New Thrustmaster F1 Wheel?

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 660 comments
There seems to be a great fascination with the F1 Wheel, I feel so left out because I no interest at all, can someone please help me understand why these things are all the rage suddenly??
I was actually disappointed that the Fanatec Elite wheel was not shown with a GT style wheel, I feel pretty silly :dunce:

Well I am a flight simulator man myself so I cant understand the hype either:dunce:... :idea:must be for people that like F1...:dopey:

I myself am not a big fan of open wheelers, but I can understand that the true fans appreciate these wheels. Even if I'm not a fan I can appreciate the general badassery of this wheel, it just looks awesome, I mean just look at all those switches and dials...

+1

i really don't like driving openwheelers, much prefer the GT cars. but this wheel does look awesome, and makes the Fanatec CSW look like a toy in comparison

anyway doubt i will get this wheel, but defo getting the shifter.

fingers crossed for a "quality" 458 wheel add-on to my t500rs

458wheel.jpg

ferrarigtwheel.jpg

Last edited:
150 for the wheel if you already have a T500RS (just swap it) and 600 for the whole package, like the T500RS.

Well IMZ, there are F1 fans out there which like these wheels. I myself am not a big fan of open wheelers, but I can understand that the true fans appreciate these wheels. Even if I'm not a fan I can appreciate the general badassery of this wheel, it just looks awesome, I mean just look at all those switches and dials...

I really like it but 600 is just...ahh...plus I don't know if the T500 would fit onto my PlaySeat. :scared:

Just hoping that the buttons are working - having some fancy buttons glued to the wheel would suck.

I really like it but 600 is just...ahh...plus I don't know if the T500 would fit onto my PlaySeat. :scared:

Just hoping that the buttons are working - having some fancy buttons glued to the wheel would suck.

Let me know if it does fit because I am looking into getting a cockpit that will fit with the thrustmaster. How is the seat in the Playseat? Which one do you have?

T500 does fit the playseats. they have some pictures on facebook.http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3.75163.177715455589531&type=1&closeTheater=1

that said the pedal angle looks too steep imo, may prefer to remove or flatten the pedal plate

Thanks for the info!!!

So much to choose from and now too much to choose from with the wheels :confused:

Somebody should come up with a business that rents the wheels, pedals, and cockpits just like games 💡 Anybody want to go into business :lol:

+1
i really don't like driving openwheelers, much prefer the GT cars. but this wheel does look awesome, and makes the Fanatec CSW look like a toy in comparison

CSW wheel looking like a toy ? Please take a closer look at the two wheels.

So I agree, the new TM F1 already looks awesome because it is a replica of the original licensed one, but there are lots of more realistic F1 wheel replicas out there, with clutch and shifter paddles, using high quality materials and fully functionning rev LEDs indicator. From what I've seen so far, this TM F1 wheel looks more plasticky and more toyish comparing to them.

While the Fanatec CSW Formula rim is made out of brushed anodized metal, has alcantara grips with two vibration motors inside, gear/rev-indicators, quick release system, built-in tuning menu, precise replaceable shifter paddles with good haptic feedback and adjustable angle/distance/travel. So yes it doesn't feature as many buttons as the TM F1, but as the name seems to implies, I see it like a standard formulas/open wheelers/Prototypes wheel rim, not a Formula 1 replica. I would rather stick with the CSW Formula rim for driving all those cars than this 2011 Ferrari F1 replica. I think that's part of the reason why Fanatec talked about an other Formula rim.

Pics of Formula Renault and Formula BMW wheels :

formula_bmw_gallery_002_gallery_image_large.jpg

world-series-by-renault.jpg

They don't seem to be aiming at the exact same goal and public.

Last edited:
Let me know if it does fit because I am looking into getting a cockpit that will fit with the thrustmaster. How is the seat in the Playseat? Which one do you have?

Alcantara. Seat itself is fine, my Driving Force GT is mounted to it. I'm playing Rugby, so yeah...I'm pretty big and tall. :P

This thrustmaster f1 wheel is the one that looks like a toy...haha who needs all that crap on the wheel?

f1 2011 & rfactor for starters is this post for real lmao

* I see you just barely got the fanatec gt2 which explains somethings...

Last edited:
This thrustmaster f1 wheel is the one that looks like a toy...haha who needs all that crap on the wheel?

1270693145305.jpg

Seriously? :rolleyes:

If it looks like a toy, then the real thing has to be a toy!

fernandoalonsoefelipema.jpg

Oh, and in case it's difficult for you to notice, they're holding both the real F1 car wheel and the Thrustmaster wheel addon for the T500RS (upper one).

And guess who needs all that "crap" on the wheel. F1 drivers.

Maybe Ferrari and TM should give Alonso and Massa one of these for practice because they are not doing so well this year :(

Yeh LOL :)

I think the Fanatec wheel will be made out of better materials and have a better finish than the thrustmaster but i am going to wear racing gloves so who cares 💡

A F1 rim don´t look ideal for the T500 fixed paddles.

Does anybody know where was this videos from people modding the paddle shifters to turn with the rim?.

A F1 rim don´t look ideal for the T500 fixed paddles.

Does anybody know where was this videos from people modding the paddle shifters to turn with the rim?.

If you look more closely in the picture, you see little metal pieces behind the rim. Those little pieces probably are paddle shifters on the rim itself.

Did one of you find some sort of reliable release date yet? :/

Even if we had one, it could be like the T500RS wheel taking a bit longer than the official/supposed release date. Id expect they would want it going out end September/October as F1 2011 would be released.

Even if we had one, it could be like the T500RS wheel taking a bit longer than the official/supposed release date. Id expect they would want it going out end September/October as F1 2011 would be released.

Thought so. Yet, might be better to wait for the Fanatec wheel and compare them, anyway. :) Cheers.

CSW wheel looking like a toy ? Please take a closer look at the two wheels.

So I agree, the new TM F1 already looks awesome because it is a replica of the original licensed one, but there are lots of more realistic F1 wheel replicas out there, with clutch and shifter paddles....

The new t500rs f1 rim has attached paddles. That would be beyond broken to have an f1 rim with stationary paddles :crazy:

The new t500rs f1 rim has attached paddles. That would beyond broken to have an f1 rim with stationary paddles :crazy:

Agreed 100%. Personally I prefer the paddles to be on the rim instead of stationary no matter what kind of wheel. I am not familiar with too many cars in real life that have paddles stationary. One reason why I am hoping that TM comes out with a wheel like the CSR Elite.

Latest Posts

Back