New videos from the Nürburgring (Read the 1st post!)

• Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 714 comments
Germany
Bonn
GTAce

I will update this post with every new video posted in this thread.
Before you post a new video, please make sure it isn't already listed here.

[YOUTUBEHD]q3kV1YJtLoA[/YOUTUBEHD]

(...)
[YOUTUBEHD]VFkfq8eXtpM[/YOUTUBEHD]
[YOUTUBEHD]g7qMABV9S1Y[/YOUTUBEHD]

New video from german site Play3.de:
[YOUTUBEHD]OY93-kRD7Nc[/YOUTUBEHD]

New vid
[YOUTUBEHD]5NVxGjqNrEE[/YOUTUBEHD]

And the second one from Play3.de, this time the GP course:

[YOUTUBEHD]WU8I2AaBsCk[/YOUTUBEHD]

New video with different views:

[YOUTUBEHD]bKAtNKJKOZQ[/YOUTUBEHD]

[YOUTUBEHD]nZJ9Tg4_5eM[/YOUTUBEHD]

[YOUTUBEHD]C0zO41mr9-I&playnext_from=TL&videos=nDoSV8HpC_Y&feature=sub[/YOUTUBEHD]

Looks awesome!

Sorry if the video already is posted

ZR1 on Nurb GP course yey!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnfd64YAFqw

[YOUTUBEHD]rnfd64YAFqw[/YOUTUBEHD]

[YOUTUBEHD]rvGUYNOXOPs[/YOUTUBEHD]

New video from mimaximax:

GT5 Nür 2010 Demo - Nordschleife - SLS AMG cockpit

[youtubehd]tkenSVbJ00s[/youtubehd]

Last edited:
Yeah what's with the sparks? I have never once seen sparks like that come from anything bar a huge crash with lots of grindage involved. This game just went from simulator to arcade, what a shame.:grumpy:

Well have a look at this V8 Supercar crash compilation, not one crash had sparks flying except for one which appeared to have parts of the under carriage or brake rotors grinding on the bitumen.

Crash sparks like that are far from realistic.

Well have a look at this V8 Supercar crash compilation, not one crash had sparks flying except for one which appeared to have parts of the under carriage or brake rotors grinding on the bitumen.

Crash sparks like that are far from realistic.

I'd agree with you on that.

It would be more realistic if it the sparks fly when he hits the metal railing (difference in speed is much greater)

Looks great, love the new atmosphere of the Nordschliefe, I assume it will only be like that in the 24hr config.

What the hell? Is GT5 turning into NFS Carbon? Someone please tell PD to get rid of those unrealistic sparks:crazy:

Jay
Looks great, love the new atmosphere of the Nordschliefe, I assume it will only be like that in the 24hr config.

I hope so actually, it would look stupid on the "tourist" version.

@Paulie: Even if the sparks are a bit overdone, this won't make the game an Arcade racer.

EDIT: Wow, overreacting much? I think it's a good effect for crashes with cars, without damage modeling.

What the hell? Is GT5 turning into NFS Carbon? Someone please tell PD to get rid of those unrealistic sparks:crazy:

Why are you so pissed? I think it looks great, even if it's not 100% realistic ...it doesn't affect gameplay, so I don't mind.

I hope so actually, it would look stupid on the "tourist" version.

Yeah same, I don't want to be doing my hot laps on a giant camp site version of the Nordschliefe, although it would be nice to have the version for actual races or atleast optional (Talking about just Nordschliefe not the combo).

As for the sparks, yes it is overdone on car to car contact like that, would be nice to see it when you ricochet off gaurd rails though. It wont bother me though even if it stays as it is.

Here's the difference
diff.jpg

Last edited:
Alright, in the next 48 hours there should definately be some more vids uploaded to youtube and where not.

Damn, that's a huge improvement in terms of appearance. The Ring already looked good before but this build looks about ten times better. Better grass, better backdrops, better lighting, better textures too (note the pavement after he spins).

The bumper of the nissan is hanging loose too at the end?
Btw yes the sparks are a little overdone,
but I don't mind...
Indeed it should be more realistic when grinding a wall, not between to cars.

and yes the Ring looks AMAZING!

Last edited:
I think the campsites and spectators look absolutely, gob-smackingly incredible to be perfectly honest, all that colour at the side is really going to add to the sensation of speed. :)

It does look great. I think they've changed the third person view to appeal more to arcade racers (those who would be used to that POV) and from what I've seen, the interior view is still pretty damn realistic, just as it should be. Really though, what kind of hardcore sim racer uses the chase view?

EDIT: Two new videos, with some hot menu action as well.
And something else you have to consider: in my opinion, this looks more like an arcade racer because it is most likely running on ARCADE (or amateur) physics. It explains everything except for the sparks, which i think is quite nice actually since they can't smash up the cars ultra-realistically.
[YOUTUBEHD]VFkfq8eXtpM[/YOUTUBEHD]
[YOUTUBEHD]g7qMABV9S1Y[/YOUTUBEHD]

Last edited:
man u guys always complaining stfuuu it looks great

We will never be happy!!! Kaz knows that..

just to add to it, I rather see tire marks rather the excessive sparks.. By the way there are no sparks from under the car :(

Really though, what kind of hardcore sim racer uses the chase view?

I do. It's always been more fun to use for me since you get to see the car and also where exactly it is. Ever since cockpit view was introduced though I've been using that a fair bit. Maybe around 50/50 or 60/40 between the two now.

Back