New Thrustmaster F1 Wheel?

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 660 comments
Ok thanks... I kind of new that it would feel the same as 1kg of sugar but I meant how it felt in hand LOllL

But thanks for the reply

90 grams is almost a tenth the weight. It will make difference especially combined with the smaller ( slightly) wheel rim and you will feel the effects of the ffb as being stronger on the F1 rim. Its very basic physics. It is the same with the debate between csr/gt2. Same motor etc, stronger ffb to the end user through the use of a lighter rim.

According to some guy on YouTube the ffb is weak as it is not pulling my table apart (talking about Csr) and I have a strong feeling it is one of the forum users

amf7
According to some guy on YouTube .

That about sums it up.
There is a difference between weak and smooth. Smooth ffb will feel "weak" because it is not trying to destroy your house but delivering the power in a more controlled manor.

Anyway, i really have no merit in this discussion as i do not own the TM or csr.

amf7
Ok thanks... I kind of new that it would feel the same as 1kg of sugar but I meant how it felt in hand LOllL

But thanks for the reply

It feels when grabbing both of them at the hub like the weight is evenly distributed, with about the same weight. It is actually hard to notice the 90 grams of difference, but like with weighing off some vegetables I was able to feel some tiny difference that I couldn't put my finger on until I properly put them on the scale. Also like I said earlier the distribution of that weight over the wheel differs. Which might influence how easy the engine is able to start and stop the wheel, although this will probably be a small difference mathematically.

But thanks for the reply

It feels when grabbing both of them at the hub like the weight is evenly distributed, with about the same weight. It is actually hard to notice the 90 grams of difference, but like with weighing off some vegetables I was able to feel some tiny difference that I couldn't put my finger on until I properly put them on the scale. Also like I said earlier the distribution of that weight over the wheel differs. Which might influence how easy the engine is able to start and stop the wheel, although this will probably be a small difference mathematically.

Thanks .... This gives me and others a better picture

Caz
90 grams is almost a tenth the weight. It will make difference especially combined with the smaller ( slightly) wheel rim and you will feel the effects of the ffb as being stronger on the F1 rim. Its very basic physics. It is the same with the debate between csr/gt2. Same motor etc, stronger ffb to the end user through the use of a lighter rim.

True, but at the end of the day it´s still only 90 grams.

If it were 900kg´s and 90kg´s there would be a notable difference.
90 grams for humans is virtually non existant if you compare two things that weigh.

You will feel it if you have nothing in your hand and then add 90 grams but not 900 then add 90 grams.

True, but at the end of the day it´s still only 90 grams.

If it were 900kg´s and 90kg´s there would be a notable difference.
90 grams for humans is virtually non existant if you compare two things that weigh.

You will feel it if you have nothing in your hand and then add 90 grams but not 900 then add 90 grams.

@hampus_dh: just curious- have you used the TM F1 wheel at all? Had a chance to even try it out? Don't mean to come down on you if so, I'm just confused why you're arguing with someone who has if you have not?

Wildrun those are great vids :dopey:

Caz

right on 👍

Not sure if this is considered a double post since I originally posted above much earlier today*

But to get to the point I just noticed the Ferrari f1 rim is $199! :scared:

It looks sweet and all but man.... You can order a CSR Wheel for that almost lol.

Yeah, I bet it's the Ferrari license that needs to be paid mostly. Just look at the Ferrari Web-Shop for the licensed item prices of things their brand related: http://store.ferrari.com/en/

On another note, Thomas also mentioned that the his CSW rims would start at 150 euros. But when you look at the quality of the wheels, they are a noticeable step up compared to the T500 RS rims. Besides, I haven't seen any use of stickers that look like knobs. If there is a knob on there, it will be useable.

Just unboxed the wheel which shipped from Amazon yesterday. I haven't installed or updated firmware yet but overall build quality is solid. Rubber grips are a little tacky feeling but that may just be the mold release residue from the manufacturing process. The K, PL, N, DRS etc. buttons are nice and have a heavy yet satisfying click to them. The DIF and CHRG rotary knobs are fantastic. The face or surface of the of the wheel is made of a very thin brushed black anodized aluminum and looks good but I can only imagine how this unit will be modded down the road. Someone will definitely add some 3M carbon fiber skin to it or likely the real stuff at some point. Well I'm off to hooking this thing up. I can't wait to try out the paddle shifting in F1 2011. So tired of looking for a downshift to second or first in a tight switchback or chicane. 👍

I reckon in a while particulary when the F1 season comes to an end and around the run upto Christmas or in Jan sales this product will see a nice price reduction.

The F1 Rim for me is something Im not sure I want but dont feel that compelled to get it. The price and lack of games that users can enjoy it on particulary the many owners of T500RS (like myself) who purchased the wheel for GT5 and console usage. Then their is the FACT as it replicates the F150 this will be out of date by March next year.

Additionally for some I think they are hanging waiting to see how Fanatec Formula wheel and the CSW compare to the T500RS in performance/price. Others are maybe more interested in the shifter as an extra.

While this rim looks nice outside of the Ferrari/F1 fan it just may struggle to achieve big sales.
Lacking the rev counter is also a big loss IMO.

The CSW is likely to set the benchmark, in build, features, performance and break away from the toy/reality market.

Lot of titles (not only F1 2011) are or will be perfect for this wheel: C.A.R.S, GameStockCar, rFactor, rFactor2, iRacing, Ayrton Senna Game, nKarPro, etc...

In addition possibility to have 29 functions directly on the wheel and to manage settings directly with the 2 rotary encoders are great for PC games 👍.

Yeah but my comment is aimed at console specific owners/players whom there are many. The CSW in all honesty would be very hardcore and likely unjustified expense for a person even like me that isnt really insterested in getting back into PC gaming.

Yet I do like or aim to play my console games in a "high end experience". What Fanatec need to do is offer a nice selection of CSR Elite wheel/rims. The FM4 standard one a F1 style and a Rally style or Nascar style.

Few console only gamers will spend the amount the CSW and additional rims will cost for just what would be PS3 console usage and lose out on many of the wheel features anyways.

I think the competition for the T500RS will come from the CSR Elite moreso than the CSW and whatever rims they do decide to offer while still maintaining X360 support.

I intend to spend that money some time next year ... Plus I intend to get into pc racing with all the games coming out.

Has anyone ordered the F1 add on from outside of their own countries? I am from the U.K and have ordered mine from Amazon.Fr and I wonder if the French wheel will work with a U.K base? I will not be able to cancel the order after midnight tomorrow. If anyone could set my mind at ease or save me some cash by answering this question I would be very grateful!:)

UNBOXING :dopey:

IMG_7095.jpg

IMG_7096.jpg

IMG_7097.jpg

IMG_7098.jpg

IMG_7101.jpg

IMG_7104.jpg

IMG_7105.jpg

IMG_7107.jpg

IMG_7109.jpg

IMG_7110.jpg

IMG_7111.jpg

IMG_7113.jpg

IMG_7114.jpg

IMG_7115.jpg

IMG_7116.jpg

IMG_7117.jpg

IMG_7118.jpg

IMG_7119.jpg

IMG_7120.jpg

IMG_7123.jpg

IMG_7124.jpg

IMG_7126.jpg

Oh yes, photos and lots of them. Nice visual comparison too, that's what I'm talking about.

Thanks for those...
Does look a bit weird with the two sets of shifters.

I see your GT rim is showing markings like mine,mmmmm.

Could you maybe do us a favour? (or anyone that owns one)

Unscrew the two screws holding the plate where the display should sit.
It sure looks like TM will release one for the hardcore audience but it could also just be screws for the whole front.

Back