New Year's Holiday Challenge

The amount of rain and the time it comes is the same for all of us. It's scripted into the events and is not random or variable.

There is some variability in the numbers though the general pattern is similar. at the Nurb sometimes its gone down to 5% wet, other times 22% etc.

Last edited:
For me it was variable a lot; at nurb sometimes it was up to 24% rain at maximum, another time more than 80%. In the first case of course racing soft is ok, in the latter it was impossible for me with racing soft, changing to rain tires was better for the last lap. Same story for SPA, sometimes soft is ok for the whole race (for me as long as it is not above 40/50%), another time the whole race on rain tires was better; both quitting the race or restrating the race could change the rain pattern a lot; I like this

Anyone else have a large pileup in the Spa pitlane ?

All the AI pitted lap 1 and one car got jammed sideways causing a big blockage :lol:

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps2.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_12-2.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_22-1.jpg

Did they ever make it through? :lol: I've seen 4 and 5 car crashes before, but not in the pits!!!

See, that's just an accurate simulation of the real thing, only with the slightly dumber AI. :)

I have seen accidents from people trying to get from a bad spot in traffic into the pit lane, and I've seen cars with prior damage get stuck in the entry lane. One time I did see a crash in the entry lane itself, if my memory is right. A couple cars were coming in together, one may have had prior damage or may have bumped the wall right there, and the car behind hit him and turned him sideways, blocking the lane. Sorry, I don't have video proof handy so you'll have to take my word(and my unreliable memory) for it

I'm actually surprised I haven't seen more carnage there, but there has probably been more. I think all the races I see at Spa are the F1 and 24-hour and occasionally the ELMS/WEC rounds. That has to be a world-wide contender for "worst pit lane entry" as well as "worst track redesign ever." I'm pretty sure that the very first time I saw an on-board of the new pit-in the first thing that popped into my head was "oh, there's so going to be carnage here."

I haven't seen the AI wreck in the pits in this seasonal. However, the B-spec seasonal with the Super GT cars, I believe (the granddaddy cash cow of a race), every race there was carnage in the pits. :lol: It was very amusing. I always made sure to have my bob pit before any of the computer AI.

How in the world did that 908 get turned completely sideways like that in there anyway? It reminds me of Austin Powers.

Just did the Tuned Car 600 pp Nurb race with my stock M3 CSL.

That was a lot of fun!
Not a fan of the SRF forced on, but still plenty of challenge for me, when you are 103 pp from the max limit.

I have noticed that a lot of posters are saying that they went into the pits during the races despite several posts saying don't pit. You do not need to pit in ANY of the races if you start on the right tyres.

Suzuka = racing soft *
Spa = Inters
Nord = racing soft *

(* use racing hard if you want a bit more competition otherwise use the soft tyres they will last the whole race and give you that extra bit of grip)

The only race where it gets a little close to the edge is Spa where you get quite a bit of rain but the AI are going so slowly during the rain that all you need to do is back off a bit and stay on the track. It may seem like you are crawling by lap 7 but you will still be going faster than the AI.

The no pit strategy is the same for DS3 and wheel users.

I started on Racing Soft and pitted in lap 5 for inters and won the race by 25 seconds. I agree with Argon56. Had I used my brains and started with Inters I wouldn't have had to pit. The lead car was practically strolling from lap 7 till the end. I was in 2nd place when I pitted and kept the position when I exited from the pits. I did not pit in Suzuka and won.

Which event if you now do over and over again will yield the most XP per minute played?
I did the Spa challenge in this christmas challenge and get 450000 XP for the 22minutes driven [Thats 20455 XP per minute]- is there any other event that gives loads of XP per minute that you guys know of?
Nice Car that I use for the SPA race is the Mazda Futuri [Think that how you spell it?]

Last edited:
Finished Spa last night with Shoe's 787B tune. Wasn't easy, but it wasn't too bad either.

But I just got second on the Nüburgring—35 seconds behind the S2000 GT1. I really have no idea how I'm going to improve on that. I have a hard enough time staying on track at speed, much less gaining 12 seconds per lap. :indiff: (The damned 5 second penalties weren't helping either. The game has some rather absurd ideas of what a shortcut are.)

Bah. Oh, well. I guess "too easy" for the lot of you is outside my skills. (On the Nordschleife, anyway.)

And don't even get me started on the C7 time trial!

The game does have some ridiculous ideas of what's a penalty indeed. Your best bet is to just keep all four wheels on the track, unless you want to learn exactly which of the hundred-odd corners you can't cut a little or go a little wide at.

Like everything with the Nordschleife, that race primarily comes down to how well you know the track. If you're reasonably good at it, the S2000 GT1 doesn't stand a chance even in a dramatically underpowered car. But if you are a bit uncomfortable, it can be a real challenge. 35 seconds isn't necessarily as far behind as you might think. Take away a few penalties and get a couple of corners a bit better, and you can make up a good portion of that in just 1 lap.

Doing a 360 on the grass, hitting 3 walls and still I get a penalty.
As if it wasn't a punishment already to see 6 cars pass by... :lol:

The first 3 was relatively easy, I just stayed out on whatever tyres I started with and tiptoed around the last few laps.

The Corvette on the other hand took some doing. I scraped it with 7:49.946 if I remember correctly after countless red times. It took me ages just to set one time and after a few at 8 minutes 10ish I finally got it down to 7:52 knowing it can be achieved.

The first 3 was relatively easy, I just stayed out on whatever tyres I started with and tiptoed around the last few laps.

