MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
Wow Autopolis is no joke. This is one of the more difficult tracks in the game I think. The lack of braking markers dosen't help any. I could also care less about the next open wheel cars we are getting. I'm very happy a new track was added tho.

So do you guys want this track in the schedule? I can put it in the open spot or replace it in Redbull rings spot.

I will also keep testing tire wear under the new update to see if I need to adjust it again for next month.

Last edited:
Wow Autopolis is no joke. This is one of the more difficult tracks in the game I think. The lack of braking markers dosen't help any. I could also care less about the next open wheel cars we are getting. I'm very happy a new track was added tho.

So do you guys want this track in the schedule? I can put it in the open spot or replace it in Redbull rings spot.

I will also keep testing tire wear under the new update to see if I need to adjust it again for next month.

Agreed tricky track alright, very tricky to hook up the perfect lap but a satisfying track when you do, especially the last sector.

Sorry to everyone for missing the last race, sounds like you all had a good one!. Hoping to be back for next one.

i like the track more with the gr.3 cars than the gr.4 car in my limited testing. The new McLaren was actually very fun around Autopolis! check it out in cockpit view! :dopey:sweet :dopey:

for our series, it would definitely give the better handling cars a different chance IMO, so that might make it interesting. But if i had to vote now, i'd say skip it for Gr.4. Just one mans opinion after doing about a dozen laps only. I want to check out the SuperGT cars on it later tonight.
I am looking forward to the new open wheel cars next month. Much needed on GTSport IMO. It should open up some great series for GTP members to put together. I think they will be a lot of fun to race head-to-head.

i like the track more with the gr.3 cars than the gr.4 car in my limited testing. The new McLaren was actually very fun around Autopolis! check it out in cockpit view! :dopey:sweet :dopey:

for our series, it would definitely give the better handling cars a different chance IMO, so that might make it interesting. But if i had to vote now, i'd say skip it for Gr.4. Just one mans opinion after doing about a dozen laps only. I want to check out the SuperGT cars on it later tonight.
I am looking forward to the new open wheel cars next month. Much needed on GTSport IMO. It should open up some great series for GTP members to put together. I think they will be a lot of fun to race head-to-head.

The entire schedule this year is handling-biased, they don’t need any more help

What a race last night. I honestly thought I had something for you guys this race.. that should get a laugh.
I qualified 6th with a 2:06.468 and moved my way into 4th by lap 3 after a back and forth battle with @Standard_FV only to see the top 3 were already 17 seconds ahead of me and my dreams of finishing higher were smashed as they only kept putting massive distance on me.

So I'm still happy running 4th for the next 45 minutes knowing just how many fast racers are behind me but that gap never got above 4 seconds. After my first stop I noticed @Clean Racer and @Standard_FV could run another 4 laps more than myself so I knew it was only a matter of time before they caught me. I was 4 seconds ahead of @Standard_FV on my second pit stop and he somehow made up that time on the pit stop only to come out on my back bumper and got back around me for good. 4 laps later @Clean Racer pits and comes out ahead.
Later on @Cold Warrior was able to get ahead of me on my last pit stop and I would stay there until the end in 7th.
Just a great race everyone but @docbrown40 @WhiteFlight1 @T5Black are just insanely fast running 2:04's constantly and some even dipping down into the 2:03's :bowdown:

Good racing and nice finishes for @Clean Racer & @Standard_FV as we battled very cleanly for almost the entire race.

I'm definitely learning fast if I want to compete at this level I must get off the controller and automatic transmission as the auto hurts my fuel mileage way to much and my hands just can't keep up at this pace eventually going numb on me by the end.
I was running my quilfing pace and faster just trying to maintain my position and it caught up with me in the end.

On another note by creating a new lobby for the race the issues I was having last race were gone and I was able to run just as fast in the race as I was in full race setting practices.

I have not picked a time of day or tested the fuel and tire settings at the Nurburgring GP. I will test this out in the next few days and post the race Information.
For the record I am a controller driver. Mainly do to the expense of buy and I have no idea where to fit it in my house. I also do play more than racing games. So it would switching to non racing games annoying.

One of the perks of these long races is it allows to learn new things about the track. I believe my Qualifying time was a 2:07.6??. I slowly improved during the race. My best lap was a 2:06.0??. I don't remember the last two numbers for either time and Qualifying my be in correct.

Last edited:
First stint I drove with @Rinsky but I didn't try to battle with him, instead I tried to save as much fuel as possible by drafting behind him and shortshifting. He seemed to be doing the same thing and I understood he wouldn't try anything stupid. However, after maybe 10 laps I lost the draft and lost way to much time on worn tyres, especially since I was up against the Porsche and the Alfa Romeo belonging to @Clean Racer which are the best cars for preserving tyres, so after my first pitstop 30 minutes in I decided to pit on the same lap as @Rinsky changing from a 2 to a 3 stop strategy(knowing I wouldn't be able to catch him otherwise) thereby gaining time in the pits since I had to refuel less and then my pace started to increase with less fuel(refueled so I had about 75%) and fresher tyres but I knew that @Clean Racer would continue with his 2 stop-strategy. I had to really push it after my last pitstop(last 20 minutes), I was 15 sec behind but with new tyres and a tank with only 2/3 fuel I started gaining about 1-2 sec per lap doing 2.05s but I didn't come closer than maybe 6-7 seconds before I had to start fuelsave during the last lap.

