New Thrustmaster F1 Wheel?

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 660 comments
Wow that wheel looks sick :bowdown:

I don't want to spend that much though haha. I'm willing to accept some cheaper parts and loose the rev meter

Here is the REAL 2011 Ferrari 150° Italia Steering Wheel replica.
8x6F9.jpg

$2,230 Gadget Review

The Thrustmaster version doesnt seem to have the carbon effect.

Oh what is it with you Texan's and this "Vapourware" term?
To you then its vapourware, yet to most others its a first viewing of a new Ferrari/Thrustmaster Wheel/Accessory. A collaboration that has been expected and hinted at in the past.

The fact that it has been shown, manufactured and working behind doors to select people. Used on their T500RS product for 2x Platforms the wheel supports. I think that is more than enough evidence to assume at this time this is a new product that will be hitting the market for the T500RS and as linked or said by others also as a new packaged Thrustmaster wheel and pedals.

Wait- I never called this new rim "vapourware" I've been scouring the internet to see where I can order this

Or the LCD lights but who cares :P

www.wheelreviews.yolasite.com/thrustmaster for all the latest news :D

"In My opinion the T500 is a big waste of money... after playing on it I found it to have great force Feedback but it is only on a par with that of a Fanatec and for an extra £200 I don't think its worh it. The pedals are good but only as good as a G27 and not in the same league as the clubsports"

With reviews like this, no thanks...

Waste of money? Only on Par with a Fanatec, really? Isnt worth the extra? Pedals only as good as G27, seriously?
Cant quite agree with those comments at all.

anyone know if they plan on making a 458 italia wheel? i want one badly

So am I !!! But there is already a 458 wheel with 360 compatibility and no feedback :(

I am looking for a hight end t500rs compatible 458 wheel...

Err Sandboxgod, what is vapourware if not the product my advice?

How can advice be vapourware and Im not posting advice Im posting what clearly are images and information of factual things that have been shown or announced. Please give it a rest.

Do you have a problem understanding the idea of a product being shown pre launch or prior to official announcement? It seems thats what this has been and all indications while indeed not confirmed are that it should be appearing and be announced in good time.

Hey amf7 you should add more detail about the T500 rs. So far all you wrote was this paragraph

T500 RS review
August 19, 2011
In My opinion the T500 is a big waste of money... after playing on it I found it to have great force Feedback but it is only on a par with that of a Fanatec and for an extra £200 I don't think its worh it.
The pedals are good but only as good as a G27 and not in the same league as the clubsports.

That reads more like a twitter statement almost or short blog post. Also, I'd just toss the link to your site in your profile. That way every time you post it is always there.

This is actually a crosspost from the T500 RS forum, but I'd thought it might come even more in handy in the discussion here:

The Ferrari F1 upgrade wheel prices are known!!!
They sell for around 100 to 150 euros including tax in the Netherlands!

http://www.centralpoint.nl/onbekend...l-upgrade-for-t500-rs-art-4160571-num-768569/
http://www.ictgoedkopen.nl/p/thrust...4160571/ferrari_f1_wheel_upgrade_for_t500_rs/

The TH8 RS shifter:

http://www.centralpoint.nl/gaming-c...ersnellingsbak-ps3-pc-art-4160579-num-766300/
http://www.ictgoedkopen.nl/p/thrustmaster/wimperkrullers/4160579/th8_rs_shifter/

Lowest price Netherlands T500 RS wheel (new), and this stays up-to-date btw:

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/279117/thrustmaster-t500-rs-zwart-pc-playstation-3.html

Now I have two things to buy at the end of the month, a shifter (for GT5 and so on) and a wheel so I can play F1 2011 :P

Last edited:
Hey amf7 you should add more detail about the T500 rs. So far all you wrote was this paragraph

That reads more like a twitter statement almost or short blog post. Also, I'd just toss the link to your site in your profile. That way every time you post it is always there.

Yep However this changes things for me...

"In My opinion the T500 is a big waste of money... after playing on it I found it to have great force Feedback but it is only on a par with that of a Fanatec and for an extra £200 I don't think its worh it. The pedals are good but only as good as a G27 and not in the same league as the clubsports"

Waste of money? Only on Par with a Fanatec, really? Isnt worth the extra? Pedals only as good as G27, seriously?

and i am gonna Add more to that review now so dont worry :)

http://wheelreviews.yolasite.com/thrustmaster/t500-rs-review

Updated.... basically what i currently do is find the best reviews around then use them. The reason for this is my site only get 1K visitors a day which is not big enough for most companies to risk sending me their review kits.
So i try them at game shows UK only and gadget show live stuff like that. Soon I hope the big companies start sending me wheels but until then we have to make do i am afraid :( however i have spoke to jordan (owner of GTP) about weather he would allow me to be say a GTP hardware reviewer were i post on this forum and my site... hopefully we can do something like that.. I am also bombarding the companies so hopefully soon they will help me out...

Adam

That's quite a bit better. I've never tried the Fanatec GT3rs / CSPs so can't argue about those points. That GT3rs + CSP combo at $320 does seem like a very good deal and from what I've read the Fanatec CSPs are #1 in the price range I don't doubt that.

Still hoping TM will release some better brakes perhaps. I'm really not in the market for better brakes atm though.

