New Seasonals: All Elise, WRX and Fiat 500 Setups Inside!

• Thread starter Adrenaline
  • 247 comments
3 secs to make up on the Elise race, I am lapping at 1.04

this

I haven't tried the Akira setup but does it address the 2nd gear corner issue? I tried running Manual with no aids and then Auto with as many aids allowed (driving line included) only to get the same results - 1:04 lap times.

I am using a DS3, so throttle control in the Elise is a chore coming out of the corners (really, any slight deviation from perfectly straight!). Sometimes I have to tap-tap on the gas to keep from overpressing it.

I softened the suspension a little and even tried lower second gear as much as allowable - I noticed better traction out of the corners but it was sluggish on the low end. Didn't really affect my times anyway.

I spent about 3 hours creating a tune that will allow you to be extremely aggressive with corner entry with the Elise. With the gearing I used it allows you to pull every corner in 3rd. I was running 1:02.6 consistently. Here are my settings for those who may want to try them. I used them with a DS3 and a G27 and the work well with either. Throttle control is a little tough on a DS3. Anyways here is my setup.

Parts to buy:
Aero
Carbon hood
Windows
Chassis reinforcement
Full Custom transmission
Twin Disc clutch
Semi-racing flywheel
Full custom coilovers

Aids:
Traction control:1
ABS:1

Gearing:
Final Drive ration 6.0000
Top speed 118

Suspension: F/R
Ride Height: -10/-12
Spring Rate: 7.1/9.2
Extension: 5/6
Compression: 4/5
Roll Bars: 3/4
Camber 1.9/1.0
Toe: -.10/-.15

Brakes: F/R
Balance: 5/6

Aero: F/R
Downforce: 0/20

Ballast: 36
Ballast location: 0

Engine power: Limiter 98.1% May need to change depending on engine health.

Description:

Car has a slight bit of oversteer to help maintain speed thru the turns. The gearing helps slow the car down to allow late braking. Turn exits should be in 3rd gear for the tight turns. The long sweeper before the start/finish line you enter in 6th, late brake and down shift to fifth and apply light breaking to get the car to around 81 mph thru the turn it will hold the speed thru the turn. I was avg 1.02.6 everylap and was able to pass the lead car on the end of the 4th lap. I ran the race again ans was still to pass the lead car before the back stretch on the 5th lap. Finished with around 2.5 seconds on the 2nd place car.

Having only just updated to Spec II I've found these have been some of the most enjoyable 'races' so far [even if you are only clawing your way through the pack] ... the most advice I can offer with the Impreza challenge is to buy the torque splitter and set it 20/80 rearwards, really helps with the understeer coming out of corners ... there also seems to be an insane amount of rear toe on the standard suspension setup, sending this the other way helped cornering too. Finally it's essential to shorten the gearing to top out about 140mph, anything more is just a waste!

i was really frusrated after a lot of attempts and a lot of settings. then i won after i smashed into leader during the end of 2nd last corner XD

Thanks for the help with the Elise set up.I'm still struggling to make 2nd place.398 miles and no luck(skill).This event has challenged me.I think it's helping my driving and took a car that I liked the looks of but HATED to drive into a car that is a real treat to drive.

I'll post my final set up after i get gold.

I cracked top position in the Lotus yesterday. Better of weight shifting the car in the corners rather than grip driving.

I tried Akira's tune for the Fiat 500 without weight reduction. I'm 10 seconds shy of the leader so I'm going to go ahead and shed that weight.

And then transmission tuning and I think I'm set.

Last edited:
First post to say thanks for the setups guys!

Golded the Fiat challenge easily, I thought it was the easiest of the 3
Elise challenge made me hate that Elise even more, but took a ton of tries

I'm just gonna cut my losses and say F the Subaru challenge, I don't have the time required to make the car slip slide and dive around the track appropriately. I'd rather take that challenge on in a Pinto, I'm sure it would handle better.

My boy has a 07 STi and I can assure you it handles 2394092x's better than that '10 POS you use in this game.

Darn that Subaru...

I just started running these two days ago. The first night, I knocked off the Elise and the Fiat races, took a few tries each... I figured the Subaru race would be a piece of cake for me since I really like Laguna Seca and usually run quite well there.

Well I must have spent 4 hours trying to gold with the Subaru. I tried several tunes I found here, still the best I could get was about 3 seconds behind first place. I watched videos of people winning, and thought I had figured out a flaw in the way I drive the course, was sure I could win after seeing those. Went on to run another hour or so, try as I did, I could barely ever even get to 1:35 seconds and usually ran 1:36 or higher. I could never get the thing to turn well, kept pushing badly heating up the tires making it much worse for the next corner, etc...

Eventually out of desperation I decided maybe I had bent my car or something, so I bought a second car, started from scratch. Going with the idea I had tweaked the chassis somehow I decided to get chassis stiffening , which I had not done on the original car. First time out in this new car and I dam near won the race, the car felt totally different, I knew then, that something for sure was really wrong on the first car.

Long story shorter, I got gold the second time out in the new car. Originally I thought it was all related just to the chassis stiffening I had done on the second car, but not on the first, however this has proved to not be entirely true. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what was wrong with my first car.

The moral of the story is... If you keep trying and trying and you know your capable of good driving, then maybe the car really is the problem.

Darn I wasted a lot of freaking time on that Subaru race... The Level 23 ticket is really a nice prize however, if not for that, I probably had given up on the whole race.

Oh, and get this... The winning setup on the second car, was 100% standard chassis and drive train setup... I had of course given engine the full work over.

Back