New Year's Holiday Challenge

Spa was OK win, Toyota GT-One, this was a good TT test a few months ago. Did three laps with RS, switched too Inters, passed #2 on start of 9th lap and cruised to 11sec win, only two 5 sec ramming penalties. Road wetness steadily increased to 87% even though sun came out late laps. 1.7M credits plus the restoration coupons plus matte light red paint.

N'ring was toughest, there are two weather patterns - one starts at 20% wet, gets little drier then goes over 30% wet on second lap and dries bit. Other pattern is start 20%, dries fast, down to 0% for good portion, then a bt of rain but not more than 5%. Basically use RS and avoid the Inters, you can't afford a pit stop. Also, the HKS CT230R is a very nimble and quick car, much better than heavier cars like the big Lambo in the 30% wet. Winning car is in the 21:50 to 24:30 range depending on the wetness. Odd how the margin starts at 45 secs then jumps up to over 60 secs, gaining 20 secs per lap is required whatever the weather so you need to be able to do high 6: min laps. And yes these are "expert". If you can gold the Special Event AMG Driving Academy I guess this seasonal is a piece of cake, otherwise hard to get 3rd at this one as the top three cars are bunched up at top.

Suzuka also had various weather - I had one race it didn't even rain at all. Kudos to those who naill these but PD did set the bar high with the Holiday Challenge.

Last edited:
3 easy wins here, without any pitstop. Honda weider 010 at Suzuka (racing soft), HKS CT230 at "Ring" (racing soft) and Jaguar XJR-9 at Spa (Inter.)

Did the Suzuka on in the Honda weider HSV-010 on Racing Hard, passing the leader as he pitted on lap 8. Spa in the BMW V12 LMR on Inters, passing the leader on lap 4 and lapping a couple of the last in the order.

Other two at the Ring are on my list to do tomorrow

Cleared the Suzuka race with a moderately-tuned BANDAI SC430; I used Racing Soft and didn't have to pit once, though the track got quite slippery in the end and I was in a rut with two GT-Rs fighting for 2nd place behind my tail...

The 700PP race at Spa was another Chaparral 2J race for me; slapped on Racing Intermediate tires and didn't have to pit once. The tires provided sufficient grip for the entire race, bearing in mind that I was driving a 2J anyway. Almost lapped the entire grid within the entity of the race. I'll be retrying in my beloved Nissan R92CP later...

As for the 600PP race at the 'Ring, my GT-R Proto failed by a longshot; I keep losing traction, no matter how much I ease up. I may try Shoe67's tune for the Lamborghini Gallardo, but if anyone else has a car suggestion, then please let me know about it; I can't manage to think of a tune myself...

Looking forward to taking my F2007 for another session in the seasonals, enjoying double the rewards~

As for the 600PP race at the 'Ring, my GT-R Proto failed by a longshot; I keep losing traction, no matter how much I ease up. I may try Shoe67's tune for the Lamborghini Gallardo, but if anyone else has a car suggestion, then please let me know about it; I can't manage to think of a tune myself...

I used the Citroen GT road car - tuned to 600pp on racing softs. Give it plenty camber and negative toe otherwise it'll understeer you straight to the scene of the accident!👍

Aero: 40/65
Engine stage 3
fully modded intake sys, titanium exhaust,
No turbo charger
tranny: max speed 236mph
LSD: 10/40/20
Suspension:
ride -30/-25
spring rate: 11.2/12.7
ext: 4/4
comp: 4/4
anti roll bars: 6/6
camber: 1.5/2
toe: -0.20/0.20

This is a very basic tune, but it works for me, won by 20 seconds on RS, no pits. Nose turns in nice but keep rear wheels off the grass:crazy:

Once you've nailed the win, go back and do it again in cockpit view - its a different game!:ill:

I won the 600PP Race at Nurburgring's Nordschleife using the Nissan R390 GT1 road Car.
Stage 3 Lightening Job
Chassis reinforcement
Ballast adjustment: 11kg
Stage 2 Turbo
Full Race Trans with gear ratios being an amalgamation of Tremec T56s across every car it has been used in. I chose this set of gears because of the characteristics of horsepower & torque curves.
1) 3.01
2) 2.10
3) 1.43
4) 1.00
5) 0.80
6) 0.62
Final) 3.429
Adjustable LSD Untouched
Default suspension untouched
Race Soft Tires
I have to be minimal on the track cutting penalties because that made "thee" difference in getting the lead or not.

