New Vision Gran Turismo concept car being unveiled on 25 October

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by sirjim73, Oct 19, 2019.

1. GBalao888

GBalao888

Maybe this Youtuber who we cannot speak of is disliked here.

SDSPOWER01 likes this.
  2. Loverson

Loverson

Can't say i'm too excited about Jaguar but hopefully it has variations and it is not just a gr.x car

3. Made Adhitya

Made Adhitya

Hhhmm new wheel heh? for GT7 heh? Lol

4. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

Can we make it a general rule that anybody who has the job title of 'Youtuber' is disliked as a matter of principal?

5. danimac

danimac

I’m not gonna lie, a bit disappointed that it’s been leaked as I was hopping to see it come the stream. But hey everything gets leaked these days. I indefinitely wasn’t expecting Jaguar. Hope we see some new content besides the Jag VGT. Also Fanatec instead of Thrusmaster? I wasn’t expecting that either. Really want to get a Fanatec device someday. Got a G29 from Mum and Bro for Christmas so it’s still very new.

sirjim73 and GTR365 like this.
  6. George Jakob

George Jakob

No because no matter if you like or not Youtube has become a legitimate career path same as Esports.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    Lubeify100 and R1600Turbo like this.
  7. PettyWingman

PettyWingman

The guy who got that reply says he heard this is just a test of using Fanatec wheel this time from the staff.

AKbizzy likes this.
  8. ANDRITSOULAS

ANDRITSOULAS

Gran Turismo wheel from fanatec in plans....? Podium wheel/steering wheel or a csw-direct drive 15nm peak torque wheelbase ?????;)

anthonyfa18, GTR365 and super_gt like this.
  9. super_gt

super_gt

I would bet on that:

ANDRITSOULAS likes this.
  10. tankuroded

tankuroded

Remember when people (especially a certain YTer) thought a university sketch with Jaguar and VGT branding as an official work? And now we have an actual Jaguar VGT.

GBalao888 likes this.
  11. Fanatec...

Fanatec... Premium

How much? :)

ANDRITSOULAS likes this.
  12. super_gt

super_gt

100€

Nuschel01 and ANDRITSOULAS like this.
  13. ANDRITSOULAS

ANDRITSOULAS

Black Friday is close..... Fanatec could announce a new product.... A Gran turismo something.... Just saying. Just speculating....

14. Fanatec...

Fanatec... Premium

Deal.
    If I win you need to give your 100€ to charity.

15. super_gt

super_gt

Deal. :)

16. anthonyfa18

anthonyfa18

I am really shocked to see fantec wheels, can it be Announced as the new partnership??? Can this also Confirm that fantec will be supported by ps5 and not trustmaster ????

17. Guffaluff

Guffaluff

Hmm, the news article on the front page about the Jag VGT has been removed :scared:

18. DerOllie

DerOllie

I also saw that. Was there someone of Polyphony who called perhaps?

19. eran0004

eran0004

If the tea is made by boiling the exhaust from the hydrogen drive, I approve of this feature.

sirjim73 likes this.
  20. danhighway

danhighway

Maybe some people don't want to know it leaked and would rather see it for the first time on the live stream.

21. Gtsport28

Gtsport28

the damage is already done

22. Guffaluff

Guffaluff

Quite possibly, but in the past we usually have had articles regarding these type of leaks. Maybe PD wanted to plug the leak :D

AgentBlackDog and dimassa19 like this.
  23. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

If PD don't want such content to leak then they should not have it available for anybody prior to the official reveal.

The Jaguar looks absolutely amazing and I am excited to see what the drive train is. It is obviously an EV, there are no exhausts and the wheels are very reminiscent of EV supercar designs, but they could go hydrogen EV seeing as though it is a VGT.

24. Racing_Miku

Racing_Miku Premium

Not that I have any official position but PD probably asked the GTPlanet writers in Tokyo to request the article be removed and
    they decided to oblige.

I suspect it's a case of internal "oopsie" about the car being on the screen at Tokyo was an oversight but I am holding back the info
    myself to avoid anyone else being disappointed until it gets revealed officially.

AgentBlackDog, sirjim73 and Guffaluff like this.
  25. sparkytooth

sparkytooth Premium

The car looks FR given the long hood short deck appearance it has. Probably a roadster version also exists.

26. Guffaluff

Guffaluff

Agreed.

I'm probably in a minority, but I'm actually a big fan of the VGT program. It gives insight into the minds of some of the most prestigious automobile designers in the world, which goes to show the stature of PD/Gran Turismo within the automotive world.

Yes yes, I know, some cars are a bit over the top (looking at you Chaparral) but again, these are designs and visions from real automakers, and not just some crazy cars from a game developer.

Looking forward for the Jag, it is indeed gorgeous, and can't wait to see what Porsche will have in store for us!

Darla Starch, GTR365, xxy98cn and 8 others like this.
  27. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

The Chapparal is one of my favourites. I love the laser propulsion system. I have always enjoyed the VGT programme even though some cars are disappointing.

The SRT Tomahawk X and the Subaru Viziv are my least favourites with the Honda close behind.
    The most disappointing aspect of the VGT cars is that many don't have an interior.

GTR365, JD_18, Marcobzzcs and 4 others like this.
  28. Guffaluff

Guffaluff

I agree with you, the laser propulsion system is a very interesting approach. I read somewhere that PD had to rewrite parf of the physics engine to accommodate for the car's unique attributes.

But yes, as a cockpit driver, it's a shame that most of the VGT cars don't have one.

VXR, Scuderia Paul and JEverettL like this.
  29. dimassa19

dimassa19

Agree, Note that Jaguar is in garage mode, where the car is highlighted all the time.

Guffaluff likes this.
  30. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

This leak is probably more serious than any of the previous ones. Revealing a car or track being added to the game is just stealing PDs thunder. A new car launch is big news for the game and Jaguar, who will have invested lots of resources into the project hoping for a big reveal rather than some iffy phone snaps.

It's PD's fault though, by now they should know to not trust the people they'rve been giving free holidays to.

ASH32, xxy98cn, sirjim73 and 3 others like this.