New Seasonals: All Elise, WRX and Fiat 500 Setups Inside!

• Thread starter Adrenaline
  • 247 comments
Finally won Tsukuba and laguna yesterday after what seemed like eternity. Now that I have won all 3 my biggest thanks to all who shared tune, tips and setup.

For the Fiat one, I fully tuned than power restricted. Sometimes the peak torque figure can vary depending on what combination of parts and restriction settings you use, I managed to get my peak torque to 16.1 @ 3000rpm, peak power at 3200rpm. This is important - past 3000rpm your torque decreases but power stays the same - so pay attention to the curve.

I short shifted the 500 to keep my revs between 3500 - 4500rpm, to maximise both power and torque. Also cut the last corner. Tried this first time last night and was 0.02 seconds behind first place, but I know I can do much better than that!
Just remember to pay attention to your power/torque curve when you use engine restrictions - redlining is a waste of time.

Well all of the setups i have found so far are doing the opposite of they are supposed to do, but in reality they are doing exactly what they should do, lots of understeer, lots of no control of where your back end is going. For a car that already sucks for handling why would we want to give it more understeer? Are we trying to drift around the course in the Elise? The game follows the mechanics of Real life, meaning if you want more control, you want your Front Compression Lower than your back, so the weight shifts to the front, and you drive around the corner, not slide.... You Also would want a hard Anti-Sway Bar in the back, with a weak setting up front, along with camber, and Toe-In in the front. needless to say the Lotus Elise is one of the most hated cars in the game right now, along with the Subaru with tires, that would be better off just racing on rims, cause they are horrible.
That being said, anyone have a set-up like i mentioned above?

I won the Fiat 500 and Subbie challenge thanks to some of the setups here. The Lotus is really a pain in the ass, i push as hard and careful as i can but the leading car is still hard to come close to and i use a DS3 controller. Maybe i should try more setups, or is there any good technique for this? I cheated a bit with the Subaru, i took the inside of the first corner and it helps really a lot because you can win a lot of time.

Here is what I came up with. One guy used it and it helped him to win, with a fast lap of 1.34:2xx. Similar in handling to Graycap's, but easier to put your foot down coming out of the corners.
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI '10

395 HP, 401 Ft/lbs, 1250 kg, PP 531

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood (Body Color)
Sports ECU
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Full Customization Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Torque Distributing Center Differential
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Hard Tires

Weight Adjustment Ballast
Ballast Amount (kg): 14
Ballast Position: 50 to the front

Engine Power Limiter
Power Level: 88.8 %

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 28/ 7(borrowed from Rotary Junkie)
Acceleration Sensitivity: 58 / 55(borrowed from Rotary Junkie)
Braking Sensitivity: 31 / 11 (borrowed from Rotary Junkie)

Torque Distributing Center Differential
Front / Rear Torque Distribution: 35 / 65

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -25 /-15
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 12.0 / 15.0
Dampers (Extension): 8 / 9
Dampers (Compression): 3 / 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 1 / 5
Camber Angle (-): 2.5 / 0.2(borrowed from Rotary Junkie)
Toe Angle: -0.20 / -0.10

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 4 / 10
Transmission: 143

Driving Options FOR DS3 USERS PUT TURNING SENSITEVITY TO 7
Your choice, i play around with them, havent decided on anything yet.

Play around with it, it is able to take corners with less slipage than normal

If anyone wants me to explain this, i would be more than happy to.

I'm putting this up here, as it is working for a few people, I guess it is similar to Graycap's tune, however, they are saying that it is easier to put the power down coming out of the turns.

Last edited:
Finally getting around to trying these...only thing I have done prior is get 4th with stock fiat.. I bought and tuned based on 1st post, and fiat shows 1000kg and 65hp....yet it won't let me play as it says I need 65hp or less...even if I use power limit and bring hp down to 64 or 63 it still says hp needs to be 65 or less! Wtf??

ForceMotion
I won the Fiat 500 and Subbie challenge thanks to some of the setups here. The Lotus is really a pain in the ass, i push as hard and careful as i can but the leading car is still hard to come close to and i use a DS3 controller. Maybe i should try more setups, or is there any good technique for this? I cheated a bit with the Subaru, i took the inside of the first corner and it helps really a lot because you can win a lot of time.

Add my name. I have all the cars online and setup, but my lotus one is by far the best. I killed it and beat everyone by 3 seconds

Ok I have been alerted that my cars didn't meet restrictions anymore, but I have fixed them all now. Anyone using my online cars please tell me if it goes over the limit and I will fix it.

