New update physics discussion

• Thread starter BLACK86
  • 224 comments
Thanks for the suggestions guys 👍 Here's where I am at so far ...

My Kingpin account has this problem with all the cars and no top end speed :dunce:
My GTP_Mr_P account has no issues at all and all cars have top end speed 👍

I only tested the Kingpin account last night and this morning and was ready to throw the towel in! but now after I just tested my GTP account and know for sure It's down to an account problem .. as long as one account works for now I am happy 👍
Thanks for the replies anyway guys :cheers: I will try to figure out what the issue is over the coming days.
Cheers
Ron.

Thanks for the suggestions guys 👍 Here's where I am at so far ...

My Kingpin account has this problem with all the cars and no top end speed :dunce:
My GTP_Mr_P account has no issues at all and all cars have top end speed 👍

I only tested the Kingpin account last night and this morning and was ready to throw the towel in! but now after I just tested my GTP account and know for sure It's down to an account problem .. as long as one account works for now I am happy 👍
Thanks for the replies anyway guys :cheers: I will try to figure out what the issue is over the coming days.
Cheers
Ron.
Interesting. It must be a corrupted save then, and I'm surprised that anything in the save game data could affect car performance like that.

Glad to hear that you got your issue sorted out. 👍

Interesting. It must be a corrupted save then, and I'm surprised that anything in the save game data could affect car performance like that.

Glad to hear that you got your issue sorted out. 👍

Cheers mate ;)

Yep came as a surprise to me also that a corruption on a save would still let you use the account and only hamper the cars performance? :crazy: the downfall was being passed flat out at the 130r by a pair of side by side Hearses haha :sly:

Talking about hearses .. check out this black beauty! Now thats Going out in style ;)

hearse1.jpg

more here ... http://www.burnhamautos.com/hearse.htm

:cheers:

Last edited:
... wait a minute. If it was to a corrupted save data, you could just copy that and you'd be ok again.
Have you tried that?

Sounds more like a problem with your account and like a serious BUG ?!:nervous:

After spending yet another day (yesterday) really getting to know the physics, I've found generally (in 800 Fuji at least) the key is now to be smooth and more important then ever to not overdrive the car (pad users usually struggle not to do so because of lack of accuracy with the sticks). Throttle and brake application must also be applied more smoothly then previously to avoid losing grip and shifting the cars weight around vigorously.

Triggers for brake and acceleration and stick steering are pretty essential to make the most of the pad I think, but that was true before the update.

RWD are indeed more prone to snap oversteer under full throttle than FWD cars, mainly because if you have the room and nerve to keep the throttle pinned with a FWD in this situation it will not send you backwards at all.

With driven front wheels, full throttle will always try and pull you straight, yes the car may 'snake around' a little, but the laws of physics are on your side. As long as the front wheels are pointed in the direction you want to go, then keeping the throttle open will not send you backwards.

The absolute worst thing you can do with a FWD car in this situation is actually back off the throttle, you will loose all load off the rear wheels (which as you are oversteering are already at the limit / over the limit of grip) and overload the fronts. When you are in a situation of oversteer the very last thing you want to do is add in a whole load more lift-off oversteer.

Over-steer correction in a FWD car requires differing techniques to a RWD, and as long as the front wheels are pointed in the direction you need to go, keeping the throttle open is exactly what you need to do.

Regards

Scaff

This is something I actually knew , but my problem was that I hit a pothole going into a turn, so when I hit the throttle, the back end of my car snapped into place then shot out in the other direction hit the grass and came right around. So, I guess my example does not really count. :indiff: Anyways, with my limited experience in FR (I have the most experience in an MR) when I hit the throttle wide open, the back end comes around. :scared:

I've just taken part in my first online races after the Spec III update... Great fun except for the ever present punters and a couple of other small points:

1. My car handling in the race bore no resemblance at all to the characteristics it showed in practise prior to racing. It was in fact 4 seconds a lap quicker in the race... OK.

2. I raced 4 races, one after another and the handling characteristics changed completely from race to race.

Has anyone else noticed this, or anything like it?

Last edited:
2. I raced 4 races, one after another and the handling characteristics changed completely from race to race.

I was out that yesterday (early evening Eastern time in US) and was definitely having more trouble than usual. Now that I think back about it, the only race which felt "right" was the one I hosted. I wonder if something in the connections (which seem laggier now than during Spec I or II) is causing erratic handling characteristics.

Then again, I could simply have been more tired than I thought. Even if I'm having a good racing day I'll turn to complete rubbish once I'm tired...

Last edited:
I also lose the mojo when I'm tired but it usually takes considerably more than 1 race...

1st race, lapping at ~2'01"
2nd race, struggling to get under 2'05"

Maybe my steering wheel is losing it...? Although my offline races and laptimes have been consistent which seems to indicate an online issue. Maybe its my connection.

Happened to me a lot, almost always... before Spec III though! 👍
... wait a minute. If it was to a corrupted save data, you could just copy that and you'd be ok again.
Have you tried that?

Sounds more like a problem with your account and like a serious BUG ?!:nervous:

Mr P ?

I start to think theres something serious wrong with all the different PS3 models... :odd:

Last edited:
speaking of the new update has anyone else noticed there is more than 3 trucks?
maybe a hint that there is some more cars coming soon, not official, just a thought as there is some more trucks which could mean more cars.

on the new intro, there is those trucks that the cars come out of, there is i think, think, 2 more trucks, i could be wrong, i have been on fifa 09 lately so im not to sure.

Yes your Smithy however it's possible they (the extra trucks) where just there as part of the scene. But it is also possible that your right, maybe there is two more car's coming shorty...if so then your probably the first to think about it. You very well could be on to something!:D...We can only hope.;)👍
Rusty*

Ahh you see you've hit on the one major flaw that Enthusia had. Its FWD physics, they seemed to have no understanding of the concept of understeer. Great physics for RWD, AWD and MR, but not so for FWD.

You could, as you say, end up with power-on oversteer in some FWD cars, but my favourite was the ability to launch FWD cars from a stand, with full throttle and not a peep of wheel spin.Scaff

I 'd like to beleive it was Enthusia's way of making FR cars more fun by exaggerating the oversteer:sly:, but your right about the launch characteristics, although no one (GT5P included) can touch Forza 2 launch and low speed physics yet.:grumpy:

Back