New Thrustmaster F1 Wheel?

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 660 comments
F1 due next week, Forza 4 around 5 weeks.
Unless I've missed something both dedicated wheels won't be available on release of their respective games.

Bit of a shambles really.
actually the fanatec CSR standard wheel will be ready in the US for definite not 100% about EU

and the talk is the thrustmaster rim will be out for the 23rd :P

I think the Formula Rim" is going to be quite a bit more expensive as it has lots of potential in its hardware/configuration and of course craftmanship.

I thought tomas confirmed that price TBH? at 150 on release

on www.911wheel.de it says 599 with rim or 450 without also on my site http://wheelreviews.yolasite.com/fanatec.php

Last edited by a moderator:
You can check but my memory says wheel rims were announced to start from 150 - 300 Euro

He said in his CSW and F1 rim introduction video 150 for a wheel rim while showing F1 rim and also says that there will be other wheel rims in the future and their price will be between 150-300.

amf7
actually the fanatec CSR standard wheel will be ready in the US for definite not 100% about EU

and the talk is the thrustmaster rim will be out for the 23rd :P

The standard wheel, is that the Forza branded one?

Pretty quick then, not bad.
I would hate to be sweating on a wheel delivery with the game in my hand.

Okay best to chat about the Fanatec stuff in the appropriate thread not this one.

However before finishing I would assume the 600 price including rim is for the GT rim which we should get more info about this week or soon after.

You can check but my memory says wheel rims were announced to start from 150 - 300 Euro

For the rim - but how much for the unit itself? I actually don't know the correct term but uh...well...you know, the unit you plug the wheel into. :D

The thought had crossed my mind that not all the buttons would be used on PS3. For them not to even work on PC is a bit meh. Some on here were quick to assume otherwise and expect this to blow away the Fanatec. As for this being the same price as the Fanatec "Formula Rim" when did they say it was the same kind of price?"

What Thomas did say was that rims would start at 150 and go upto 300. Just dont be surprised if you find that the Fanatec "Formula Rim" is more than 150 guys.

Bad form this post considering just awhile ago you called it "vapourware" altogether

600 inc. rim for fanatec...
and thrustmaster unconfirmed but gotta be less than 515 if not u can buy it all seperately for that price.

Well, 600,- would still be a price I'd be willing to pay. Anything more than that, unlikely. I guess we have to wait and see, for reviews and posts on here. :)

Bad form this post considering just awhile ago you called it "vapourware" altogether

Please would you start and read posts more carefully.
Your starting to become annoying as your totally wrong on this. :ouch:

I DIDNT call this "vapourware" at all geees man if anything the opposite!

I joked at some on these forums that have done so with the shifter and even this thread at the start had doubters that this "F150 Intergral Rim" wasnt real. If anything I was trying to prove earlier on that this was real and that additional Ferrari/Wheel was likely. Hell I even linked photos and a video of how the rim easily is exchangable.

(If you want to argue or try to start something please do so via PM were you are welcome to put across your points)

Last edited:
I think a lot of you are missing the point on pricing here, the T500 F1 Integral, or whatever it will be called, is going to be the same price as the normal T500, and will still come with pedals. The CSW price with pseudo-F1 wheel is going to be at least that much -without- pedals, if not more depending on how much the F1 wheel is.

While the Fanatec CSW Formula rim is made out of brushed anodized metal

From at least two of the photos I saw of the new TM F1 wheel, it seems to be at least partly made out of brushed anodized aluminum, similar to that of their GT5 wheel rim. Around the face of the wheel it has that same grainy texture you can see when light reflects off of it a certain way.

Some would love for it to be plastic though, because that would make our buying decision so much easier. I too have my eye on the Fanatec F1 wheel rim. I don't need another PS3/PC only wheel though, so I'm hoping ""Mr.T"" can stir up some trouble over at Fanatec and get them to deliver the goods for the Elite.

I think you are right. The first pics didn't do any favor to the materials, but when looking at this pic from Ere Numérique : http://v6.erenumerique.fr/articles/1144/DSC_0098.jpg , we can clearly see the brushed effect on what very might be a metal surface.

Your quote makes me look like I was spitting on the TM F1 ; it's a misunderstanding. I was reacting to a comment. Even if I still think the Fanatec one is using more quality materials and craftmanship (once again, from what I've seen so far), my original point was to say that a quality open wheeler/formula sober wheel (the Fanatec Formula rim) does not look like a toy compared to a F1 wheel which already looks like a gamepad. In other words, it is not because a wheel is not a replica that it is toyish.

What will be interesting is the wheel wars using this F1 rim with the T500RS and comparing it to the CSW with "Formula Rim". Thats of course for both PC & PS3 platforms.

One query of interest I have is will/how much the enjoyment or experience particularly on the PS3 may differ from each wheel/rim?
Note "Formula Rim" is not to my knowledge associated as an "F1" product probably due to licenscing.

Just curious why this didnt get merged into the t500 thread like the shifter thread did.
I mean, this is an add on to the wheel not a standalone product like the shifter.

Mr latte, are you sure the gt rim will be available.upon csw release. I thought it was the formula.rim only at release time for 600 package.

Honestly, whats everyones hang up all of a sudden with this wheel style?

Caz
Mr latte, are you sure the gt rim will be available.upon csw release. I thought it was the formula.rim only at release time for 600 package.

Yes, it will. This is a teaser pic of the GT rim:

Just check the source.

Source.

Last edited:
I have seen that teaser. Doesnt matter to me much as i have a fairly new gt2. Will get the csw eventually. But if the gt wheel is available at launch then that may just speed things up.

Ahh. So deflating to hear on ISR that the dials near the center of the F1 wheel are non-functional. :grumpy:

My thoughts exactly. I'd rather have just an F1 or TM logo in the middle of a piece of carbon for the same money as we have all the toy looking plastic fake knobs now. Fanatec wins :grumpy:

Ahh. So deflating to hear on ISR that the dials near the center of the F1 wheel are non-functional. :grumpy:

Certainly is a disappointment. Looks like the spent the money on the Ferrari licensing. Doesn't seem to be as high quality as the CSW.

I can't say i agree with everyones opinions on here personally... I live and breathe F1 and online racing so this wheel is perfect for me.... I am going to have to save up but this is perfect as my personal wheel :)

Certainly is a disappointment. Looks like the spent the money on the Ferrari licensing. Doesn't seem to be as high quality as the CSW.

Does anyone know exactly what does not work and what their function is?

I think TM have had the Ferrari license for a while, so I don't think that is relevant.

I still don't understand the quality comparisons people are making with the Fanatec when all we've seen is pictures. I'm really looking forward to some non biased people getting hold of both.

The T500 is now £385, so I guess we can expect a similar price for the F1 version. Isn't the Fanatec gonna be approaching double that? If so, it wants to be more than twice as good to seem good value.

The T500 is now £385, so I guess we can expect a similar price for the F1 version. Isn't the Fanatec gonna be approaching double that? If so, it wants to be more than twice as good to seem good value.

Not quite double, but yes it costs enough more. Most of the cost probably comes down to materials. Fanatec is all metal, aluminium in this case while T500 is mostly plastic if I'm not mistaking.

Not quite double, but yes it costs enough more. Most of the cost probably comes down to materials. Fanatec is all metal, aluminium in this case while T500 is mostly plastic if I'm not mistaking.

The FANATEC probably hasn't any pedals included, that adds up as well. :(

Back