Has anyone managed to beat the STI race without power or weight upgrades? I'm 4 seconds behind with only drivetrain and suspension tuning but I'm having a hard time getting closer without bulldozing the opponents. :boggled:

the tune i used on my subaru is from Greycap, but slightly modified:

buy everything for the car

ballast 14kg
location 50 front

power level- 77.2% (395hp, 460 tq)

mid rpm turbo and all other performance parts (highest tier)

trans- 143mph, stock final drive

diff- front (5, 10, 5) rear (10, 40, 5)

tq split- 25 front 75 rear

susp- ride height -15, -5
springs rate 7.0 front 9.0 rear
extension front 6 rear 7
compression front 4 rear 5
anti-roll bars front 3 rear 5
camber front & rear 1.5
toe front -0.10 rear -0.20

brakes front 4 rear 7

This is my Elise 111R setup for the Expert Seasonal Event (did it at last):

Thank you so much Akira san!
Your settings are great and have help me a lot!
Hope to see you post your every setting of every car!!! 👍
When will you post the settings of WRX?

I'm at the point where I think I tried just about every tune for the Subaru and I cannot get any closer than 2 seconds to the lead car. I have been at it for about 5 days now and I find myself getting more and more frustrated with this dang race. My practice runs are clean and like 1:35ish and when I get in the actual race, I can seem to repeat. I am about to just give up...

How Lotus has ever managed to sell a single car in it's entire history amazes me. That thing slides around more than Disney on Ice and I've tried about 6 different tunes while being about as careful with acceleration and braking as I possibly can.

One slight slight error and the back wheels become the front wheels.

I still haven't managed to gold these, I suck big time.

You probably dont suck at all mate. Imo, just concentrate on 1 event at a time and eventually your times wil drop, trust me. Need to constantly repeat and repeat, any rest period will probably drop you off pace but just keep going back to them. Lots of good tips in this thread. I think i still have the cars with gold setups so send fr and i can share if you like, cheers

I managed to do the Fiat racing using SHIRAKAWA Akira tune, I ended up changing the final gear (4.050, BIG THANKS TO tadlock) and using Auto with the DS3 (I know, I know auto but still got gold). my times were not that great but the last two laps I got 2.03 which helped me catch the lead car.

Now working on the Elise race, I managed to get 2nd so far but thats still along way from first.

Last edited:
Sad to see those of you guys who are beeing sad/mad over a challanging event.
But dont you worry. There will probably take a while before you will have to do anything else then compete in super easy events again. Hope you are happy!

Me, I love this kind of events. Finally something challenging in this game except the licenses and online-mode. I hope many more is to come! The best seasonal so far if you ask me.
I've taken on this challenge just recently and have been tuning maybe 20 different set ups on the impreza-race. I'm 0.3-0.6 from winning the race on the latest atempts. But I've taken a few advice from some of the cunning GTPers posted here. Lets hope it gives me a push!

Huge thanks to Akira. I used your setups on the fiat and lotus race using my G25. (Subaru I used my own and cut the corkscrew :D)
Fiat I won first try with just under 4 seconds spare, I followed your setup exactly but i didn't play around with weight reduction and I only used sport flywheel upgrades. Lotus on my 5th try, after many hours previously I also didn't mess around with weight reductions only just enough to get to the limit. (Handling setup on lotus is perfect)

Tips for Fiat race would be to use as little steering input as possible to not shave off speed. And try not to change down a gear if you don't absolutely have to. I never went lower than 4th except for the sharp right after the tunnel.

With the Lotus. Brake as late as possible and short shift out of the tighter corners especially the corner before the arch (don't downshift for the right hander under the arch leave it in 4th). I only touched the brakes a little for the very last corner just after the barriers start on he left and try to feather as much throttle in coming out onto the straight and run it as wide as you can. I managed to catch up with the lead car and pass him before the second corner on the last lap.

H0urg1ass
How Lotus has ever managed to sell a single car in it's entire history amazes me. That thing slides around more than Disney on Ice and I've tried about 6 different tunes while being about as careful with acceleration and braking as I possibly can.

One slight slight error and the back wheels become the front wheels.

You re right ,though you might use it to your advantage! Track s hard!

I am stupid. I thought you would have to race these races in stock vehicles :) I actually managed to won the 500 event with completely stock car :)

Finally beat that stupid Fiat race! Thanks Akira! The tuning is solid. I had to try a bunch of different lines. Eventually I realized that just tapping the breaks WHILE turning actually sped up the cornering. I'm used to faster cars where it's better to brake before turning the wheel. It took me a while to realize that but once I did I found a great line.

Finally got the Fiat and Elise DONE!

Now working on the subie. Lap times are right around 1.36 - 1.37, with the occasional 1.35

Am I too slow? I am going to try some different tunes till i get it!

Justin

Back