New videos from the Nürburgring (Read the 1st post!)

• Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 714 comments
SolidSnakex over at Neogaf spotted an unknown track in one of the clips. Anyone know what it might be?

unknowngt5track.jpg

I'd guess it's either Rome or Madrid. Definitely a street circuit. Another way of telling that it's European is the width (or therefore lack of) of the streets - they're quite skinny looking.

SolidSnakex over at Neogaf spotted an unknown track in one of the clips. Anyone know what it might be?

unknowngt5track.jpg

That screenshot looks utterly stunning. In my opinion, Polyphony's 2-dimensional trees ruin the photorealism of certain tracks, which would explain why this looks so incredible compared to other footage of Gran Turismo 5.

That screenshot looks utterly stunning. In my opinion, Polyphony's 2-dimensional trees ruin the photorealism of certain tracks, which would explain why this looks so incredible compared to other footage of Gran Turismo 5.

I am so glad for not having to share this opinion :lol:

Plus I can't really take this post seriously ...you are talking about photorealism in a picture where you can't see much more than about 9 (indeed photorealistic) cars driving on a simple street, but you want to say that those new, clearly photorealistic videos of the nurburgring are ruined because of the trees?

^looks like the Castrol Supra JGTC to me.

Also, there are 9(+) cars on track in the bigger picture, anyone else notice that? So far it's been said there were only 8 cars on track, why picture 9 if it's limited to 8? This seems to be more confirmation that in the end game there will be 16 players.

Look how big the front mouth area is in the 3rd picture, that doesn't look like a Skyline to me. More like a JGTC Supra or Super GT SC430.

^looks like the Castrol Supra JGTC to me.

Also, there are 9(+) cars on track in the bigger picture, anyone else notice that? So far it's been said there were only 8 cars on track, why picture 9 if it's limited to 8? This seems to be more confirmation that in the end game there will be 16 players.

Yes.

zod
in a picture where you can't see much more than about 9 (indeed photorealistic) cars driving

But: It should be confirmed for ages that there will be up to 16 cars on track, so that's nothing new :)
Although I don't know when exactly the announcement was.

Look how big the front mouth area is in the 3rd picture, that doesn't look like a Skyline to me. More like a JGTC Supra or Super GT SC430.

I read "Blitz" on the hood:

With "Single Race" and "Time Attack" being the first two options, I bet with you that it's the drift mode button.

If it does say Blits then explain the 3 projectors inside the headlights. In your bigger picture it's even more easy to see those are 'supra' headlights.

I don't see 3 projectors, I see two and a turn signal, I also haven't seen a Supra with a grill between the headlights so far. Anyway, it doesn't really matter, it clearly says Blitz on the hood, so it has to be a Blitz car and the body doesn't fit to a Super GT.

If it does say Blits then explain the 3 projectors inside the headlights. In your bigger picture it's even more easy to see those are 'supra' headlights.
Dude, it's the Blitz.

schermata20100608a01282.png

modp_0705_03+2007_d1gp_usa+blitz_nissan_skyline_r34_gtr.jpg

move on :D.

Last edited:
So Arcade mode looks like it consists of just Single Race, Time Trial, Drift Trial and Photo/garage mode.

I was hoping for some Arcade events :/

It's like GTPSP all over again.

So Arcade mode looks like it consists of just Single Race, Time Trial, Drift Trial and Photo/garage mode.

I was hoping for some Arcade events :/

It's like GTPSP all over again.
Will you ever understand that until the game is released anything can change?
Proof? The layout and options have changed 2 or 3 times since gamescom09.

What are "Arcade events" anyway?
The only "Arcade events" we had in the past were unlocking new cars and tracks one after the other...

Last edited:
In the video, during the track selection part, it says "Premium" next to the Nurburgring. Does this mean a premium track is a new build for GT5 and a non premium (or standard) track is an HD version of a GT4 track?

In the video, during the track selection part, it says "Premium" next to the Nurburgring. Does this mean a premium track is a new build for GT5 and a non premium (or standard) track is an HD version of a GT4 track?

Don't know, find out next tuesday.

First it was the cars, and now the tracks too? :scared: I guess we'll just have to wait and see...:dopey:

Really dig the new menu style, BTW 👍

Dude, it's the Blitz.

schermata20100608a01282.png

modp_0705_03+2007_d1gp_usa+blitz_nissan_skyline_r34_gtr.jpg

move on :D.

Blitz puts that livery on a lot of cars
blitz.jpg
turp_0807_22_z+blitz_toyota_supra+canards.jpg

so that doesn't mean it's the blitz drift skyline. It could be any blitz car. I never said that it WASN'T Drift, because the 1st pic I posted is another drift car

Last edited:
No, because the shape of the R35 doesn't fit, the one from the ER34 does.

EDIT: The Supra also doesn't fit.

Last edited:
Back