New videos from the Nürburgring (Read the 1st post!)

  • Thread starter Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 714 comments
  • 74,049 views
nice, is that a bonnet view? 👍
 
At the beginning of the second video you can see that the setting layout has changed a little bit, I like that!
 
Last edited:
It does look great. I think they've changed the third person view to appeal more to arcade racers (those who would be used to that POV) and from what I've seen, the interior view is still pretty damn realistic, just as it should be. Really though, what kind of hardcore sim racer uses the chase view?

EDIT: Two new videos, with some hot menu action as well.
And something else you have to consider: in my opinion, this looks more like an arcade racer because it is most likely running on ARCADE (or amateur) physics. It explains everything except for the sparks, which i think is quite nice actually since they can't smash up the cars ultra-realistically.

In the 1st video you can see the physics are on professional
 
The sense of speed looks improved !!
 
I do. It's always been more fun to use for me since you get to see the car and also where exactly it is. Ever since cockpit view was introduced though I've been using that a fair bit. Maybe around 50/50 or 60/40 between the two now.

That's interesting, I guess I've just never met anyone who does. I find that I can't "connect" with the car, especially with the dynamic camera. With arcade physics it's different, but in a sim like GT, it seems almost like it's behind, like I move the wheel (or the analog stick) and the car responds a second later. This = disaster trying to correct slip.


In the 1st video you can see the physics are on professional
On that video, he has to slow down more for turns than the others. should've specified more, it's not the first video. i think the others re on arcade, though.
 
This confirms the camping stands are only in the 24h version?;)
 
Sense of speed 👍

No spectators at the normal Nordschleife 👍

Graphics 👍

Sound 👍

AMAZING 👍:drool::dopey::crazy:


Sparks... 👎 Better than nothing though, would look alright in cockpit view. Replays could be pretty dodgy
 
What car is it on the first video ?
 
I really hope they will do at least the closest trees to some better quality, those 2D cardboard trees are even more apparent now...

...but there are tons of them and from further view those enlightened and darkened areas of forest caused by sun and clouds look fantastic as well as camps, spectators, new part of the track and somewhat improved lightning without washed out overbrightened areas, even rear brake lights looks improved in their look. Physics looks somewhat dumb though.
 
Is that the HOOD view or a ROOF view. I remember GT4 and ROOF view, some cars were so low it look like a hood view almost.. Just making sure everyone sees a hood view?
 
Is that the HOOD view or a ROOF view. I remember GT4 and ROOF view, some cars were so low it look like a hood view almost.. Just making sure everyone sees a hood view?
It looked like a hood veiw to me.
 
They state on their website that they will deliver a video of a complete round in cockpit view sometime this afternoon.
 
They state on their website that they will deliver a video of a complete round in cockpit view sometime this afternoon.
Who does, on which website? Link?
 
diff.jpg

The cluster of 6 dials appears to have the same reading on all of these pictures, the resolution isn't high enough to be able to figure out what they are all for but I do think that no matter what they are there should probably be a little bit of movement as you drive round the track.
 
Oh man, it's not the same layout that Stück did his BMW M3 GTR run on. :(

Plus, they didn't leave that last right hander before you reach the Nordschleife open, so I can't do a warmup lap on the GP circuit then do a hot lap on the whole thing like Stück.
 
The cluster of 6 dials appears to have the same reading on all of these pictures, the resolution isn't high enough to be able to figure out what they are all for but I do think that no matter what they are there should probably be a little bit of movement as you drive round the track.

Its a OLD build, so you never know what will work in GT5 or what will not.

In Prologue, The Speed, RPM, Boost, and Oil needles worked, I bet so will fuel needle. Sure it would be nice to have them ALL movie, but it just too much calculations for PS3 to handle, I would use that power for some other things like better damage or more AI cars. As long the main ones work, it will be cool. Something tells me GT game will not be perfect untill PS4 comes around with a lot of power.
 
Its a OLD build, so you never know what will work in GT5 or what will not.

In Prologue, The Speed, RPM, Boost, and Oil needles worked, I bet so will fuel needle. Sure it would be nice to have them ALL movie, but it just too much calculations for PS3 to handle, I would use that power for some other things like better damage or more AI cars. As long the main ones work, it will be cool. Something tells me GT game will not be perfect untill PS4 comes around with a lot of power.

I severely doubt it takes much processing power to calculate an algorithm like oil temp or fuel level.
 
Wow they really made improvements to the Ring.👍
 
Oh man, it's not the same layout that Stück did his BMW M3 GTR run on. :(

Plus, they didn't leave that last right hander before you reach the Nordschleife open, so I can't do a warmup lap on the GP circuit then do a hot lap on the whole thing like Stück.

What do you mean with "not the same layout"?
It's the 24h layout, with the cut Mercedes Arena and the motorcycle version of the NGK chicane. Btw. I think you mean Hans-Joachim "Stuck"
 
I severely doubt it takes much processing power to calculate an algorithm like oil temp or fuel level.

Of course, but I bet PD is squeezing about every lil power from the PS3, so making these lil changes do affect other things. PD mentioned it uses about 80% of PS3, they stated this I think last year, but who knows.
 
I watched the 24h race online and compared to GT5, the real course seems to be much wider.
 
I watched the 24h race online and compared to GT5, the real course seems to be much wider.

It just seems like that, when you compare the on-board footage it's spot on.
The bumper cam from GT5 "fakes" the width of the track a bit too (optical illusion).
 
I share the same opinion as you NoxNoctis Umbra apart from I don't think that there would be too many calculations for the PS3 to handle all that in car info. If you drive the Tuned Capuccino in Prologue, most of the small ancillary dials have some movement in them as you drive around which seems to correspond to the amount of throttle you have on.

The dials in the middle of that 370z are so huge they are almost obliged to work if you ask me, otherwise they don't need to be so "LOOK AT ME" in the middle of the dash.
 
Looks pretty good, actually like I'd expected. I like the sparks, too.
But, no backfire (or did I miss that)? Static camera?
I sure hope they change that for the full game, that would be kinda disappointing, especially that weird cam is very distracting. I like to drive in bumper cam as well, but the cam where you can see your car is what I always liked most in GT games...

Oh, well, just release the thing soon, Soony, ok? :dopey:
 
Sparks? are you guys seerious? Wow come on make it better...

The Demo looks great, nice Vid! Thanks!
 
Back