Next Motosport Series to be in Gran Turismo

• Thread starter GT6mebe
  • 292 comments

What Motorsport Series do you want or to be improved

• Total voters
I think it would be DTM or WEC/Le Mans those already have a good amount of cars but GT1 licence is owned by EA and i think we all know how that is going to turn out *cough Porsche cough*

I'd love for point to point races added, that's why i voted other. Real world(or fake) country 2 lane roads, very light traffic areas, 5 lane highways with heavy to medium traffic, touge roads, and timed races & leaderboards of point A to point B(with no traffic)... Basically just a real world environment of any kind(PD please add!!!)

The Toscana point to point race in the Lamborghini during the Grand Tour in special events was some of the most fun in A-spec, if not the most fun, in all of GT5 spec modes(not online).

I won't lie, love GT5, an absolute die-hard fan since the first GT, but I also used to play Test Drive 5 on PSone(awesome game to play with a group of friends locally, probably better than the 1st two GTs in that aspect alone, Gran Turismo had it beat everywhere else) & recently bought TDU2, and let me tell you all, in GT5 you don't ever get a real sense of a cars true speed(& somewhat it's true handling, but the feel of 100 mph+ speed is the main missing element), while driving around a closed circuit.

I can be on SSRt7 in an X1 driving 300 mph & it feels dull(if not slow). Driving an Audi TTS on the public roads and highways of Ibiza or Oahu at 120 mph max(in TDU2, cars whizzing by and passing others while swerving into oncoming traffic) feels much faster than 120 in any car, on any track in GT5(save maybe Nurburgring).

I'm not trying to bash GT5 here, because I love it & don't ever(rarely) play any other game, I'm just trying to help it out. You asked what type races I'd like to see added to GT5(or 6), and that is it! Everything else is just perfect. C'mon!!!... Who's not down with a good old fashion illegal street race(from point A to point B)?!

This IS the Real Driving Simulator, right?

Last edited:
All of it.

Touring cars, club racing and historic-y stuff would be my focus, though.
I like the Trucks suggestion, too. I would add: motorbikes.

They need to overhaul anything WRC ingame, I'm tired of driving on dirt, and feeling like I'm on ice, I can understand with larger, heavier cars, with RWD, but not with AWD group B rally cars. And we could use D1 friendly tracks, that also includes the occasional togue track here or there......And bikes.

I though I was the only one to really want Dakar! I've been dreaming of some sort of "desert mode" where you only get an arrow pointing where you should go and you could race Pajero Rally Raid Cars and have a jolly good time.

I doubt it'll happen though. I really love the Dakar, been watching it closely now and day by day I have more respect for the people who race it and more ambition to go there myself some day. Only in my dreams......

Classic racing!! Everything from Silverstone Classic :)

A great championship would be the classic touring cars like GT Legends.

wasn't FIA GT an DTM planned for GT5, but got canceled?
(or postponed)

I thought this was the case as well? Anyways I voted for FIA GT, Historical Racing(om nom nom), and V8 Supercars. I didn't vote for it, but what about Indycar? Has there even been any games involving Indy Car recently? I wouldn't mind seeing a few make an appearance.

You should add 'Improve SuperGT'.. so much cars and tracks are missing from that series also I don't want to race against rally cars when I select a GT300 car or against the old '67 Ford and the like when I select a GT500 car.

I voted historic, fia, dtm and other. Super GT additions, Belcar, btcc and wtcc (or whatever it is called now) being other. Also, I find it oddly satisfying that nascar has the fewest votes for a car series.

finnracer
BTCC - with a wide variety of cars and all of the tracks, that is all :D

Yes, i agree. I want the BTCC badly, only because we can't have the Australian V8 supercars. Everytime i watch the BTCC, it produces some of the most exciting races out there.

They REALLY need to make more of their current licenses before they start acquiring more.

