New Thrustmaster F1 Wheel?

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 660 comments
hampus_dh
Could you maybe do us a favour? (or anyone that owns one)

Unscrew the two screws holding the plate where the display should sit.
It sure looks like TM will release one for the hardcore audience but it could also just be screws for the whole front.

I already did and it is a metal sticker of half a millimeter did hold down with screws. I didn't pull it entirely off though, but the point where the FIA warning lights should be still didn't have room behind it.

Which F1 games do you play that support so much buttons and stuff? It certainly isn't anything from codemasters I reckon.

Nope all i play is iRacing and NKPro. The Williams FW31 in this case.

I´m not interested one bit in F1 2011, NFS, DIRT, GT5 because they are not sim enough for me.

I love F1 and it´s the only sport i follow 110% but please Bernie, next time don´t hire CodeFailers if you want an incredible game.

Could you maybe do us a favour? (or anyone that owns one)

Unscrew the two screws holding the plate where the display should sit.
It sure looks like TM will release one for the hardcore audience but it could also just be screws for the whole front.

hm.. just did that, n the plate don't seem can be removed, I also wish they had built-in rev-meter.. but no, those just screws holdin' the front plate :/

Installed the wheel yesterday and played for a few hours. Very snappy little wheel! Significant loss of rotational mass. So going from left to right quickly is much much easier then with the GT wheel. The force feedback does feel a tad more precise. Overall strength seams to be both softer yet ready to rip off your thumbs should you wreck. I avoided that at all costs.

Wish I didn't have to work today...

Just ran across this thread...OMG!...I have TM's F-16 metal HOTAS and of course its the bomb.
Thought my G-27 would be enough especially given the T500 price but with the F1 wheel..hard to put a price on that much realism and having in effect 2 types of wheel broadens its appeal.

Elwood74
Installed the wheel yesterday and played for a few hours. Very snappy little wheel! Significant loss of rotational mass. So going from left to right quickly is much much easier then with the GT wheel. The force feedback does feel a tad more precise. Overall strength seams to be both softer yet ready to rip off your thumbs should you wreck. I avoided that at all costs.

Wish I didn't have to work today...

What game did you tested it on?

GT5.

Did the Miata enduro this weekend and as great as it is, it just doesn't seem right to be using it with an 'otter. The GT wheel feels much more natural. In the F1 cars though...heaven.

I receive the Ferrari F1 Wheel addon package shipped by DHL today !

Let take a look of my unbox pics 👍

20111103_0eee3b7d8018502867d0zVZtItHij83Q.jpg

20111103_b5e477256d9e45d87ff9WW7HKGHza8EY.jpg

20111103_372026f28ac019cc318dlhmt4OoK6e5k.jpg

20111103_53928a32b9aab120d1a6vK4WvbB7JsPu.jpg

20111103_170e0166857a58196411kdYLWwUIo9jd.jpg

20111103_fce4521c287e028bb37cIWDU4YGqFvNG.jpg

20111103_00d38de2fc06e349afea3yhSIc02CeRC.jpg

20111103_cd2973c34dd09bec1697qcoUbZJtRISP.jpg

20111103_da621ebd72d2e54c2f4b2bXcj12h7yzV.jpg

20111103_ba21edf4de2560eca7b9GUzbS6Ge92SC.jpg

20111103_affd68ea10ab41641723dgGkvAa41PWC.jpg

20111103_02a92171a549b53fd65b4kQCmmyA3BgL.jpg

20111103_c5797582e031d773c14emII3kKA11Lu2.jpg

20111103_ab5a6d08fd5cd8fe3f22BxRaPErHZ5f9.jpg

Last edited:
People been using Roso wheels for quite awhile now. I've seen a modded T500RS using one. Granted, the Ferrari rims do have the LEDs but the Red Bull formula rims do not. So would be interesting to see someone build a cockpit using an SLI-PRO for the LED and this rim. I've seen plenty of Thrustmaster cockpits with that setup already however they normally use the GT rim

Btw awesome vid above and pics!

Last edited:
People been using Roso wheels for quite awhile now. I've seen a modded T500RS using one. Granted, the Ferrari rims do have the LEDs but the Red Bull formula rims do not. So would be interesting to see someone build a cockpit using an SLI-PRO for the LED and this rim. I've seen plenty of Thrustmaster cockpits with that setup already however they normally use the GT rim

Btw awesome vid above and pics!
Well i recieved my f1 rim about a week ago, and ive allready riped out all the cheap false dails, from in and around the centre, and made a plate up for it from alloy
drilled all the holes for the buttons, removed the horrible thrustmaster name plate were the LED rev counter should be and made a plate up for that
So, Now im just waiting to see like you if someome can incorporate the SLI-PRO
Also hoping thrustmaster will bring an updated f1 wheel out, with the led lights

Last edited:
Sounds like this will be a very cool project keep us posted. 👍

Funny you really did get rid of the fake buttons and name plate. At the iRacing forums they were discussing modifying the rim as well and tossing an SLI-PRO in there. I'll update this thread if that goes anywhere

ok, as soon i can get hold of my daughters camera, i will

here ya go, its a bit dusty,
My next project is to to Carbon fibre it, ...
Regards
Josh

I believe they make a type of carbon fiber contact paper. In case you're just trying to achieve a certain look.

I believe they make a type of carbon fiber contact paper. In case you're just trying to achieve a certain look.
ive try'd the stickie carbon papper, its nice, but it doesnt quit look right.
Does anybody no if theres any sites out there that do different types of buttons switches?

Yeah, the cf vinyl lacks the 3d effect if the real deal. A few.coats of clearcoat helps with this though. Still doesnt give the full effect, but helps.

Caz
Yeah, the cf vinyl lacks the 3d effect if the real deal. A few.coats of clearcoat helps with this though. Still doesnt give the full effect, but helps.
Plus the vinyl is to hard to rap round the edges, and if you cut it to the edges of the plate, somehow it doesnt look right

Can't say I like the look of motion rigs that look like that... the screens need to move otherwiswe its plain ridiculous imo...

Last edited:
Agree 100% the screens need to be moving as well. Ideally on a completely different set of pistons with a slightly different ratio of movement than your seat/wheel.

@Wildrun, ok the f1 integral rim looks so hot on my favorite car there 👍

edit: I agree bout the screens should move to perhaps.

Last edited:
Back