News from Sema

• Thread starter cudadude2
  • 758 comments
SEMA_2010_Camaro_SSX-03-1024x682.jpg

ex011.jpg

ampersand-supercar-scirocco-img1_gallery_image_large.jpg

Pics of the other contestants that I could find. Stephan Papadakis' Toyota Corolla and the Chevy Colorado are nowhere on the net, nor is Tommy Z's Camaro, although a picture of that can be found on the GTPlanet news page.

there is a big car show featuring top gear live here in the u.k starting today and runs until the 7th and then moves to another location on the 11th -14th.
Maybe a release date will be given on the 10th ? spoil the Microsoft party on the kinect release day ? :)

http://www.mphshow.co.uk

So does HPA get a free pass every time they show up or something?

I love their products, but it's the same basic formula every time. We already have two of their cars. Again, I wonder about the level of diversity we really get with these GT Awards. Ho-hum.

So does HPA get a free pass every time they show up or something?

I love their products, but it's the same basic formula every time. We already have two of their cars. Again, I wonder about the level of diversity we really get with these GT Awards. Ho-hum.

Hpa should be as a tuner in the game that's why it might not win this year again ;)

BTW: was HPA in the PSP GT game ?

LOTS and LOTS of Chevy's this year:

* “Best Truck/SUV” – Nick Moncure, 2007 Chevy Colorado
* “Best Domestic Car” – Gary Mulder, 2011 Chevy Camaro SSX Concept and Tommy Z, 2010 Chevy Camaro Super Sport
* “Best Asian Import” – Jamarii Whiteside, 2006 Subaru WRX STI and Stef Papadakis, 1986 Toyota Corolla
* “Best European Import” – Marcel Horn, 2010 HPA Scirocco
* “Best Hot Rod” – Mark Stielow, 1969 Chevy Camaro

4 out of 7 winners were Chevys. That means there was a 50% chance of the GT Award going to a Chevy.

I want the truck to win it one year.

I wonder if Kaz was walking around thinking "Hmmm...must be careful about this choice, looking for something rather simple to model for GT6."

I doubt it, but I do think that he probably doesn't want anything that looks really over the top just on the basis of it not fitting in with the rest of the cars in the series.

SEMA_2010_Camaro_SSX-03-1024x682.jpg

[IM G]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j114/waterx9/ex011.jpg[/IMG]

[IM G]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j114/waterx9/ampersand-supercar-scirocco-img1_gallery_image_large.jpg[/IMG]

Pics of the other contestants that I could find. Stephan Papadakis' Toyota Corolla and the Chevy Colorado are nowhere on the net, nor is Tommy Z's Camaro, although a picture of that can be found on the GTPlanet news page.

Why does it have vents in the rear wheel arches? Last I checked the radiator/s in a front engined car aren't at the back.

Those other cars aren't very classy either.

Why does it have vents in the rear wheel arches? Last I checked the radiator/s in a front engined car aren't at the back.

Not 100% sure on this car but maybe for brake cooling?????

I doubt it, but I do think that he probably doesn't want anything that looks really over the top just on the basis of it not fitting in with the rest of the cars in the series.

I think so too. But wouldn't the G37 from 2008 not be selected if Kaz was looking for nothing over the top? He still picked it, and PD simply stripped off all the livery and that was it. Maybe Kaz is just hungry for some good old 60's muscle cars?

semagranturismobestofsh.jpg

Not 100% sure on this car but maybe for brake cooling?????

Nar not for the rear brakes. Only the fronts would need cooling. They aren't functional and it's just an unnecessary mod for the purpose of looking cool (which is why I dislike Sema cars). Reminds me of the VE Commodore's fake vents in the front arches.

Sema didn't announce anything last night! When do you think they will?

I don't think there will be any news from sema. However I think we are gonna hear something from Sony themself very soon. If not, well I suppose they want to damage their company.

Yes, in fact this is quite common. My old IROC-Z had the fake hood vents on it. Check out some Mitsubishi 3000GTs and Dodge Stealths. Fake stock body parts are nothing new.

Oh yeah no doubt quite a few cars have them but this particular car is entered in a major car competition. If I was a judge I'd be marking down for including fake and useless parts for the sole purpose of looking cool. Bad design work. Plastic fantastic.

No wonder that red Camaro won.

Hahaha, thanks. Yeah, were were told by I think someone at sony or some interviewer that Kaz understands english but would rather not speak it. It's a japanese thing and I have witnessed it myself

I think it's less of a Japanese thing, and more down to the fact that understanding a language is significantly easier than speaking it. Same goes for most other tasks which can be divided into recognition and recall.

Those aren't even vents. They don't go all the way through. They are indentations in the plastic and painted black.

Just like the side-vents in a BMW M3.

The Camaro is a big, agressively styled American Muscle car. It falls in line with the tradition and lineage of the car. It's not a light, nimble Lotus, nor a technological wonder like the Nissan GTR. It is a big engine strapped in the front, with big hood and big styling.

They fitted them to the 1969 Camaro, which is the key inspiration for the new model. Sadly they didn't go with the prettier 67-68 look, which would have been a little more swoopy and not so chunky like the 69/09 are.

Back