- NASCAR was woefully underused in GT5 with only a couple of tracks and no real series to speak of.
- WRC was woefully underused with a handful of very unrealistic rally tracks and barely any events for them.
- GT500/GT300 had a good selection of cars and a fair few tracks but in A-Spec mode had a pathetic 3 race non championship event and nothing for the GT300s.
- The Top Gear license was wasted, poor implentation of the track, bizarre boring events and no reasonably priced car with laptimes.

I voted for FIA. I think if they just threw in a little more variety as far as body parts and added in a livery editor we wouldnt be to far off. Also, if they added in a livery editor they wouldnt have to worry about any kind of licensing issues. At least I wouldnt think so.

I voted for FIA. I think if they just threw in a little more variety as far as body parts and added in a livery editor we wouldnt be to far off. Also, if they added in a livery editor they wouldnt have to worry about any kind of licensing issues. At least I wouldnt think so.

I agree!

SCCA Club Racing, please. Stays true to the roots of GT by focusing on mildly modified street cars, and gives the "it's worthless unless it's some real sanctioning body!" crowd something to be happy about.

Of course, include CASC and whatever other countries' variants there are.

I would imagine that an updated GT500 and GT300 would be on the cards surely?? Would allow them to introduce the HSV-010 GT500 and the Subaru BRZ GT300 car, updated liveries for the Nissan and Lexus teams. Could also then give us race versions of the BMW Z4, Ferrari 430 and 458, Lamborghini Gallardo etc.

Select teams and drivers from the lower menu on the left of this page...

honda-hsv010-gt1.jpg

subaru-brz-gt300-race-car_100371804_m.jpg

EDIT: the 2012 Honda is different as it is a revised NSX with a front mounted engine and hybrid technology in a new class. Suspect that there will still be some HSV-010 teams running as well in the GT500 class.

01-1.jpg

They should make WRC championship even with some good stages made in track editor and get Nicky Grist to read the notes! That shouldn't be too hard :)

I voted for Other (ILMC or ALMS). We have Spa and La Sarthe. We have a good set of LMP and high-end GT cars, but there's no form of a series or multi-class layout to make it work.

Off Topic: Why did we not get a Day/Night Spa?

I'd rather them actually work on developing Super GT and doing it right before anything else. Right now there's just a mish-mash of GT500s, with 9 cars from 2008, but they are completely unbalanced against each other. I'd like to see an entire grid year of GT500s, say the 13 cars from 2010 or the 15 cars from 2011, and have them all pretty close in performance. I don't really care about GT300, but there could be more of them as well (a whole grid is very unrealistic though). They could also bring back Motegi or introduce Okayama or Sugo.

If i had to pick something new, it would be DTM.
EDIT: the 2012 Honda is different as it is a revised NSX with a front mounted engine and hybrid technology in a new class. Suspect that there will still be some HSV-010 teams running as well in the GT500 class.
The NSX isn't coming back. All 5 Honda teams will run the HSV again next season. And I'm pretty sure they won't be hybrids yet, those rules are planned for the future but I don't think they will be implemented in 2012. The regulations for 2012 haven't been published yet though, funny enough.

Last edited:
DTM is the most realistic option, (if we're talking a brand new class) considering there are only 3 manufacturers in the series Audi, Mercedes, BMW. And since all 3 brands are in the game already I think it would also be the easiest option for PD. 3-4 car models, a few different liveries, done.

Plus i would get to drive the new A5 DTM car...

audi-dtm-a5.jpg

must-not-fap.jpg

Last edited:
WRC. GT5 could make an awesome WRC game.. Long, real (ish) stages, lot's of new and old cars, tweaked physics, etc.. It could be great. Imagine the huge single player career possible. Too bad it'll never happen because Kaz and PD don't give flying crap about a good solid A-Spec or career mode anymore like they used too.

BWX
WRC. GT5 could make an awesome WRC game.. Long, real (ish) stages, lot's of new and old cars, tweaked physics, etc.. It could be great. Imagine the huge single player career possible. Too bad it'll never happen because Kaz and PD don't give flying crap about a good solid A-Spec or career mode anymore like they used too.

