New Update Incoming on 27th of April

• Thread starter Coolsy101
  • 784 comments
But why is it so hard to give someone the role of a community manager?! Someone who puts out roadmaps or what they are working on. The slightest inside at least!

It's not that hard, but it's not hard to just wait either... knowing now won't change what we get or when we get it. I think it's a poor effort if people/individuals cannot manage their own expectations and have to be spoon fed everything by a community manager.

People these days have no patience for things that are outside of their control, I think it's a big problem in gaming and I think it's all part of the same problem as pre-orders and beta's, people think sooner is better irrespective of what impact that may have on objectivity.

Just my two cents.

It just sickens me how PD handles the community managment. It's pretty much non-existent... (I know, I've ranted about this a lot already)

But why is it so hard to give someone the role of a community manager?! Someone who puts out roadmaps or what they are working on. The slightest inside at least!
All we get is maintenance posts and one picture from Kaz. No words about working on the Penalty system, how the FIA races will be in the future or anything at all.
We pretty much only had some words if a players magazine keeps on asking Kaz about the future.

In germany we would say "Was für ein Armutszeugnis" but I dont know how to translate that properly :P

Absolutely agree with you. Also to this list you can add support nonexistence: to report a bug you need to cry about it on forums(including PSForums) and hope that somebody somehow maybe report it to PD. Even a small indie game studios have community managers and at last bug report form on their websites.
And the silence after last update without any information about future updates, races and etc are the great example of wrong and nonexistent community management.
It's not a problem of player's patience it is a problem of nonexistent communication with you consumer player base.

Last edited:
Finally, a release date... it's no teaser for what other cars are coming next (aside from the Supra which was teased ages ago), but it's definitely something.

Just a new Supra isn't going to reverse my decline in interest. Spa might. Deep Forest might. Grand Valley definitely could.

I've barely touched GTS since PS+ game me free Mad Max so I'll welcome anything that makes me want to play again...

View attachment 732134
Going to have to agree with you there. Didn’t get Mad Max but my general interest in GTS has declined significantly since launch. I’ll get on and do Blue Moon with the X-Bow to get my daily mileage and to stack some credits if or when new content does arrive. I’ve even let my PS+ membership lapse this month as I haven’t been playing any online games recently.

Going to have to agree with you there. Didn’t get Mad Max but my general interest in GTS has declined significantly since launch. I’ll get on and do Blue Moon with the X-Bow to get my daily mileage and to stack some credits if or when new content does arrive. I’ve even let my PS+ membership lapse this month as I haven’t been playing any online games recently.
Off topic, but you should download Mad Max. I had low expectations and almost didn't bother getting it because it was a huge download, but it's actually a great game - atmospheric with a mix of tasks and a really good sense of progression. The fighting's a bit repetitive at times, but I'm loving hooning around the wastelands taking out snipers and bringing down enemy camps! It's the only thing that's made my GTS mileage graph flatline.

Like a shortened Tsukuba you say? Feels like some people need a little more Tsukuba love around here!

Eh?

Given how few new tracks we get, why would anyone prioritise shorter versions of Tsukuba?

Remember this tweet?
FFC9234A-0519-48FE-B131-895E9418DACF.jpeg

This tweet seems to indicate that the April update is going to be a substantial one, as it’s referred to as THE April update. The tweet also featured the third gen Supra in a Scape, which clearly indicates that the new Supra will be featured in THE April update. We’re gonna get more than just the new Supra. We should be getting more info tomorrow with a possible tweet from Kaz saying “Update coming tomorrow”.

Remember this tweet?
View attachment 732142
This tweet seems to indicate that the April update is going to be a substantial one, as it’s referred to as THE April update. The tweet also featured the third gen Supra in a Scape, which clearly indicates that the new Supra will be featured in THE April update. We’re gonna get more than just the new Supra. We should be getting more info tomorrow with a possible tweet from Kaz saying “Update coming tomorrow”.
I hope you're right so bad

Well, any new contents from friday's update will be welcome addition for me. Barely touch GTS since I'm busy with Yakuza 0, Kiwami, 6, and Dad of War lol:P :lol:

I think we may have the first real FIA season too. They always announce the season calendar on fridays and Kaz said that the official season would start in april.

You'd think they'd give a bit more prior notice before the official 2018 season began, we're also yet to hear about the Digital Licence which rumour has it you need to compete.

I think Friday will be them making that public announcement along with the update. In Kaz fashion he'll claim they promised they'll start talking about FIA in April not starting :lol:

I don't expect anything other than the new racing Supra.

However, if anything else significant is being added, I think we will get a trailer for it sometime tomorrow along with a million screen dumps as that seems to be the trend previously for anything like that. So I wouldn't honestly expect to hear anything further till tomorrow at the earliest.

Just a new Supra isn't going to reverse my decline in interest. Spa might. Deep Forest might. Grand Valley definitely could.

I've barely touched GTS since PS+ game me free Mad Max so I'll welcome anything that makes me want to play again...

View attachment 732134
A surprise update could. If there is more to the update besides the Supra, maybe they won't announce it until after it releases? Suprise updates always get people excited and could help bring the number of people playing up.

Not trying to get anyones hope's up, but it is possible.

My opinion is that GTS is finalized.

The PD should focus on the next game of the franchise.

At most, GTS will have timid updates, one or two cars, one track, new feature for month, for example.

I would not be surprised if E3 GT7 is announced.

Last edited:
You'd think they'd give a bit more prior notice before the official 2018 season began, we're also yet to hear about the Digital Licence which rumour has it you need to compete.

I think Friday will be them making that public announcement along with the update. In Kaz fashion he'll claim they promised they'll start talking about FIA in April not starting :lol:

let me dream ;_;

That'd be the complete opposite of what Kaz has stated...
The game will be supported for at least two more years I guess. I doubt there will be another GT on PS4 since there is no real story to tell in racing games so they don't need another iteration each year. GTS 2.0 and maybe 3.0 could become a thing, GTS is not dead

My opinion is that GTS is finalized.

The PD should focus on the next game of the franchise.

At most, GTS will have timid updates, one or two cars, one track, new feature for month, for example.

I would not be surprised if E3 GT7 is announced.
Really? I’d be shocked if that were the case. The game is hardly 6 months old and since when has PD ever been fast about updating the public of their next game?

Latest Posts

Back