I won easily the SPA event

Car: Nissan GT-R R35 TC, 672PP, 810HP
Tires: Racing Intermediate
Wet: max 90%
Total Time: 25:50.150
Gap: +29.045
No Pit Stop

i Tried and Tried with the Mazda 787b '91 (tune provided by Shoe67) but did not work for me :( in this event

Edit: Faster with the new Praiano's tune:

...AND I STILL DO NOT BREAK IN THE ENGINE OF THIS CAR... iN MY SECOND ACCOUNT :)

NISSAN GT-R R35 Touring Car // 675PP // ONLINE OK
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6305199#post6305199

Last edited:
I used the Citroen GT road car - tuned to 600pp on racing softs. Give it plenty camber and negative toe otherwise it'll understeer you straight to the scene of the accident!👍

Aero: 40/65
Engine stage 3
fully modded intake sys, titanium exhaust,
No turbo charger
tranny: max speed 236mph
LSD: 10/40/20
Suspension:
ride -30/-25
spring rate: 11.2/12.7
ext: 4/4
comp: 4/4
anti roll bars: 6/6
camber: 1.5/2

This is a very basic tune, but it works for me, won by 20 seconds on RS, no pits. Nose turns in nice but keep rear wheels off the grass:crazy:

Once you've nailed the win, go back and do it again in cockpit view - its a different game!:ill:

That really does work, flowed so beautifully from corner to corner, Thanks. I see what you mean about the rear tyres on the grass though, had a big off at the Aremberg. Although that lap was my fastest at 7' 04. If I hadn't had the off it probably would have been sub 7 minutes.

That really does work, flowed so beautifully from corner to corner, Thanks. I see what you mean about the rear tyres on the grass though, had a big off at the Aremberg. Although that lap was my fastest at 7' 04. If I hadn't had the off it probably would have been sub 7 minutes.

Nice one:tup: Glad it helped.
After posting the tune, I went and bought another GT road car and modded it to engine stage 2 - 609pp - so I didn't have to reduce the power much. Then I stuck it on cockpit view again and had a blast!

I used the GT Race car for Spa - won by 3 seconds:crazy:

In an earlier post I mentioned winning the Nurb in the Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon GT-B '96 - a comedy win for sure.:lol:
Here's the tune:
457bhp
532pp
1191kg

Stage 3 weight reduction
Window weight reduction
full aero from GT Auto
Stage 3 engine with Sports ECU
Fully modded intake, exhaust and drive train
Turbo Stage 3
Tranny: 211mph max speed - bottom box, adjust final gear so the top box says 216mph
LSD:
10/10
40/40
20/20
Torque: 35/65

Ride: -30/-25
Spr Rate: 9.9/9.9
ext: 6/6
comp: 6/6
ARB: 5/5
camber: 1.5/1
Brakes 7/5

This is good fun and you really have to hustle this beast around the track! Only won by a few seconds:crazy:

Last edited:
I used my Ferrari 458 for the 'Ring race. The aero mods and MR layout make the car very stable with good turn in and easy throttle steering. With RS tires I can win by over a minute...but I do have to consider myself an expert on the Nurburgring as I race it all the time.

The tune (pretty basic):

Full mods and fully broken in.

Aero: 10/35
Balast: 18 (1250kg)

Engine: 88.4% (640hp)

Transmission: 211-217 MPH

LSD: Initial: 15
Acc: 40
Bra: 20

Ride Height: -15/-10
Spring Rate: 11.3/12.7
Damp Ext: 5/6
Damp. Comp: 5/6
Roll Bars: 5/6

Camber: 0.4/0.2
Toe: 0/0.2

Brakes: 5/5

Hope it helps anyone still stuck!

Interesting you bring up the 458, I was actually wondering if a stock one could win the race on Hards, maybe at least with an oil change.