The Hyundai wasn't one of the faster cars on the straights and the Corvette driven by @Cold Warrior annoyingly pulled away during the straights when he was ahead after my first and second pitstop.
Thank you. I tend to like cars with good straightway speed. Because even if your not faster than the car behind you. Having the better car on the straights will make it harder for them to pass you. I doesn't matter if you're faster if you can't pass them.

I've only driven 2 laps at both configurations of Autoapolis due to lack of time and I already like the place. Though as expected it lacks grip like most of the real Japanese tracks. I have no idea if it's the type of pavement they or what. My theory is that they polish their race tracks as they are always so clean looking.

Open wheel isn't my favorite but, I am interested in the Super Formula cars. I like learning about different types of racing. Super GT is great racing. I wish we got coverage in the US. Let's see what the Japanese idea of open wheel is.

I'm not opposed to Redbull Ring being replaced with Auto Polis Full Course. It's a great track.

RBR is a good track with a reasonable lap time in the Gr.4 cars. You should keep it and maybe switch it's placement in the schedule with one of the vacancies and put the full length Autopolis in its place.

I say this because the full length track would lower the chance of mid field runners or drivers who suffer incidents of getting lapped.

Racing is the best practice. Practice is good but nothing compared with having to focus while competitors are around you looking to pounce.

Another thing I'd like to say is this:

If I am coming up on a competitor and they perceive that I am faster i would like them to put up a little fight. Attack and defend but make your intentions known. I enjoy seeing that more than just holding station and not resisting. Don't weave back and forth or anything like that but definitely defend the inside line.

It is much more fun to see guys do this. In fact, several of us are getting much more consistent and faster as a result and it is very refreshing to see.

That being said, thanks Rinsky for maintaining this monthly race. It has helped many drivers. And thanks to all the drivers because it is a pleasure to race with you guys.

That being said

Autopolis Full practice tonight at about 9pm. Friends only lobby . We can discuss the settings in the lobby. 5 lap races every 15 minutes.

Anyone interested? Post in here.
I've got my Toyota 86 Racing Series tonight. Care to join us again?

RBR is a good track with a reasonable lap time in the Gr.4 cars. You should keep it and maybe switch it's placement in the schedule with one of the vacancies and put the full length Autopolis in its place.

I say this because the full length track would lower the chance of mid field runners or drivers who suffer incidents of getting lapped.

Racing is the best practice. Practice is good but nothing compared with having to focus while competitors are around you looking to pounce.

Another thing I'd like to say is this:

If I am coming up on a competitor and they perceive that I am faster i would like them to put up a little fight. Attack and defend but make your intentions known. I enjoy seeing that more than just holding station and not resisting. Don't weave back and forth or anything like that but definitely defend the inside line.

It is much more fun to see guys do this. In fact, several of us are getting much more consistent and faster as a result and it is very refreshing to see.

That being said, thanks Rinsky for maintaining this monthly race. It has helped many drivers. And thanks to all the drivers because it is a pleasure to race with you guys.

You’re not going to get that out of me, that’s not how I race, especially not in long races like this. And I always defend (and usually try to pass on) the outside, since that’s where I prefer to be 99% of the time.

Only tried the full version of autopolis and it’s a nice track, only run GR3 with a low 1.43 so it should be a nice length for GR4 too.

That being said, who knows what they are going to add in the next few months, let’s say Spa is added although I have my doubts I definitely would want that in. Just leave autopolis as provisional perhaps.

I think we have enough Japanese tracks this year. Save Autoapolis for next year.

Or as likely as you sticking around for an entire race. Lol JK

Just kidding, just kidding...none of my business, really.

I couldn't help it though.

for some reason that statement makes me think of @Infineon 's Race Livery last year...

4692772871226819640_23.jpg

Spa is very high on my wish list but, it's not number 1. My number 1 is Laguna Seca. Gran Turismo's first real life race track. First appearing in Gran Turismo 2 and has made every game since up until Gran Turismo Sport. Plus even including the original tracks. The US track selection in GT Sport is pathetic. Our only real location is Williow Springs which hasn't been a major US representative in decades.

If there is no spot in the Toyota 86 Series, I will join the Auto Polis practice lobby.

Agreed. We need Laguna Seca, Circuit of The Americas, Mid-Ohio Raceway (my home state), Road Atlanta or the Daytona Roadcourse. Mid-Ohio would be great!

Last edited:
In
If there is no spot in the Toyota 86 Series, I will join the Auto Polis practice lobby.

Agreed. We need Laguna Seca, Circuit of The Americas, Mid-Ohio Raceway (my home state), Road Atlanta or the Daytona Roadcourse. Mid-Ohio would be great!
Add to the this list Indianapolis (oval and road course), Sonoma, Watkins Glen, Road America, Lime Rock, Virginia, Portland, Sebring, Long Beach, Belle Isle, Homestead-Miami (oval and road course). I could add more.

Off topic but since some others chimed in, I would say this about what tracks I would like to see (with explanations):

Daytona (Road and Oval) - The road course creates some great racing. Some people say it's boring but I totally disagree. What it lacks in terms of its layout it more than makes up for in the action it can create.

Sebring - a bumpy and brutal track that punishes man and machine. Home of THE twelve hour race where manufacturers can make a name for themslelves.

Road America - A high speed dream. Only the most fearless dare go through "the kink" flat out.

VIR - Tight, twisty and technical. It's our version of a mini "Green Hell". I would want the old Oak tree in the GT Sport version of it.

Mosport - a fantastic Canadian track. Super fast with little margin for error. My favorite from up north, for sure.

Circuit Gilles Villeneuve - a proper street circuit named after a driver who always went for it all. A great champion. Salut Gilles!

Latest Posts

Back