MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
@Rinsky, I'd like to switch to the Jaguar please. Thanks! :cheers:

Done.

I'll try my best to be available at the December race :)

I'll pick the GT-R if it's still available

Wow I thought you had disappeared because I haven't seen you post anything in awhile. Its great to have you join us again.

The GTR is yours.

BMW M4 for me.

I already made the switch for you the other day.

Last Race of the 2018 Season

This is our last race of the 2018 season and it will be a test for all driver's during the 2.4 hours of La Mans.

We have 18 drivers signed up for this race so at this time I will not be accepting anymore entries.

Settings

2.4 hour endurance race
33 laps
45 minute Practice/Qualifying session
Track: La Sarthe
In game track time: 7:00
Grid is set by host
Class Gr4 BOP on with No Tuning.
Everyone must run a different Gr.4 car.
Race Hards / Race Med / Race Softs
Fuel X2 & Tire wear X2
No assist but ABS
Damage on Heavy
Boost Off
Slipstream Real
Track grip set to Real
All penalties set on Strong
Auto Drive off
Caution flags on
Ghosting off
Lap Cars Ghosted Off
Grid Starts

Members & Car List for December

1.Lamborghini - Cold Warrior
2.Porsche - RINSKY
3. Jaguar - Infineon
4.Viper - racer233
5.Mégane Trophy - Venster
6.Citroen - fastone371
7.Corvette - MrRacingline
8.McLaren - im2fst4u55
9.Vantage - WhiteFlight1
10.Mustang - DesertPenguin
11.Veyron - Sheldonsuckz
12.NSX - micantony
13. Ferrari - Clean Racer
14.Toyota - DirtenDK
15.Lexus- Standard_FV
16. RCZ - Bloodyboyblue - Out for Dec
17. Megane - Cooper2K
18. 4C - ConfusedAtNight
19. GTR - Alpha Cipher

There will be no qualifying for this race and the grid will be set by the following criteria

1. The grid will be set in reverse order from your finishing position from the previous race Results.
PS_Messages_20181104_172845.jpg

2. If you are joining us for the first time or rejoining us again after being absent you will be placed at the rear of the grid.

I will open the lobby up 30 minutes earlier then normal for this race to allow everyone to join in. There will be no practice beforehand.
We are using the hour we normally do qualifying an adding it to the race. The race will start at 7:00pm and end at the normal 9:30pm EST.

Lobby opens at

6:30pm EST for the US
11:30pm BST for the UK
10:30pm UTC

Race Starts exactly at

7:00pm EST for the US
12:00am BST for the UK
11:00pm UTC

During testing it seems 33 laps is the magic number to reach 2.4hr of racing. With fuel set on X2 it gives everyone around 8 laps and with X2 Tire wear all 3 compounds will last the entire fuel run but Softs are completely worn after an entire run. Mediums will be a tough call as they may or may not last 2 fuel runs depending on your car and driving style. Hards will definitely go 2 stops before needing to be changed.

This should really mix up the pit strategies especially if your looking to stay hooked up with other drivers and not get caught out alone.​

Last edited:
I just noticed the other day that PD has the NSX grouped with Honda even though it's actually an Acura NSX (of course Acura is Honda but Lexus is also Toyota yet PD keeps them seperate)

I just noticed the other day that PD has the NSX grouped with Honda even though it's actually an Acura NSX (of course Acura is Honda but Lexus is also Toyota yet PD keeps them seperate)

The NSX has always worn the Honda badge everywhere outside of North America, including the racing version (I had to look up if the Honda NSX GT3 actually raced though (it did in a few lower profile races) since it seems it’s best known for racing in IMSA, where it has the Acura badge)

The NSX has always worn the Honda badge everywhere outside of North America, including the racing version (I had to look up if the Honda NSX GT3 actually raced though (it did in a few lower profile races) since it seems it’s best known for racing in IMSA, where it has the Acura badge)

I did not know that, maybe cause it has always been an Acura here. Are Acuras sold outside of the USA?

I did not know that, maybe cause it has always been an Acura here. Are Acuras sold outside of the USA?

Mostly, according to Wikipedia they’re sold in China and a few other places. Lexus and Infiniti used to be North American exclusive as well but have expanded more recently.

SPECIAL CAR SELECTION SATURDAY

December 15th

Special Car Selection Saturday will be held on December 15th at 7:00pm EST

At the beginning of every new season the car list gets wiped clean and for those who plan on running the entire next season (2019) now have the chance to battle it out to determine their car selection position.

A Special Qualifying Session will be held so everyone will be using the same car with the same setup on the same track. Nobody will know the identity of the qualifying car or the track location until we are all in the lobby on that day including me.
I will choose one person that's not going to participate in this event to select the Car & Track for us. They will then enter the lobby on this day and reveal their choice to everyone for the first time. There will only be one restriction for the Car & Track that can be used. That is no 15 to 20 million credit cars just because not everyone has them all or can afford them all.

The person with the fastest qualifying time gets to choose their Gr.4 Car first for the season.
The Gr.4 Car selection will continue based on the qualifying times.

You will have the out lap for a warm up and then the next lap will be your qualifying lap. One lap is all you get so make it count.
Only one person will be allowed on the track at any given time during this Special Car Selection Qualifying Round. Everyone's cars will remain in the pits until your name is called upon to run your qualifying lap.