I ran a stock(dealer fresh) SLS which I didn't think was especially fast for its PP. I messed up a bit getting used to the car I'd never driven then restarted after two laps. I then won by several seconds despite having two horrible crashes, at least one of them bringing me to a complete stop in a 125mph-plus section of track. I was way behind after the second one but the S2000 GT1 I was chasing apparently started to run out of tire on the last lap as I gained very easily on lap 3.

The PP on that started at 571, so it makes me think 550 might be doable. Obviously it could be done on soft tires, but I'm not interested in running anything but hards. I'm not sure if the weather is the same for everyone, it varied a little for me on my two attempts, but never got above 25% wet and was dry for better than half the race. So there's no need to change tires - not that I'm sure when inters becom better than hards on whichever grip reduction setting the race uses.

I'm not sure if I'll try a low-PP run or not as there's no low-PP bonus and the SRF is annoying and I'd be relying on it to go that fast, even more so than it helped me with the SLS. I'm sure it will depend on a whim.

Won the Suzuka race a while earlier with an NSX of some sort, I think the Premium Takata Dome, I think not set-up except a little gear ratio tweak. That got wet enough that it was a right handul on hards by the last lap or two and I was losing time. Still probably not worth pitting in a race that short. Took three attempts for that one I think. So just one more of these to go.

The PP on that started at 571, so it makes me think 550 might be doable. Obviously it could be done on soft tires, but I'm not interested in running anything but hards. I'm not sure if the weather is the same for everyone, it varied a little for me on my two attempts, but never got above 25% wet and was dry for better than half the race. So there's no need to change tires - not that I'm sure when inters becom better than hards on whichever grip reduction setting the race uses.

I'm not sure if I'll try a low-PP run or not as there's no low-PP bonus and the SRF is annoying and I'd be relying on it to go that fast, even more so than it helped me with the SLS. I'm sure it will depend on a whim.

I agree with you on the pp. I found that switching to RH tires with ABS off is a good challenge - I was 15 -30 secs slower - much more variable. Instead of overtaking the first car on the run up Quiddelbacher-Hohe/Flugplatz, it was taking until somewhere between Schwedenkreunz and Adenauer.
I might have to try the Volvo Estate next!:crazy:

I used the Yellowhat, HKS, and the Nissan GTR to win the rain races. It seems that the AI is kinda tarded. During the second race, they all pitted in lap 2. I took the lead on Lap 3. Then a bunch pitted on lap 6, the rest on lap 7 All the cars I used were upgraded or engine power limited to meet race specs, no special tunes. Tomorrow I will try the corvette challange again. I missed it by 7 seconds the first go round. Anybody notice that in the C7 race SRF is turned Off?!!!!!! I went in to make sure Traction Control was 0 and seen SRF was greyed out and Off.

Finished all these without too much difficulty - Suzuka was the most challenging at first try, but on my second attempt, half the cars pitted on the first lap (including the leader), making it an easy win.

Now I just need to gold the TT to complete them all.

Just did the Spa-Francorchamps race. It was surprisingly easy. Started with the Peugeot 908 on rain tires, pitted when they were wearing out, and still beat #2 by over 1m.

Are the others this simple? What's the best car for the 3 lap Nürburgring race? Sorry I don't really feel like wading through 22 pages to find an answer.

Nordschleife: a stock Mine's BNR34.
I used intermediates because of the weather (20-40%), won by 1 minute.

Don't pit. I used race hards, no problem. It stopped raining for the middle part of the race for me. I suppose if it rains until the end you might benefit from inters, but if it stays 20-30% wet hards will be fine.

Don't pit. I used race hards, no problem. It stopped raining for the middle part of the race for me. I suppose if it rains until the end you might benefit from inters, but if it stays 20-30% wet hards will be fine.

Don't pit in any of the races too.even the gt500 race.dont get fool by the 1st person going into the pits.

