New Vision Gran Turismo concept car being unveiled on 25 October

• Thread starter sirjim73
  • 264 comments
Remember when people (especially a certain YTer) thought a university sketch with Jaguar and VGT branding as an official work? And now we have an actual Jaguar VGT.
He must've predicted that a Jaguar Vision car would actually happen. Although it looks so different to what he thought it may be, from these sketches he saw.

Can't say i'm too excited about Jaguar but hopefully it has variations and it is not just a gr.x car
It is labeled as a coupe, so hopefully there will be a convertible version. Beyond that, don't expect any racing versions though, I think this'll remain in Gr. X.

the damage is already done
And even if they remove the article or host an embargo of leaked stuff, we already know this kind of secret they've been hiding.

He must've predicted that a Jaguar Vision car would actually happen. Although it looks so different to what he thought it may be, from these sketches he saw.

It is labeled as a coupe, so hopefully there will be a convertible version. Beyond that, don't expect any racing versions though, I think this'll remain in Gr. X.

And even if they remove the article or host an embargo of leaked stuff, we already know.
If we are talking about the one im thinking he never actually said that concept was the official Jaguar VGT .

digital polyphony must be very naive hoping not to leak before the official announcement but showing the upcoming content to the nearest person! should make better communication and locked the content before the announcement very important for the advertising of gran turismo

This leak is probably more serious than any of the previous ones.
Not really. We dont know the full carlists for update yet.

The website leak was far worse, full lineups plus it revealed just when the update that preceeded the upcoming ones just released aka a month earlier from supposed release.

I respect what you think about, but why do you allow that to cloud your acceptance of what other people may think of them?

Because people get excited about yet another variation that will no doubt have the same laborious handling characteristics which in my opinion is not fitting for a 'car of the future'. I'm just making them aware that I think they are being sold a gimmick because the Vision GT handling characteristics are far from what any respected racing car designer would come up in an ideal world. Whilst on topic, I thought some of those Radicals would have been included by now, because I think they are a forward thinking car.

I think the VGTs look ok, but you have all that weight being carried by very low profile tyres with just moderate down force and the whole experience (for me) is just a massive battle to avoid under steering off the track at every corner. I usually try them for a few corners and a few gravel traps before giving up :lol:

Because people get excited about yet another variation that will no doubt have the same laborious handling characteristics which in my opinion is not fitting for a 'car of the future'. I'm just making them aware that I think they are being sold a gimmick because the Vision GT handling characteristics are far from what any respected racing car designer would come up in an ideal world. Whilst on topic, I thought some of those Radicals would have been included by now, because I think they are a forward thinking car.

I think the VGTs look ok, but you have all that weight being carried by very low profile tyres with just moderate down force and the whole experience (for me) is just a massive battle to avoid under steering off the track at every corner. I usually try them for a few corners and a few gravel traps before giving up :lol:

I don't think it's fair to label all VGT's as having laborious handling characteristics... sounds like a sweeping, and unfounded, generalisation to me. I'd also suggest understeer is not a trait particularly demonstrated by many VGT's, at least not when compared to comparable 'real' cars.

Last edited:
Of course, it’s not coming in the next update. Don’t expect anything teased by PD at a world tour event to be released anywhere within three months of it first appearing.

Last edited:
I don't think it's fair to label all VGT's as having laborious handling characteristics... sounds like a sweeping, and unfounded, generalisation to me. I'd also suggest understeer is not a trait particularly demonstrated by many VGT's, at least not when compared to comparable 'real' cars.

I can say that most cars in GTS began two years ago much more neutral than they are now and I think most just get accustomed to the understeer without realising it which recalibrates their perception of understeer/neutral/oversteer over time. A very reputable steamer even thought the Super Formulas were ok now. I'm afraid I disagree. All I know is any of the VGTs I have tried in the past that were in the top 10 understeered excessively.

You have to remember that most use a DS4 with very short sticks and some possibly use the buttons (!!) so there is always a tendency for the average players to use more lock, and to slow the car down more than they need to - this is reflected by the colossal rear tyre wear which I think PD have had to artificially adjust to counter the excessive lock the average player uses.

Do you use a DS4? And what VGT car do you deem to be the most neutral?

@MatskiMonk

Last edited:
I understand why PD included the Jaguar D-Type. I love that design.
But about this i think are 2 Jaguar VGT in the game.

Last edited:
As expected the VGT will have an electric power. Jaguar have been focusing on EV development lately and it shows by them participate on Formula E and held one make race called I-Pace eTrophy which is official support racing series of Formula E :

IPACEBerlin.jpg

f7aed6623955313b933354558bb806d5.jpg

d90e9ee51cf037ca42fb3736e5f9ec94.jpg

Last edited:

Its just another fan created render. The teaser(and leaked images) look nothing like this.

As expected the VGT will have an electric power. Jaguar have been focusing on EV development lately and it shows by them participate on Formula E and held one make race called I-Pace eTrophy which is official support racing series of Formula E :

IPACEBerlin.jpg

Where is everyone getting this idea that its electric? How do we know its not a hybrid?

This leak is probably more serious than any of the previous ones. Revealing a car or track being added to the game is just stealing PDs thunder. A new car launch is big news for the game and Jaguar, who will have invested lots of resources into the project hoping for a big reveal rather than some iffy phone snaps.

It's PD's fault though, by now they should know to not trust the people they'rve been giving free holidays to.
Those pics were leaked before any of the recipients of a free holiday arrived in Tokyo

IPACEBerlin.jpg

OMG I love that retro TWR livery!

Back