New videos from the Nürburgring (Read the 1st post!)

• Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 714 comments
Premium cars are those cars which have both interior and exterior damage modeling, that is all that means. All cars have visual damage in this game, I'm guessing that many of the race cars like Rally vehicles fall into premium since they can be damaged thoroughly and still be driveable. Premium courses, I have no idea what that actually means, unless you can damage the barriers on some courses, the one's that actually have barriers, like Nordschleife and other similar road part time race courses.

So from my understanding, maybe the "Premium" vehicles have interior damage. :confused:

Same here, this is exactly what I've got from all videos and explanations given so far. However, in my understanding, only racing cars would have interior damage, but since the ZR1 appeared as a "Premium" things just got more and more confusing.

Honestly, I really hope PD clear things up, answer the questions directly and state things clearly giving examples whenever is possible. It would be a shame to get out from the conference knowing as much as we do now, please don't go that way PD. ;)

Did any one noticed the "Start Type: Rolling start" message on the lower left before the race starts?
Could it means there are different types of start. :dopey:

I noticed that too- rolling start. Maybe there is an option to change it to standing start or grid start- just a guess, but it would make sense if it is an option since 'rolling start' was shown.

Q: What were they doing all these 5 years? .
A: They were making 1000 cars :) .
Q: Does AI matter to PD?
A: Apparently not and never been a priority in previous production games.
Q: Whats number one priority for GT5?
A: Making 1000 cars.

Who gives a fxxk about 1000 cars? with 700 of them being 70's and 80's and 90's piece of craps that 1% of millions of GT fans will drive?. While the other 300 cars has no reverse lights, they sound like vacuum cleaners and food blending machines like. Not to mention the stupid chase cam that blows the hole experience * is making a fixed chase cam hard too or will take another 1 year?

Bottom line for people like me who has 90% of priority going for accurate and real clear sounds is that only 10% percent of the 1000 cars will sound real like the Corvette Zo6.

The only thing this game is capable of is simulating. And my G25 ate dust long time ago. So please make it sooner than expected PD and give me ur 5 years old already crap game.

Last edited:

Who gives a fxxk about 1000 cars? with 700 of them being 70's and 80's and 90's piece of craps that 1% of millions of GT fans will drive?. While the other 300 cars has no reverse lights, they sound like vacuum cleaners and food blending machines like. Not to mention the stupid chase cam that blows the hole experience * is making a fixed chase cam hard too or will take another 1 year?

Bottom line for people like me who has 90% of priority going for accurate and real clear sounds is that only 10% percent of the 1000 cars will sound real like the Corvette Zo6.

The only thing this game is capable of is simulating. And my G25 ate dust long time ago. So please make it sooner than expected PD and give me ur 5 years old already crap game.

:scared::odd::confused::eek:👎

CoolStoryBro.jpg

....what :odd:

Because those "piece of craps" weren't what helped build cars today. o_O

So please make it sooner than expected PD and give me ur 5 years old already crap game.
So let me get this right - you are not happy with the game (what you've seen so far anyway), have branded it as "5 year old crap", yet you want them to get the game out sooner than expected... why? Surely you will not be buying it if you are so unhappy with the game? More the fool you then for buying something even though you think it's crap :rolleyes:

So let me get this right - you are not happy with the game (what you've seen so far anyway), have branded it as "5 year old crap", yet you want them to get the game out sooner than expected... why? Surely you will not be buying it if you are so unhappy with the game? More the fool you then for buying something even though you think it's crap :rolleyes:

You can say i lost my interests. I just want to mod an E60 M5 and see how it goes in the game. And yeah i want to enjoy my PS3 and my G25. I bought my PS3 late 2006 when it first came out, and i'v been waiting for GT5 ever since then. But the thing now is that i know that the game won't deliver my expectations. Dunno why they wasted their time on 3D and MOVE technology while they could have upgraded sounds all along.

You can say i lost my interests. I just want to mod an E60 M5 and see how it goes in the game. And yeah i want to enjoy my PS3 and my G25. I bought my PS3 late 2006 when it first came out, and i'v been waiting for GT5 ever since then. But the thing now is that i know that the game won't deliver my expectations. Dunno why they wasted their time on 3D and MOVE technology while they could have upgraded sounds all along.

Aren't you the kind of person that is always barking behind the latest,fastest and unaffordable supercars ?

Calling old cars "pieces of cr*p" due to their age is moronic .

I too bought into PS3 when it first came out, and have also had to wait ever since then. However, it's not like there were, and are, no other games to enjoy in the meantime. As for 3D, I agree, it's a complete waste of time, same for move probably depending on how they implement it.

If GT5 will not deliver on your expectations, whose fault is that, really? It's not PDs that's for sure. If you want to mod an E60 M5, one with a decent engine sound, go and buy a 360 and Forza 3 if GT5 doesn't meet your needs. I'm not saying that in a disparaging manner, just saying there are other options out there, but none will probably satistfy your thirst for perfection, because no game is going to to be tailor made to your requirements/expectations.

Looking stunning as always, but I'd have to agree regarding the cockpit. In fact, it's how I feel about almost all cockpit views (regardless of game) - always look cramped and restricted, purely because there is no peripheral vision and the cmera placement is not necessarily where I would like it. There are a few exceptions, but overall, hood cam FTW! ;)
Well to be fair I looked at a cockpit view of the Viper ACR in Youtube @ Leguna Seca and it looks pretty damn cramped in real life too.

Cockpit view in a lot of the cars in GT5P are fine though to be honest. Nissan GT-R and Amuse S2000 look great for example.

Well to be fair I looked at a cockpit view of the Viper ACR in Youtube @ Leguna Seca and it looks pretty damn cramped in real life too.

Cockpit view in a lot of the cars in GT5P are fine though to be honest. Nissan GT-R and Amuse S2000 look great for example.
It would look the same though - you have a camera's eye view in both cases. You just don't get the same field of view as though you were sat in a real car, which is where triple screen help somewhat. I just find too much of the screen taken up by stuff that's eye candy, but not really important, hence why I prefer hood or bumper cam.

In the last video that mimaximax made(SLS AMG video) i noticed the guy changing the color of the car before he raced, how come no one else have noticed this. this means you can change the color of your car before each race. this has been something that a lot of you wanted and yet no one seems to care to notice. please feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

Back