And for people who use my tunes, I would like some feedback and suggestions 👍 good luck everyone

I tried your supra on Suzuka and I think it was just luck for me really. I started on softs and it started pouring around the end of the second lap I was by the pits so I switched to inter and I just couldn't catch up no matter what I finished 12 overall I like the tune tho

I have noticed that a lot of posters are saying that they went into the pits during the races despite several posts saying don't pit. You do not need to pit in ANY of the races if you start on the right tyres.

Suzuka = racing soft *
Spa = Inters
Nord = racing soft *

(* use racing hard if you want a bit more competition otherwise use the soft tyres they will last the whole race and give you that extra bit of grip)

The only race where it gets a little close to the edge is Spa where you get quite a bit of rain but the AI are going so slowly during the rain that all you need to do is back off a bit and stay on the track. It may seem like you are crawling by lap 7 but you will still be going faster than the AI.

The no pit strategy is the same for DS3 and wheel users.

I have noticed that a lot of posters are saying that they went into the pits during the races despite several posts saying don't pit. You do not need to pit in ANY of the races if you start on the right tyres.

Suzuka = racing soft *
Spa = Inters
Nord = racing soft *

(* use racing hard if you want a bit more competition otherwise use the soft tyres they will last the whole race and give you that extra bit of grip)

The only race where it gets a little close to the edge is Spa where you get quite a bit of rain but the AI are going so slowly during the rain that all you need to do is back off a bit and stay on the track. It may seem like you are crawling by lap 7 but you will still be going faster than the AI.

The no pit strategy is the same for DS3 and wheel users.

I had rain at 100% from lap 8 to 10 at Spa - bit of a bummer if your sliding round on inters:nervous:
But as a rough guide to most races, this is good:tup:

I had rain at 100% from lap 8 to 10 at Spa - bit of a bummer if your sliding round on inters:nervous:
But as a rough guide to most races, this is good:tup:

The amount of rain and the time it comes is the same for all of us. It's scripted into the events and is not random or variable.

The amount of rain and the time it comes is the same for all of us. It's scripted into the events and is not random or variable.

I've run Spa three times now. The first time the rain started late on lap 1 and the track wetness went up to 91% around lap 8 before the rain stopped. The second go-around, the rain didn't start until about the beginning of the third lap, and the wetness only went up to around 35% before the rain stopped for good on lap 7. The third time I ran the race, the rain started on lap 2, wetness maximized to around 81% on lap 8, and the rain stopped.

I used the Audi R8 Team Playstation for all 3 races on inters. The first race I slid around a little bit on laps 8 and 9 due to the wetness. The second I slid around the final lap because my tires were worn from how remarkably "dry" the race was. And the third race was a piece of cake, with minimal tire wear and not enough rain to really get too slippery.

So it's not the same for every race, as pointed out by the many posts already.

Beat the 700PP race first with a detuned Sauber Mercedes C9, then, because I felt too much like a cheater I tried again with a bone stock Mercedes CLK-LM and won again. Both times I used Racing Rain tires and stayed out; it rained most of the time and the track was always wet.

Beat the 600PP tuned car championship with my trusty Audi R8 4.2 on Racing Soft tires. Took a couple tries, but it was pretty easy after I got the hang of it and quit skidding off the track on Lap 2 once it got really wet.

So far haven't been able to get higher than a silver with the Corvette challenge. I am having a hard time keeping the damn thing from fishtailing and I end up skidding into the grass and/or getting dinged with shortcut penalties; the penalties are especially frustrating since every time I get one it is from when I am just trying to maintain control of the damn car.

Haven't tried the Super GT race yet. I just dropped 950,000 on a Lexus SC race car, so I better get off my ass and try it soon.

Just did the Spa-Francorchamps race. It was surprisingly easy. Started with the Peugeot 908 on rain tires, pitted when they were wearing out, and still beat #2 by over 1m.

Are the others this simple? What's the best car for the 3 lap Nürburgring race? Sorry I don't really feel like wading through 22 pages to find an answer.

lambo gallardo,well tuned with some weight off and trans set for 200mph max ,for last long straight,starts wet but whole race on racing softs no prob...took a few tries but mainly cos i was trying too hard and getting penalties...won by 8 secs and got 1 and a half mill.

Latest Posts

Back