New Seasonals: All Elise, WRX and Fiat 500 Setups Inside!

• Thread starter Adrenaline
  • 247 comments
Oh, one thing to note, when you're doing these races and getting close to the finish, realizing you are going to lose, don't finish the race. Restart before crossing the line because the game won't disqualify your car that now likely has more power (due to oil change) than would be allowed. In these races, every LITTLE bit counts right?

Stage 3 Chassis Weight Reduction
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
Rigidity Improvement

Ballast
- Amount: 147 Kg
- Position: 50

Power Limiter: 68.8%

Sports Air Filter
Low RPM Turbo

Transmission: fully customizable
- Max Speed: 230
- Shift gear at maximum 4800-5000 rpm

Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Fully Customizable LSD
- Initial Torque: 10
- Acceleration: 12
- Braking: 5

Suspension: fully customizable
- Ride Height: -10/-15
- Spring Rate: 4.0/3.3
- Dampers (extension): 2/3
- Dampers (compression): 1/2
- Anti-Roll Bars: 1/3
- Camber angle (-): 1.2/0.8
- Toe Angle: 0.00/-0.25

even tho i used this setup i can't manage to beat it lol ..
always end up on 4th place, can anybody help me on this ? :grumpy:

Last edited:
Finally passed the Fiat challenge and for all that work I get a NASCAR? Wtf? Should be a checkbox in the options to forgo any an all things related to NASCAR. That in my my opinion is not racing. Going left for 40 laps is not my idea of racing. Clearly my opinion tho. The rest of the world likes F1 and I'm stuck in the one place that's in love with yokel racing.

I've done stupid setups, I've done setups that seem somewhat less crazy, and with manual I can only hit low 2.04's, using a fully modified (no turbo) 500, may as well just stick with second, besides what I got from the 23 ticket was disappointing, a BMW McLaren F1 Racer, so yeah >_>

My elise tune was as follows;
465PP, 195BHP, 759kg

Aero 0/20
Ballast 101kg @ position 0

Engine limit 68.3%

Transmission at 130mph

LSD 10/9/5

Ride height -25/-25
Spring rate 6.5/10.0
D. Extension 7/8
D. Compress 6/5
A.R. Bars 3/3
Camber 1.3/1.5
Toe -0.10/-0.15

Brakes 5/6

Fully modify this girl, full weight reduction, power, etc; limit it down and add the ballast. I used a low RPM turbo, little difference between the turbo's though, but I'd recommend lower because of the track personally, although if you feel it going sideways on you, ditch the turbo altogether and just go with less limitation on the engine. You could try ASM although it really can hinder you, you're better just mastering throttle control on the car really. Oh, and I don't know if it helps, but it I did better when it was yellow :P.

I went thru a bunch of set ups last nite, honestly dont know what some of these people are thinking, their set up were so bad. I managed to find what worked and what didnt and beat the fiat an suburu race, still cant get closer than 1.5 secs on the elise. Even with the traction control up to 7 the car is still tail happy, any higher and the acceleration just suffers so bad. Workin on it and im sure i'll get that second an a half.

Finally passed the Fiat challenge and for all that work I get a NASCAR? Wtf? Should be a checkbox in the options to forgo any an all things related to NASCAR. That in my my opinion is not racing. Going left for 40 laps is not my idea of racing. Clearly my opinion tho. The rest of the world likes F1 and I'm stuck in the one place that's in love with yokel racing.

To each his own but theres alot more to nascar than making left turns. It is alot more strenuous on the driver than F1, the races are longer, and theres more of them per year. How would you like to sit in a car with no airconditioning for 4-5 hours in 140 degree heat. Some drivers lose as much as 7-8 pounds during a single race and drivers have had their heals severely burned from siting on scalding hot floorboards for hours. There is also more planning and figuring that goes on behind the scenes than you can even imagine. I dont mind a good F1 race, but to say Nascar is not racing, you obviously dont know much about racing, Nascar is american autoracing. The rest of the world doesnt do Drag Racing, would you say thats not racing either?

I never understood the ignorance displayed, when openly disrespecting any sport.

Why is turning left, any different than turning right? It's not. A turn, is a turn, is a turn, who cares what direction? What happens within the turn is what makes it racing. I'd love to hear the logic, behind thinking that turning left then right, takes more skill or talent, than turning left then left. I suppose the Indy 500 isn't racing either then, right?

What if a NASCAR fan came here, talking about how pathetic Formula Racing was, because it doesn't take any skill to drive a car, that weighs so little, but has so much downforce and sits on top of those huge racing slicks with infinite amounts of grip?
I assume pretty insulted?