At no time will anyone be permitted on the track other than to do their qualifying lap. If you are caught driving on the track at any time other than your qualifying lap you will be disqualified from Car Selection Event.

Once you are finished with your qualifying lap please exit to the lobby screen where you can watch others run their qualifying laps. This will insure each person will have the track all to themselves but at the same time everyone will be able to watch your qualifying run (The pressures on).

I will record everyone's lap times after each run and set the grid order based on those lap times. Then we will go down that list in order based on fastest first as you will choose an Available Gr.4 Car that you wish to use for the entire season when it gets to you.

This special Qualifying Round will be held December 15th before the holidays and before New Season Begins.

Settings.
1. One lap
2. Tires will be Race Softs
4. Fuel ? & Tire wear ?
3. Track limit penalties will be set to high
4. Damage will be set to heavy

Just like in real racing push your car to hard and wreck and your qualifying run will be destroyed.
Abused the track limits and penalty will cost you a decent time.
There are some very sought after cars that will be on everyone list.
You will have to be on your best and not let the pressure or challenges facing you stand in your way for a chance at obtaining one of your top picks.

Good luck everyone.​

Last edited:
SPECIAL CAR SELECTION SATURDAY

December 15th

Special Car Selection Saturday will be held on December 15th at 7:00pm EST

At the beginning of every new season the car list gets wiped clean and for those who plan on running the entire next season (2019) now have the chance to battle it out to determine their car selection position.

A Special Qualifying Session will be held so everyone will be using the same car with the same setup on the same track. Nobody will know the identity of the qualifying car or the track location until we are all in the lobby on that day including me.
I will choose one person that's not going to participate in this event to select the Car & Track for us. They will then enter the lobby on this day and reveal their choice to everyone for the first time. There will only be one restriction for the Car & Track that can be used. That is no 15 to 20 million credit cars just because not everyone has them all or can afford them all.

The person with the fastest qualifying time gets to choose their Gr.4 Car first for the season.
The Gr.4 Car selection will continue based on the qualifying times.

You will have the out lap for a warm up and then the next lap will be your qualifying lap. One lap is all you get so make it count.
Only one person will be allowed on the track at any given time during this Special Car Selection Qualifying Round. Everyone's cars will remain in the pits until your name is called upon to run your qualifying lap.

At no time will anyone be permitted on the track other than to do their qualifying lap. If you are caught driving on the track at any time other than your qualifying lap you will be disqualified from Car Selection Event.

Once you are finished with your qualifying lap please exit to the lobby screen where you can watch others run their qualifying laps. This will insure each person will have the track all to themselves but at the same time everyone will be able to watch your qualifying run (The pressures on).

I will record everyone's lap times after each run and set the grid order based on those lap times. Then we will go down that list in order based on fastest first as you will choose an Available Gr.4 Car that you wish to use for the entire season when it gets to you.

This special Qualifying Round will be held December 15th before the holidays and before New Season Begins.

Settings.
1. One lap
2. Tires will be Race Softs
4. Fuel ? & Tire wear ?
3. Track limit penalties will be set to high
4. Damage will be set to heavy

Just like in real racing push your car to hard and wreck and your qualifying run will be destroyed.
Abused the track limits and penalty will cost you a decent time.
There are some very sought after cars that will be on everyone list.
You will have to be on your best and not let the pressure or challenges facing you stand in your way for a chance at obtaining one of your top picks.

Good luck everyone.​
No 15 to 20 million cars. So that makes 10 million Alfa eligible. Which I bet many people don't that one ether. So what happens if someone doesn't have the chosen car for this event? I do have a lot of cars in this game but, not everyone is a car collector like me.

Last edited:
Perhaps reveal the car some time in advance, so that all drivers have the opportunity to get a hold of said car before the session? :)

No 15 to 20 million cars. So that makes 10 million Alfa eligible. Which I bet many people don't that one ether. So what happens if someone doesn't have the chosen car for this event? I do have a lot of cars in this game but, not everyone is a car collector like me.
I would make sure I had at least 1mill saved up before race, 3mill if your concerned about the red bull standard. Enter the lobby, If I don't have the secret car, I'll back out, go buy it, then rejoin, and I'm sure the 10mill Alfa Romeo is included in restriction.

You really read to much into things. Whoever I pick to choose the car and track will make sure its something easily attainable for someone to get if they don't already own it.
Why you always think something is going to be on the extreme side is beyond me.

Perhaps reveal the car some time in advance, so that all drivers have the opportunity to get a hold of said car before the session? :)

That defeats the entire purpose of this event. Nobody will know the car or track before they enter the lobby. You will have one lap to put in a qualifying run with out any practice. Nobody will have an advantage go into this. If you don't own the car then back out and buy it. With most of us having raced in the endurance race for almost a year I would expect everyone to already own all the common cars in this game. I promise It's not going to be some off the wall weird or expensive car that has the likelyhood of people not having already.

Car is looking good.
I should be right there as a midfield racer but the Ferrari is stronger down those straights than my car.
I've been practicing but being at a huge car disadvantage I don't think there is much I can really do other than going for some extreme pit strategies towards the end to make up ground.

Back