I agree rally is a really under rated thing in Gt5....there are hardly people playing it online when I play which is a shame because the physics are not bad. They just need better tracks talking about twisty finland tracks and a good online mode.

I would imagine that an updated GT500 and GT300 would be on the cards surely?? Would allow them to introduce the HSV-010 GT500 and the Subaru BRZ GT300 car, updated liveries for the Nissan and Lexus teams. Could also then give us race versions of the BMW Z4, Ferrari 430 and 458, Lamborghini Gallardo etc.

Those 2012 Super GT's look really nice especially that HSV :drool: I totally forgot about GT300 not having enough premium cars. Also there are a few tracks missing too the most important being motegi.

DTM is the most realistic option, (if we're talking a brand new class) considering there are only 3 manufacturers in the series Audi, Mercedes, BMW. And since all 3 brands are in the game already I think it would also be the easiest option for PD. 3-4 car models, a few different liveries, done.

I agree it seems the most realistic with not too many manufacturers and as far as tracks go it seems the only ones missing are Hockenheim and maybe Norisring the latter being easy to model I hope.

Also I think D1 would be the hardest thing to do in terms of an A Spec mode....I mean you would have to teach the AI how to drift correctly.
However with some more cars and Ebisu (please PD) online it could be great and take the drifting community to a more serious level. Stuff like this:

SimonK
They REALLY need to make more of their current licenses before they start acquiring more.

- NASCAR was woefully underused in GT5 with only a couple of tracks and no real series to speak of.
- WRC was woefully underused with a handful of very unrealistic rally tracks and barely any events for them.
- GT500/GT300 had a good selection of cars and a fair few tracks but in A-Spec mode had a pathetic 3 race non championship event and nothing for the GT300s.
- The Top Gear license was wasted, poor implentation of the track, bizarre boring events and no reasonably priced car with laptimes.

This post is almost word for word what I wad going to say as I read through the thread. Polyphony woefully underutilized the licenses they had. It's not enough to say that you've got them - DO something with them. They would have made good Seasonals having updated challenges. But then we're all experts in hindsight....

I would love to see the FIA GT1 World Championship. Great range of manufacturers and race cars, relatively evenly matched too. Would be a good way to get some great new real world circuits too.

I'd also love to see the Japanese Touring Car Championship circa 1990-1993 in the Group A era. We have the 1993 Calsonic Group A GT-R as an standard car.

Imagine a grid of Premium Group A R32 GT-Rs - Calsonic, Unisia Jecs, Fet Sports, BP, Kyoseki, STP Taisan, HKS, Reebok - and Premium E30 BMW M3s as well as Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500s. All in full race trim. Drop in the Australian Group A R32 GT-Rs (1991 Gibson Motorsport #1 and #2 cars and the GIO car) and some of the Australian and international RS500 Sierras to flesh out the grid a little and it would be a magnificent thing. Perhaps it could morph into Gran Turismo's classic Group A race series? I'd give body parts to have a full suite of Premium Group A R32 GT-Rs, accurately modelled and with accurate engine recordings and transmission whine.

Search YouTube for an onboard of the Calsonic R32 GT-R from the Nismo Festival of a few years ago. After a couple of laps the driver opens it up and the noise of the twin turbo RB26DETT and transmission whine is intoxicating.

I would love to see some touringcars-series like BTCC and WTCC. And of course DTM. As long as we get the cars. All the official circuits would be nice but almost impossible for PD to add in the GT-world.

open wheelers in general, but most importantly a better use of their current licenses. None of them is implemented at all really.

In the end no game or sim can have everything that's being requested, that's why you have to look after it in others such as in simbin games (most of what's requested here), f1 2011 (not realistic but has all the cars and tracks) and "soon" rfactor2 (that monaco video is simply superb)

Back