So, for a second, just think how moronic they would appear to you, if they made that statement.
Got it?
That's exactly how you sound, when you make statements like 'NASCAR isn't racing, it's just turning left'.

I never understood the ignorance displayed, when openly disrespecting any sport.

Why is turning left, any different than turning right? It's not. A turn, is a turn, is a turn, who cares what direction? What happens within the turn is what makes it racing. I'd love to hear the logic, behind thinking that turning left then right, takes more skill or talent, than turning left then left. I suppose the Indy 500 isn't racing either then, right?

What if a NASCAR fan came here, talking about how pathetic Formula Racing was, because it doesn't take any skill to drive a car, that weighs so little, but has so much downforce and sits on top of those huge racing slicks with infinite amounts of grip?
I assume pretty insulted?

So, for a second, just think how moronic they would appear to you, if they made that statement.
Got it?
That's exactly how you sound, when you make statements like 'NASCAR isn't racing, it's just turning left'.

I chuckled when I read his quote about NASCAR being only turning left -- I never liked NASCAR; thought it was for hillbillies and rednecks 'til I spent some time watching it with someone who knows what the sport is all about. Sure formula cars go faster, but there is something to be said about tagging someone's quarter panel while going 180+mph. NASCAR rocks; NASCAR drivers have got balls of titanium. Like Adrenaline says (paraphrasing), if you're gonna slander a sport, you probably don't know it. I'd recommend watching a race concurrently with checking out the NASCAR website -- awesome in-race stuff. Seriously, if you like racing at all, you would like NASCAR.

Back on topic -- I used the tune for the Fiat 500 of Shirakawa akira -- blew away the competition! On to Tsukuba!

Last edited:
I understand people not enjoying it, but completely disregarding it as a sport, based purely on their personal opinion of it's entertainment value, is an entirely different matter.
That's all I'm saying.

The real proof that there is real racing in Nascar- BTW, I dont like Nascar- is that formula one drivers choose to race it...more and more now, 2012 will see several more GP pilots herding Nascar iron around the track. Hell even Ricky Carmichael the greatest motocrosser of all time is one of them guys....so even the two wheelers get it...
Personnally, if its not on a road course I'm not happy driving those behemoths.
I guess I do have to admit to grudgingly have run the American series Indy race a few hundred times...and I do love how the #24 just crushes those supposedly hot GT/LMP etc cars but so does my non RM 010 Camaro and all sorts of other unlikely cars.. but we all know its not the cars its the AI :D

Last edited:
Any of the people that think Nascar isnt racing because they only turn left, watch the race this weekend from Sonoma, calif. Its one of the road courses, and they are always a great race to watch, im partial to watkins glen myself. And to quote a famous line from days of thunder " your used to cars being half the weight with tires twice as wide, now the car weighs twice as much and the tires are half as wide". Go to Indy for the 500 and the brickyard 400, the only difference is about 30mph.

Hello guys i win with Subaru, my fastest lap is 1:34:643 with this setup

Mods:
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Lightened Glass
Carbon Bonnet
All Aero gear incl rear wing
Sports ECU
Stage 3 Engine Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Cat
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Mid Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Trans
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Torque Distributing Centre Diff
Carbon Prop Shaft
Fully Customisable Suspension

Settings:
Aero: 20
Ballast: 14kg
Power Limiter: 400hp
Transmission: Standard gearing, Max Speed 220kph
Front LSD: 15, 20, 15
Rear LSD: 15, 50, 25
Torque Split: 50F, 50R
Height: -25, -25
Rate: 12.3, 11.2
D Ext: 7, 7
D Comp: 7, 7
Swaybars: 5, 5
Camber: 1.0, 2.0 (2.5 dont remember)
Toe: 0.00, 0.20
Brakes: 5, 8

Assists:
Trans: Auto
TCS: 5
Active Steering: Off
ASM: Off
ABS: 1
Sensitivity: 0

Last edited:
As far as being a spectator sport goes, I find nascar about as entertaining as watching paint dry... that being said, I can still appreciate the level of skill, talent, and courage it takes to pilot those vehicles at the speeds they do in such close proximity for so long. Would be immensely demanding on the driver.

Just because it may not interest you, doesnt mean there's no challenge to it :)

FINALLY!!!! Golded with the Suburu----Now I can watch some NASCAR with a clear conscience. Nationwide Series @ Road America 6/25 on ESPN @ 5:46 P.M ET. AND Sprint Cup Series @ Infineon Raceway on TNT 6/26 @,3:19 pm ET

NASCAR rocks; NASCAR drivers have got balls of titanium. Like Adrenaline says (paraphrasing), if you're gonna slander a sport, you probably don't know it. I'd recommend watching a race concurrently with checking out the NASCAR website -- awesome in-race stuff. Seriously, if you like racing at all, you would like NASCAR.

