New Vision Gran Turismo concept car being unveiled on 25 October

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by sirjim73, Oct 19, 2019.

1. GBalao888

GBalao888

He must've predicted that a Jaguar Vision car would actually happen. Although it looks so different to what he thought it may be, from these sketches he saw.

It is labeled as a coupe, so hopefully there will be a convertible version. Beyond that, don't expect any racing versions though, I think this'll remain in Gr. X.

And even if they remove the article or host an embargo of leaked stuff, we already know this kind of secret they've been hiding.

AgentBlackDog and Scuderia Paul like this.
  2. George Jakob

George Jakob

If we are talking about the one im thinking he never actually said that concept was the official Jaguar VGT .

3. Gtsport28

Gtsport28

digital polyphony must be very naive hoping not to leak before the official announcement but showing the upcoming content to the nearest person! should make better communication and locked the content before the announcement very important for the advertising of gran turismo

AgentBlackDog and Scuderia Paul like this.
  4. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Not really. We dont know the full carlists for update yet.

The website leak was far worse, full lineups plus it revealed just when the update that preceeded the upcoming ones just released aka a month earlier from supposed release.

TrafficEmpire likes this.
  5. mirial

mirial

Because people get excited about yet another variation that will no doubt have the same laborious handling characteristics which in my opinion is not fitting for a 'car of the future'. I'm just making them aware that I think they are being sold a gimmick because the Vision GT handling characteristics are far from what any respected racing car designer would come up in an ideal world. Whilst on topic, I thought some of those Radicals would have been included by now, because I think they are a forward thinking car.

I think the VGTs look ok, but you have all that weight being carried by very low profile tyres with just moderate down force and the whole experience (for me) is just a massive battle to avoid under steering off the track at every corner. I usually try them for a few corners and a few gravel traps before giving up :lol:

Beezer215 likes this.
  6. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk

I don't think it's fair to label all VGT's as having laborious handling characteristics... sounds like a sweeping, and unfounded, generalisation to me. I'd also suggest understeer is not a trait particularly demonstrated by many VGT's, at least not when compared to comparable 'real' cars.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    silverman_GT, VXR, GTR365 and 4 others like this.
  7. AKps3

AKps3

8. LeytonHouseF1

LeytonHouseF1 Premium

The future is electric (if there’s one) so that’s great. These electric VGTs are the best.

AgentBlackDog, JD_18 and oneloops like this.
  9. juanffy18

juanffy18

Please no another one spaceship :indiff:

Aero2000 likes this.
  10. nowcontrol

nowcontrol

We still need the dang original GT by Citroen AWD EV to return to the game. That thing was great for drifting. :lol:

11. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

12. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

Of course, it’s not coming in the next update. Don’t expect anything teased by PD at a world tour event to be released anywhere within three months of it first appearing.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  13. oneloops

oneloops

You talk about Sardegna Track ? ... oh wait

Quakebass, Nismonath5, SSQES and 4 others like this.
  14. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

If only we had those Wet versions of Tokyo Expressway in the game right now. Wait a minute..

15. mirial

mirial

I can say that most cars in GTS began two years ago much more neutral than they are now and I think most just get accustomed to the understeer without realising it which recalibrates their perception of understeer/neutral/oversteer over time. A very reputable steamer even thought the Super Formulas were ok now. I'm afraid I disagree. All I know is any of the VGTs I have tried in the past that were in the top 10 understeered excessively.

You have to remember that most use a DS4 with very short sticks and some possibly use the buttons (!!) so there is always a tendency for the average players to use more lock, and to slow the car down more than they need to - this is reflected by the colossal rear tyre wear which I think PD have had to artificially adjust to counter the excessive lock the average player uses.

Do you use a DS4? And what VGT car do you deem to be the most neutral?

@MatskiMonk

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  16. LeytonHouseF1

LeytonHouseF1 Premium

Oh yes! And it was crazy fast!

17. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

18. juanffy18

juanffy18

I understand why PD included the Jaguar D-Type. I love that design.
    But about this i think are 2 Jaguar VGT in the game.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  19. bdj57

bdj57

As expected the VGT will have an electric power. Jaguar have been focusing on EV development lately and it shows by them participate on Formula E and held one make race called I-Pace eTrophy which is official support racing series of Formula E :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AgentBlackDog and Guffaluff like this.
  20. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Its just another fan created render. The teaser(and leaked images) look nothing like this.

Where is everyone getting this idea that its electric? How do we know its not a hybrid?

21. Stephan

Stephan Premium

I think the #JaguarElectrifies is where everybody is getting the idea that the Jaguar VGT is EV.

bdj57 and AgentBlackDog like this.
  22. ExoticMachines

ExoticMachines

Something is not right here, the images do not look similar to the teaser from Jaguar:

jaguar-vgt-offscreen-003-860x484.jpg

The teaser from Jaguar got a roof or a hardtop.

In the meantime, I am waiting patiently for the reveal tomorrow and doing meditation at home with some friends:

cat meditation.gif

Lubeify100 likes this.
  23. schnick

schnick

Those pics were leaked before any of the recipients of a free holiday arrived in Tokyo

24. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

OMG I love that retro TWR livery!

bdj57 and VXR like this.
  25. LeytonHouseF1

LeytonHouseF1 Premium

Stuff has been out for over 12 hours...

26. nowcontrol

nowcontrol

27. SDSPOWER01

SDSPOWER01

I kinda feel like it might get taken down tho...

28. juanffy18

juanffy18

It's mehhh and nice at the same time. Looks nice but nothing outstanding. I don't know, i has a crossed feelings.

VXR likes this.
  29. LeytonHouseF1

LeytonHouseF1 Premium

Only a few minutes before they officially unveil it no?

Quakebass and SDSPOWER01 like this.
  30. TrafficEmpire

TrafficEmpire

Thanks for sharing these videos. This is a fantastic addition that makes me appreciate the VGT program more.