I actually wish TM would take that low end xbox 360 wheel they just announced and allow existing t500rs owners to use our brakes with it. I can live w/o ffb but I'm not excited bout the toy like brakes.

But I can see the logic of your review. TM is finally indeed utilizing the extendable wheel base. PC sim racers have been doing it already for quite sometime but I was never sure if the buttons were fully functional when they put the modded wheels on. But I believe Owen says a modder told him they do work which is very cool

Edit -> Btw amf7 you had some minor spelling errors in that review. I'll see if I can PM you a revised one

quick edit #2: Also now to think of it make sure you apply to be a beta tester for Fanatec's new wheels. See that thread crispy is running for info on the beta test program. That should help you out

Mr Latte

Funny my buddy has the orange Fanatec wheel and CSP pedals. He used the T500 and said it felt so much more real. He was ready to sell his and buy a T500. Told him to wait till fall/winter and see what comes out.

He even said the pedals were more precise. However he was partial to his.

Funny my buddy has the orange Fanatec wheel and CSP pedals. He used the T500 and said it felt so much more real. He was ready to sell his and buy a T500. Told him to wait till fall/winter and see what comes out.

Their is no comparison in terms of pedals IMO the clubsports wipe the floor
also read the updated review everyone http://wheelreviews.yolasite.com/thrustmaster/t500-rs-review

and does your mate use a PC as the difference on their is massive but on a console the feeling is similar

Technically, the t500rs pedals offer more precision than the Fanatec CSPs on the console. That's just technically. I believe CSPs on the console only go up to 256 while the T500rs brakes offer full, consistent precision on all platforms

One of these days I might get some CSPs. I'm just curious what the readout will be in DInput app. This way I can firmly test the precision myself

CSPs get much more precise when plugged in directly via USB. This is why I find some of Fanatec's hardware quite strange. I wonder why not let console users plug in their brakes via USB? TM is allowing that with their shifters.

I tried both and wasn't all that impressed with the CSP's however to be fair I'd need a few hours to get comfy and then do a 60 min race. At which point I could make a fair assessment.

Going from one pedal to the next with little time is not a fair.

It similar to learning the comfort zone of racing another vehicle. You just don't jump and go full out. You need to learn characteristics of the new.

But to claim whip the floor with them seems pretty biased opinion.

Note what forum your on. This is a GT5 console forum. So no we don't use PC. We real racers having fun. ;)

Personally I'd put more weight into Owens opinions on this personally. I've raced with him online once and gotten smoked :grumpy:

(It was that FIA event Jav was running way back when I think I have improved a little since lol)

Last edited:

hey just so you know its not mr latte saying that bad stuff about the t500, i thought it was when looking at the quote, kinda misleading.

If thrustmaster make a load sensitive brake sensor, then they will on par with Fanatec...

When I discover the t500RS, I was impressed by the wheel power, the wheel precision, but less by pedals...

Now Fanatec come with an ("on the paper") impressive new wheel base : twice as much power than the t500rs, a different approach on the way the steering angle is computed... Will these wheels be as good, better than the T500Rs ? Nobody knows... but I will be very surprised if not, because Fanatec clearly design them to be the best wheels on the market, and the most future proof when speaking about the clubsport one (steady paddles extensions, a lot of slots for unannounced add-on)...

I am hardly waiting for reviews now, I know that the t500rs is a great wheel, very fast, very powerfull, very precise. If Fanatec does as well with the CSR Elite a the Clubsport wheel, then I will go for a Fanatec wheel because of the clubsport pedals...

What do you think ?

I dont think the CSW is twice as powerful and it sure doesn't look it in the videos. People are noticing this more and more.

Now what it does bring to the table is that sexy Quick Release. That is a modder's wet dream. It also looks very elegant and high quality. That CSW is sexy no matter what.

He should let the user adjust the wheel spin speed. They have a dial right on the wheel and a DRIFT setting. What the heck does Drift setting mean on current Fanatec wheels? You guys know more about this.

That CSR Elite though is a missed opportunity at a god like wheel. It would've been a must buy for me if it had the features the CSW has. See Mr Latte's feature comparison in the Fanatec CSW thread.

(I have a t500rs already so I was in the market for an equivalent wheel for xbox)

@sandboxgod

Thrustmaster has one (not sure about it) 65W motor. CSW has 2 (according to fanatecwheel.com 120W combined).
Drift setting allows to countersteer your wheel more easily, makes the wheel lighter and therefore faster.

Could it be possible one motor is used for FFB and the other for vibration? I am looking forward to watching ISR demo the wheel on a sim with great physics/FFB like iRacing. I know personally I wouldn't dare turn up iRacing to 100%. I don't think anyone does.

So far they just been showing this wheel on FM 4 which won't impress anyone in that area.

But people can already tell it looks elegant and will run extremely smooth

I see... Well then I am truly baffled why you'd need two motors to power FFB. Maybe it takes two of those motors to get somewhere in the range of the T500rs? Because I cant see very strong FFB in those videos. But alas, I wont hold that against them.

I await ISR to set the record straight. Unfortunately Fanatec made sure to buy off their main reviewer, Darrin. :grumpy:

Let us hope Tom Haake and Shaun Cole will be enough

Back