My hat is off to the NASCAR drivers and aficianados for their superlative attention spans - and also the balls as big as church bells. Thanks for the tip about the web site - I've found a lot more appreciation for motorsport spectating since embarking on the GT5 addiction*, but knowing that there's all sorts of comms going on with juicy strategy stuff happening that I can't hear kind of frustrates me - oval races in particular I just don't know the nuances to appreciate on my own. And I'm still too scared to try NASCAR rooms online - Bump drafting *shiver*, holding lines with a DS3, tire wear setups and preservation....

I like tennis, though.

On topic, I found the Elise challenge by far the hardest. Got the Fiat and Subaru challenges done in 1-3 attempts with my own horrid guesstimated setups (RKM's Scoobie worked for me later on a different account), and Akira's Elise (eventually).

:bowdown: for any who could do the first two bone stock.

*"...and these 'ing cars keep going around and around it is so 'ing boring... Yes Murray, it really is f..." - Billy Birmingham, Wired World of Sports, about Australia's Bathurst 1000.

Subaru
All upgrades again.
Aero 20 ballast 14 KG at -50 position.
Gears - just final gear at 3.860 and max speed 137 mph
LSD settings - Initial 5 front 10 rear
Accel 20 front 40 rear
Brake 5 front 5 rear

Torque setting 35 front 65 rear.

Suspension
Height +20 front ( not a typo) -20 rear
Springs 9.5 and 8.0
Dampers ext 7 and 6 Dampers comp 6 and 5 ARB's 5 and 5
Camber 2.3 and 1.0 Toe 0.00 and 0.00
Brakes 4 and 8

Kudos for a brilliant setup! Worked like a charm. I was able to pull off 1.34.4 in the last lap for the win 👍

I have waived the white flag on this damn event. Best I can get is 2nd with the Fiat and 3rd with the Elise. I am not going to even bother attempting the third one. I don't have technical knowledge to tune the car, nor the patience to get every single bloody corner perfect in order to keep up the speed. PD really fooked up when it comes to racing in this game. GT only ever seems to about the clock as there is ZERO skill required to overtake anyone.

There are all kinds of tunes on the site for the three events. I don't think any tune is Gold for every driving style. Each one can & probably should be tweaked for your individual strengths & weaknesses of your driving skills. But 1st & foremost is attitude about the challenge itself. If you want to place 1st you have the tools to do it with. The AI doesn't get smarter, the track doesn't change & the car stays relatively the same but you as a thinking being can adapt & change to accomplish the goal. Others have, I have & believe me it was a personal challange that got personal. Depends on how big GT5 figures in your life. Some folks are making a living from this SIM racing series. Me, I'am 65, retired & don't get over on much these days so its a big deal. FWIW.

With the help of some tuning settings mentioned before, I'm now proud to say I golded all three events. A lot of swearing and sweating was involved. Lotus was the hardest for me, plus I learned a lot about taking corners on Laguna Seca.

I got silver on all of these events on my first tries, but progressing beyond that has been another issue.

I golded the Elise 2 or 3 days ago on my 6th or 7th try. This one was far easiest for me.

I really haven't been putting forth much effort on the Suburu challenge since the Fiat has been killing me. Still 2 secs back. I really just need to sit down and tackle this, but I usually just pick it up whenever I have a second and race once. Not really the way to approach these I think. :dunce:

Golded all a while back, thanks to everyone who shared their valuable setups 👍

BTW, still I hate all Tsukuba races and all 🤬 Lotus cars...

Duuudes... i was f...ing 6-7 hours with subaru, at the min lap time was 1.36... i was nearly mad, when i realised, that i should tune up the engine for max. and only reduce power.
imagine how well trained i was on laguna, if after that i managed all laps by 1.34, and last 1.33.
I want to say thank you to the guy, who wrote on forum "tune up engine for max, minimize the power, but still you'll have a torque..." - man, you're my god.

and thanks for Greycap tune, it worked, after i tried 1000 different setups.

All in all, after 100-120 attempts i won Bentley Speed 8 RC, maybe it's worth.

People I said it once I'll say it again. Add my name to your PS3 and use any of the cars you want. There all set up to win so all you have to do is worry about driving perfect.

People I said it once I'll say it again. Add my name to your PS3 and use any of the cars you want. There all set up to win so all you have to do is worry about driving perfect.

it's not interesting. there have to be a competition with yourself... :grumpy:

sNoo
it's not interesting. there have to be a competition with yourself... :grumpy:

Lol trust me the setup is there to win, but it's not a guarantee you will win at all. You must do everything perfect, you just lose the worry of "is my car set up to even give me the chance to win?"

Back