The Corvette on the other hand took some doing. I scraped it with 7:49.946 if I remember correctly after countless red times. It took me ages just to set one time and after a few at 8 minutes 10ish I finally got it down to 7:52 knowing it can be achieved.

I cant agree more the first three where a piece of cake! That C7 is a lumpy bucket and after many hours of fighting it around the ring I finally got a 7:46.108! What a relief, not impressed with my prize cars; C5 CS-R (1000 ticket) and the Panoz Esperante (Lvl 23) are underwhelming to say the least. :indiff:

Finished Spa last night with Shoe's 787B tune. Wasn't easy, but it wasn't too bad either.

But I just got second on the Nüburgring—35 seconds behind the S2000 GT1. I really have no idea how I'm going to improve on that. I have a hard enough time staying on track at speed, much less gaining 12 seconds per lap. :indiff: (The damned 5 second penalties weren't helping either. The game has some rather absurd ideas of what a shortcut are.)

Bah. Oh, well. I guess "too easy" for the lot of you is outside my skills. (On the Nordschleife, anyway.)

And don't even get me started on the C7 time trial!

The game does have some ridiculous ideas of what's a penalty indeed. Your best bet is to just keep all four wheels on the track, unless you want to learn exactly which of the hundred-odd corners you can't cut a little or go a little wide at.

Like everything with the Nordschleife, that race primarily comes down to how well you know the track. If you're reasonably good at it, the S2000 GT1 doesn't stand a chance even in a dramatically underpowered car. But if you are a bit uncomfortable, it can be a real challenge. 35 seconds isn't necessarily as far behind as you might think. Take away a few penalties and get a couple of corners a bit better, and you can make up a good portion of that in just 1 lap.

What Morgoth said is true Robert, but I just finished it last night, I use the tune on page 7 on my Gallardo and after two tries nail it. I did notice that on my second try, I didn't exit the race just race it back to back, I was able to be in second place by the end of the first lap. I thought it was odd and also the weather was abit more stable or better midway thru the second lap sun came out and was able to pass that S2000 four turns before the long straight on the last lap and won it by 5 seconds.

Anyone experienced the same odd events.

The game does have some ridiculous ideas of what's a penalty indeed.

It's a rather lazy way of tracking what a shortcut is. There are few enough (any?) on the Nordschleife that it seems ridiculous to put penalties on that track of any of them, given that the typical driver's off-track excursion on that track is a time-losing mistake not a shortcut.

Your best bet is to just keep all four wheels on the track, unless you want to learn exactly which of the hundred-odd corners you can't cut a little or go a little wide at.

Oh, I never go off the track deliberately on the Nordschleife. And when I drive so that I'm certain to stay on the track, I'm so damned slow that, for instance, on the C7 TT in this seasonal, my laptime was something like 3 seconds short of the maximum Bronze time. If I could get silver on that, I'd probably be able to pull off winning this one. :)

Like everything with the Nordschleife, that race primarily comes down to how well you know the track.
Or knowing how to respond to it. :) In the Gallardo I was screwing Galgenkopf up (the turn just before the last straight) every single time. And Aremburg was murder on me in the C7 Corvette. I know those turns are there, I just don't know how to properly take them at speed—they're not the typical "slow in, fast out"/outside-inside corners I'm actually decent with (i.e., the easy ones :) ).

Then there's the high-speed sections of the track where the cars feel incredibly unstable—as if they're just waiting to slide off into the barriers or lose control at the slightest input. Maybe the DS3 makes that worse; I don't know.

Finally won the Nurb with the HKS with 595 PP. It was tough and it took me 5 or 6 ties before I came in first place. Though had to pit to change to Inters as could not keep the car on the track in some corners and was tired of getting those short cut penalties. I mean I spun out on a corner did three spins hit the damn armco and I get a penalty. Useless. And lost 5 positions. I will be brave and try a lower PP today, if I get a chance.

The C7 is driving me up the wall. I don't have the skill to keep it on the track. Was on my way to a Gold but spun on the penultimate corner before the straight. Gave up after that. I need to practice more on the Nurb.

New guy here, just wanted to thank everyone on this site that I have been lurking on for years.

Finished Suzuka with Honda Weider stock on Racing Softs - easy win.

Finished Spa with Audi R8 Race Car team playstation on Inters - easy as well, I have been racing this one a lot because I love this track. Sometimes the wetness gets to 90+% but sometimes not over 50%. I have had a best lap of 2:12.

Thanks to the ones that suggested the Mine's BNR34 for the Ring too - Finished the Ring with a 600pp Mine's BNR34 on Racing Softs. Passed the S2000 on last turn of lap 2 with a 6:53 lap time, saved the replay because it was a nice outside pass but I wish it was on last lap for more dramatic effect.

In the Gallardo I was screwing Galgenkopf up (the turn just before the last straight) every single time.

I had problems with that one too. Now I merely tap the brake (some cars it's more of a lifting off the accelerator than braking) with the car on the left side of the track before the corner and bring the car in towards the inside of the bend without gas (so that the front doesn't understeer - modulate the throttle where necessary to maintain speed) and as soon as you feel the bend open out, accelerate smoothly back out to the left of the track and away we go.

I found that my exit speeds were higher this way rather than massive braking or sliding into the corner.

Doing the 24hr gave me the chance to repeat that corner over and over so that I could push the entry and apex speed to the limit.

I'm interested to know how everyone else takes this corner.👍

Back