New Thrustmaster F1 Wheel?

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 660 comments
I just completed my first race using the F1 rim (35 laps in Budapest, F1 2011) and I have to say: great. Yet, my thumb hurts a bit - I guess it's because of how I grasp the rim in combination with the rubber coating. Did anyone make similar experiences and did the rubber "rub in"? :)

Homemade Open-wheel rig :crazy:
(http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1837424.page)

hyper-t500rs013.jpg

hyper-t500rs012.jpg

hyper-t500rs009.jpg

hyper-t500rs004.jpg

hyper-t500rs003.jpg

hyper-t500rs002.jpg

hyper-t500rs001.jpg

hyper-t500rs011.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice rig. I'd have issues getting in and out with my old age. LoL ok not really but I'd imagine that would be the only draw back to this awesome.

Triple Moniotrs FTW

Has anyone been able to find the F1 rim in stock in the US? I've had it on back order for at least 2 weeks at Amazon and can't seem to find it anywhere else. I'm anxious to try it out.

Has anyone been able to find the F1 rim in stock in the US? I've had it on back order for at least 2 weeks at Amazon and can't seem to find it anywhere else. I'm anxious to try it out.

I don't know if they're delivering to the US but you could take a look at it. Bought mine there as well.

I've been looking and haven't been able to find the rim instock anywhere in the US.:grumpy: My wife is from Germany and just found it on amazon.de for $176 including delivery to US! :)They have it in stock and it should arrive by February 1st, probably sooner since her orders always arrive here quicker than they estimate.

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B005L0Z2BG/

If anyone in the US is interested but can't find the wheel, you can order it this way for cheaper than the US site is offering and not on backorder. Just login to amazon.de with your normal details and it will work.👍

mcfizzle
I've been looking and haven't been able to find the rim instock anywhere in the US.:grumpy: My wife is from Germany and just found it on amazon.de for $176 including delivery to US! :)They have it in stock and it should arrive by February 1st, probably sooner since her orders always arrive here quicker than they estimate.

http://www.amazon.de/Ferrari-Wheel-Add--Lenkrad-T500/dp/B005L0Z2BG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1326682829&sr=8-3

If anyone in the US is interested but can't find the wheel, you can order it this way for cheaper than the US site is offering and not on backorder. Just login to amazon.de with your normal details and it will work.👍

how sure are you that they will deliver to the US from the German site. The worst that can happen is that they cancel it. Going to give it a shot but need to translate the site.

hmm for $175 ima not sure if i wanna buy this

is it worth it guys? no rev indicator or shift lights and fake buttons kinda put me off...

anyone wanna convince me otherwise lol!

how sure are you that they will deliver to the US from the German site. The worst that can happen is that they cancel it. Going to give it a shot but need to translate the site.

Ordered it last night, hasn't shipped yet but it says processing. My wife receives stuff all the time from them without an issue so I don't see why this would be. But like you said, worst thing that can happen is they cancel. And it is Amazon after, not an unknown company to us. As for translation, the website is layed out just like the US one, but you also need to be comfortable with what you are doing. If you already have an account you shouldn't need to enter credit card info. Good luck.👍

hmm for $175 ima not sure if i wanna buy this

is it worth it guys? no rev indicator or shift lights and fake buttons kinda put me off...

anyone wanna convince me otherwise lol!

It's worth the money, promised.

It shipped this morning from Germany with an expected delivery date of February 2nd. Much better than waiting for it to get in stock in the US.

I didnt order it, Chicken out. I am going to wait for US stock to be replenish. Its a good $50 dollars cheaper after shipping and everything from a US Version. You think warranty would be a problem?

I didnt order it, Chicken out. I am going to wait for US stock to be replenish. Its a good $50 dollars cheaper after shipping and everything from a US Version. You think warranty would be a problem?

Where have you seen it for $50 cheaper? I paid $175 with shipping and the MSRP is $199. I think it's a great deal and I will get it a lot sooner than waiting for it to come back in stock here, where it's been out for weeks now.

I'm not worried about the warranty, as Thrustmaster should cover it no matter where I purchased it, and if I do have issues I'll be in Germany in June.👍

Where have you seen it for $50 cheaper? I paid $175 with shipping and the MSRP is $199. I think it's a great deal and I will get it a lot sooner than waiting for it to come back in stock here, where it's been out for weeks now.

I'm not worried about the warranty, as Thrustmaster should cover it no matter where I purchased it, and if I do have issues I'll be in Germany in June.👍

Sorry i mean if I get it from German Amazon it would be cheaper.

Sorry i mean if I get it from German Amazon it would be cheaper.

Now that I reread it I see what you meant. My mistake. Obviously I would have prefered to order it from the US site, but it was right around Christmas the last time it was available and I grew tired of waiting. Hopefully it gets in stock soon so you can pick one up.

Wheel is now listed as unavailable on Amazon.com. I wonder if they sold out of pre-orders or something bigger? I guess I am only left with ordering from the German site. I should have been ordered it. 😠

My F1 rim arrived in the mail yesterday. After hearing people complain about it being plastic I was a little nervous but I'm actually very happy with it. It feels very quality, I only wish the center dials were real. Haven't had a chance to use it yet but hooked it up and it looks nice on the base.

My F1 rim arrived in the mail yesterday. After hearing people complain about it being plastic I was a little nervous but I'm actually very happy with it. It feels very quality, I only wish the center dials were real. Haven't had a chance to use it yet but hooked it up and it looks nice on the base.

I believe TM chose plastic as a material for a reason- and it's the same reason as Fanatec's- in that plastic is light. Lighter wheel means the FFB motor is more efficient. Of course, the other option is carbon-fibre/thermoplastic which is unobtainium for $200.

And yeah- I just ordered from Amazon.de- for CAD$179 including shipping, it's a steal.

Last edited:
Back