New videos from the Nürburgring (Read the 1st post!)

• Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 714 comments
I don't see how it 'fits' when it's a blotchy picture.

I'm saying you can't just say it's the Skyline sedan without a clearer picture. I've seen Supras from blitz with JUN front ends (with a grille opening between headlights). And the headlights on the picture just don't look like the Skyline sedan, i could be it, it's just hard to tell. I'd like for it to be another Blitz vehicle since it would add another car we haven't seen to GT5, but I'm still searching for that elusive picture.

I wonder if it's the same picture as on the PSP:
920775_20090901_790screen001.jpg

In the video, during the track selection part, it says "Premium" next to the Nurburgring. Does this mean a premium track is a new build for GT5 and a non premium (or standard) track is an HD version of a GT4 track?

I'm thinking it may have to do with being able to be played at night as well, or maybe having day/night cycle

Is someone still feeling unsure about how the Premium Car things goes on?

Well, I just posted this in two other threads, might as well post it here.. :nervous:

Now before I say what I'm about to say.. I would like to make it VERY CLEAR that I am NOT trying to start a bunch of arguements from saying this.. But in Mimaximax's most recent video, ALL the cars are premium, and going along with the assumption that production cars will have limited damage.. Why are all the cars in that demo premium?? Before seeing that I was on the side that thought ALL cars would have interior view... but now..

After watching that video I'm now starting to believe that it is 170 that will have interior view and that it had nothing to do with damage...

I really hope this is cleared up at E3! Here's hoping..

OOPS! Sorry for double post! I did not mean to do that!

Last edited:
Remember AMAR says: There will be 2 versions of the game.So...Normal/Premium?(with different content)

I don't know if PD and Sony would do that... I mean, witha all the pre-orders and everything, imagine how many people would have to (well want to really) go and change theire pre-order. It doesn't seem very likely to me.

You right, just guessing.One week, one week.All can happen, all can happen.Don't know it's good or bad, good or bad...(tired)

(PS: On pic from GT5 - it's BLITZ GT-R.Look at headlights)

Is someone still feeling unsure about how the Premium Car things goes on?
Nah. I rarely use the cockpit view, and regarding damage I'm happy to take whatever is thrown at me. I know that not all cars are going to be totally destructible, which is a shame, but that's all down to licensing issues with the brand owners.

After watching that video I'm now starting to believe that it is 170 that will have interior view and that it had nothing to do with damage...

Now you know that having only 170 vehicles with interiors would be unacceptable after all this time right? 🤬

It will be like watching an unmanned speeding train, with no hope of ever stopping....:nervous:

Premium better pertain to the damage models. :mad:

and I do not want to see GT4 assets and HD in the same sentence, we have waited far to long to here that 🤬.

4 to 5 years is more than enough time to use completely new assets, everyone else did it.

Just because you don't happen use it doesn't make the issue irrelevant. :sly: It's been five years, I think they've had more than enough time to model all the interiors by now! :lol:
Fair enough, you used an emoticon there, but where in my reply to the question did I say that the issue is irrelevant?! I simply stated that I'm not bothered because I don't use cockpit view.

E3 can't get here soon enough so that people start to chillax again!

Fair enough, you used an emoticon there, but where in my reply to the question did I say that the issue is irrelevant?! I simply stated that I'm not bothered because I don't use cockpit view.

E3 can't get here soon enough so that people start to chillax again!
Sorry, I didn't mean to put words in your mouth. :embarrassed: I'm just saying that there are many people who care greatly about the cockpit issue, yours truly included. ;)

There was a translation error, it wasn't 'interior VIEW' it was more like interior deforming/damage (ex. citroen rally car, subaru rally car, doors open). Why is this still debated?

There was a translation error, it wasn't 'interior VIEW' it was more like interior deforming/damage (ex. citroen rally car, subaru rally car, doors open). Why is this still debated?

I said that because the more extensive damage, and therefore the need of the interior modelling, is said to be only on race cars while production cars will only have paint scrapes and less deformation.

So what doesn't make sense to me is why all the production cars in that demo would be premiums..

Well, the more premium cars the merrier. If premium cars have the damage model, then those cars which are in the demo must be included.

Doesn't anyone ever listen? It was stated last year that there were 170+ premium cars which will have "both" interior and exterior damage. Interior is the premium stuff, since I think might pertain to racecars only as racecars themselves are more than likely liscenced through other channels and not through the original manufacturer. So PD more than likely got to include full interior/exterior damage, and full exterior damage(pieces falling off). You guys need to take it easy and relax, all car will have damage, just 170+ will sport full damage inside and out.

Doesn't anyone ever listen? It was stated last year that there were 170+ premium cars which will have "both" interior and exterior damage. Interior is the premium stuff, since I think might pertain to racecars only as racecars themselves are more than likely liscenced through other channels and not through the original manufacturer. So PD more than likely got to include full interior/exterior damage, and full exterior damage(pieces falling off). You guys need to take it easy and relax, all car will have damage, just 170+ will sport full damage inside and out.

Yes, I do listen.

And you even wrote what I wrote... I said that premium damage was said to only be on race cars, so I asked why all of the production cars in that demo were premium. Because it doesn't make sense when: race cars = "premium damage" and production cars = "standard damage"

Just noticed the new driver names - and there's two Jasons.

That's awesome. You know they're going to be the hardest to beat.

Yes, I do listen.

And you even wrote what I wrote... I said that premium damage was said to only be on race cars, so I asked why all of the production cars in that demo were premium. Because it doesn't make sense when: race cars = "premium damage" and production cars = "standard damage"

You didn't read it clearly. Premium means interior damage also, ALL cars have damage. Premium just means it has BOTH interior and exterior damage. This was what they said last year. Not sure why cars are listed as premium in the video, unless some production cars also have premium damage modeling. The best we can do is wait and see for more clarification. I'll stick with exterior damage for all cars, and both for premium cars.

Back