New Vision Gran Turismo concept car being unveiled on 25 October

• Thread starter sirjim73
  • 264 comments
I’m not gonna lie, a bit disappointed that it’s been leaked as I was hopping to see it come the stream. But hey everything gets leaked these days. I indefinitely wasn’t expecting Jaguar. Hope we see some new content besides the Jag VGT. Also Fanatec instead of Thrusmaster? I wasn’t expecting that either. Really want to get a Fanatec device someday. Got a G29 from Mum and Bro for Christmas so it’s still very new.

im guessing Thrustmaster are still upset that no one is buying their shifter for GTS cos shifters are now prohibited in sport mode.

PD have really made GTS players using paddles “shifting” noobs. :(
The guy who got that reply says he heard this is just a test of using Fanatec wheel this time from the staff.

Remember when people (especially a certain YTer) thought a university sketch with Jaguar and VGT branding as an official work? And now we have an actual Jaguar VGT.

If PD don't want such content to leak then they should not have it available for anybody prior to the official reveal.

The Jaguar looks absolutely amazing and I am excited to see what the drive train is. It is obviously an EV, there are no exhausts and the wheels are very reminiscent of EV supercar designs, but they could go hydrogen EV seeing as though it is a VGT.

Last edited:
Not that I have any official position but PD probably asked the GTPlanet writers in Tokyo to request the article be removed and
they decided to oblige.

I suspect it's a case of internal "oopsie" about the car being on the screen at Tokyo was an oversight but I am holding back the info
myself to avoid anyone else being disappointed until it gets revealed officially.

The car looks FR given the long hood short deck appearance it has. Probably a roadster version also exists.

If PD don't want such content to leak then they should not have it available for anybody prior to the official reveal.

The Jaguar looks absolutely amazing and I am excited to see what the drive train is. I am assuming a conventional EV but they could go hydrogen seeing as though it is a VGT.

Agreed.

I'm probably in a minority, but I'm actually a big fan of the VGT program. It gives insight into the minds of some of the most prestigious automobile designers in the world, which goes to show the stature of PD/Gran Turismo within the automotive world.

Yes yes, I know, some cars are a bit over the top (looking at you Chaparral) but again, these are designs and visions from real automakers, and not just some crazy cars from a game developer.

Looking forward for the Jag, it is indeed gorgeous, and can't wait to see what Porsche will have in store for us!

Agreed.

I'm probably in a minority, but I'm actually a big fan of the VGT program. It gives insight into the minds of some of the most prestigious automobile designers in the world, which goes to show the stature of PD/Gran Turismo within the automotive world.

Yes yes, I know, some cars are a bit over the top (looking at you Chaparral) but again, these are designs and visions from real automakers, and not just some crazy cars from a game developer.

Looking forward for the Jag, it is indeed gorgeous, and can't wait to see what Porsche will have in store for us!
The Chapparal is one of my favourites. I love the laser propulsion system. I have always enjoyed the VGT programme even though some cars are disappointing.

The SRT Tomahawk X and the Subaru Viziv are my least favourites with the Honda close behind.
The most disappointing aspect of the VGT cars is that many don't have an interior.

Last edited:
The Chapparal is one of my favourites. I love the laser propulsion system. I have always enjoyed the VGT programme even though some cars are disappointing. The Subaru is my least favourite with the Honda close behind.
The most disappointing aspect of the VGT cars is that many don't have an interior.

I agree with you, the laser propulsion system is a very interesting approach. I read somewhere that PD had to rewrite parf of the physics engine to accommodate for the car's unique attributes.

But yes, as a cockpit driver, it's a shame that most of the VGT cars don't have one.

This leak is probably more serious than any of the previous ones. Revealing a car or track being added to the game is just stealing PDs thunder. A new car launch is big news for the game and Jaguar, who will have invested lots of resources into the project hoping for a big reveal rather than some iffy phone snaps.

It's PD's fault though, by now they should know to not trust the people they'rve been giving free holidays to.

Back