, pug, mini cooper, yellowbird all failed me when almost unguided. Still, I find this better than previous b spec when the race is yawn inducing easy with most cars. Kudos to PD for making challenging b spec races. Will try with level 20 bobs to see if I can guide them to victory.

I can't win B-Spec races anymore. Updated AI must have made him an idiot because I never had a problem before. He just rams other cars and slides of the track constantly now.

For the 500pp race, give a try to a detuned NSX-R prototype LM roadcar. Then you should gold it very easily.

My lvl39 bob too was too stupid to overtake in the long corner.

... Bobs are too dumb to pass slower cars. They could easily overtake on the outside of that long left hand corner, but instead they brake and/or crash into the trunk of the cars in front. :ouch:

EXACTLY THAT!

The long left hand is perfect for overtaking, but the Bobs are too stupid to do it......

One thing that still sucks in all b-spec races:

The leading cars is insane fast, till you overtake it...after that it drives slow like the rest....

400PP - 189hp Civic SiR-II (EG) '91 (first attempt)
500PP - 318hp Impreza WRX STI '07, 344hp 86 GT '12 (both failed)
650PP - 732hp Corvette Z06 (C6) RM '06 (third), 680hp Nissan GT-R 35 TC (first)

500PP - will next race 382hp MB 190E 2.5 Evo II '91

400 pp used Honda rsx type s 388 pp took the lead in the 4th lap.
500 pp used Suzuki gsx-r concept 471 pp took the lead in the 6th lap.
650 pp Mazda rx-7 tc 629 pp took the lead in the 8th or 9th lap.

Driver lvl 33~34

The 400pp and 650pp were first try wins... the 500pp... GRRRRR.

I tried with the NSX - failed twice with 2 different level 35 bobs, GT-R failed twice with 2 other level 35 bobs. RUF RGT won easily with a level 36 bob. I have to say that it wasn't the cars fault. Oh no, it was the bobs. Tailgating the 11th place car for 3/4 of the first lap, following the opposition for too long, afraid to pass???? REALLY?!

It was frustrating for a while, but then I remembered back when my bobs were noobs... I just smiled and put my favorite bob in the RGT and that was that. My other bobs just don't seem to get it.

I always use these go-to cars:

400pp - FT86 Concept (no instructions given to Bob)
500pp - Shelby Supercharged (no instructions given to Bob)
650pp - GT500 GTR Stealth (didnt work on this one... best was 2nd) Won it with the Brian Vickers NASCAR (no instructions given to Bob)

I found these races fun. I only have one Bob.He started at Level 19 , and is now a level 29. Took me a few hours with quite a few different cars to finally win all three.

My driver just cleared the Suzuka event. In typical sort of 650PP fashion for me, my Level 25 driver was able to pull out a win on the final lap in the McLaren F1 GTR. A big key to my driver's win was that my driver got some help from lapped traffic. The leading car was another McLaren F1 GTR, and that driver was held up a bit by the Yellow Hat Nissan GT-R Super GT car. My driver nicely passed both of them coming out of Spoon Curve. My driver motored away to a win afterwards.

All I need now is to clear the 500PP event around Cape Ring Inside to clear this set of races.

Those who did 500PP in 86 '12 tell me what settings did you use?

Finally did it, in Opel speedster '00

Last edited:
Lotus Evora, mildly tuned and not much coaching finally won the 500pp for me.

Have a level 29 driver. Ran the Evora twice on the 500pp and on the last lap he would take the lead, then spin out on the grass at the last corner after doing the same corner fine for the whole race. Almost threw my playstation out a window. Finally won by telling him to pace down the whole last lap. Yay. The 650pp seemed to be an easy one as long as I used the 2J. This may be the newest and greatest cash cow yet. One million without really doing anything! 👍

chitovf: I almost won using that car as well, but my level 29 driver was all over the place on the last lap. I placed 2nd on that try by a hair.

400pp: Vauxhall VX220 Turbo '00
500pp: Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01
650pp: Pagani Zondar R '09

Level 34 driver. I only gave input on the 650pp race as I was afraid my driver wouldn't make it and I would have to spend another 20 minutes on that race.

I can just copy paste this list from the previous B-spec event. Sadly, I don't see any reason to try other cars as either Bob wins, or he doesn't... With these cars he does :D So far I haven't found cars that bring a special 'flavour' to these B-spec events. Ah well, it is a decent pot of gold.

FINALLY did it! My ace driver finally won the Cape Ring Inside race, and a new star is born. The car I used was my 2003 Shelby Series 1. I took a different tuning strategy here that ultimately paid off. I figured I had a pretty good American car that makes good power. So rather than pile on horsepower additions (all I actually did was change the oil), I lightened the car as much as possible while keeping it within the 500PP restriction. Yeah- trying to lighten the car rather than make it more powerful. Good strategy for a track like Cape Ring Inside. The first attempt, my driver completely blew it by going off-course in the final few corners. It was at this point where I was like, "we're doing this again because you could have won this race." I continually coached my driver to overtake at a moment's notice. And by about halfway, my driver was already up to 4th place. The driver was in the lead heading into the final lap. To make sure my driver didn't screw this one up, I Paced Down the driver in the final section.

So mission accomplished- this set of B-Spec challenges have been cleared.

iLex
I can just copy paste this list from the previous B-spec event...

Yes, same old.

I had a bit of time though so tried some different cars on the 500pp with level 28 Bob:

Shelby 350, only managed 4th but was mildly entertaining watching Bob fight the oversteer.

Mugen S2000, 2nd against NSX Type R. Might have caught up if he hadn't gone off trying to muscle a much bigger Evo through the chicane- he just bounced off it.

Elise RM, comfortable win but no NSX.

Last edited:
There are three primary cars to be concerned with in the Cape Ring Inside event: the Skyline/GT-R, the NSX, and the Esprit. My top B-Spec driver even got a bit physical when the driver won the event yesterday. I sometimes believe in "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em." Make it a fair fight by bringing your own beast. I remember how people (including myself) were sketchy about the Dream Car Championship featuring the Jaguar XJ-R9 among the GT by Citroën Race Car and others. So if that's how PD will play it, bring your own XJ-R9 to make it a fair fight and to give yourself a chance.

One thing I forgot to note about when I did the Suzuka event... my B-Spec driver won the event in only one try. The event included another BMW McLaren F1 GTR.

I did the 500pp Cape Ring event for fun, with the Opera Performance 2004 S2000. 302hp, 930kg, 500pp. My lvl39 Bob without any coaching won this by 7sec, against NSX and Esprit. On the end of lap 5, my Bob entered the last chicane side by side with the NSX and the Griffith 500. The Griffith even got physical but my Bob stand still and exit with the NSX. He had no trouble passing the Esprit a bit later.

Did it with a slightly tuned Dodge Challenger. Just upped the hp a little a bit so it would reach 500PP and added drivetrain parts.

I think the 500PP race is like they should be - it's a challenge and you don't win every time, but you can win with lots of different cars.

snowgt
Did it with a slightly tuned Dodge Challenger. Just upped the hp a little a bit so it would reach 500PP and added drivetrain parts.

I think the 500PP race is like they should be - it's a challenge and you don't win every time, but you can win with lots of different cars.

True! Lose the first place by 0,0056 in a completely stock Supra RZ ( oil changed only) against the R34 Skyline. Got a nice photo finish picture! I have to mention I did push my driver all the time.

Back