Next Motosport Series to be in Gran Turismo

• Thread starter GT6mebe
  • 292 comments

What Motorsport Series do you want or to be improved

• Total voters
I wouldn't mind seeing an expansion of the NASCAR aspect of the game. Not just more real world tracks, but maybe include some historic cars as well.

Would be cool to take Bobby Allison's '73 AMC Matador up against Petty's Charger.

I voted DTM as we have a large majority of DTM cars in the game.

Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93
Audi Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02
Audi A4 Touring Car '04
BMW 320i Touring Car '03
Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08
Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car '00
Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II Touring Car '92
Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car '00
Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car '94

Add a few more touring cars from various eras EG. Sierra Cosworth, Volvo 850 etc and some modern DTM cars from Audi, BMW, Mercedes.

Add one livery editor and BAM, you got some DTM!

Could also say the same for World Sports Car Racing as we already have:

Toyota 88CV
Toyota GTONE
Nissan R89C
Nissan R29CP
Jaguar XJR-9
Sauber Mercedes C9
Peugeot 905C
Mazda 787B

With Bathurst announced, I think a few (modern) V8 Supercars are definitely needed. However, Forza already has them, just not sure if it's an exclusive license...

I wonna see Truck racing/ Drifting come in. i wonna do this..
DSC1468_copy.jpg

Personally i would love to see the ETCC from the 70's and 80's involved in GT6, that would be fantastic.Beats V8 Supercars any day of the week.

I'd like to see the Paris Dakar in there too, but doubt it will be in, because of the choice of vehicles.

So what about the TransAfricaine Classic Rally then, this is where you take any classic 4x4 ( Range Rovers, Landcruisers, Land Rovers etc ) and take it to the Africa desert.

Plus i would like to see the WTCC in GT6 too with Porsche 935 and BMW CSL's.

Last edited:
How about Rally Cross? it would be fun short sprint races, choosing whether to have your car set up for dirt or track or a balance of both...

F1, come on guys. There's only 2 F1 cars (not including the Formula Gran Turismo). And they are fron Ferrari.

The people who run Formula 1 are very controlling and they can put varying levels of stress on a publisher and/or developer, in this case, PD and SCE. Licensing and contracts are very binding, and I don't think anybody wants to be controlled like that.

Think about it. He has to pay licensing fees for new cars, pay funds for GT6, and keep the company running, and more. Plus, he has to invest his money wisely. Buying an F1 license probably leaves you cringing, and with most of the money gone, that'll probably be the only new main things in the game and everything else with empty spaces that are to be filled.

And even if Polyphony could get the Formula 1 licence off Codemasters, they probably wouldn't be able to include the series in GT6. The licence would call for them to make yearly standalone games.

They can remove some of the bad aftertaste of NASCAR and WRC in GT5 by implementing those properly and completely first. But really, I don't care what they add as long as they don't do it half-assed like in GT5.

Personally I want a touge mode. I would love driving down tight twisty canyon roads in GT. it would also be great for drifters, and pikes peak would fit right in. That being said why not add an official drift league in like D1?

Anyone think that with all of the RM and TC cars that PD have added there could be some kind of GT touring car championship?

Me 👍

They can even add it to GT5 already, but PD and Kaz seem to be determined to do nothing in terms of improving A-Spec events... 👎

As for GT6... earlier this year it was reported that people from PD were scaning Mount Panorama :), so my guess is that V8 Supercars are coming for GT6... 👍

I do think though, like Prologue's inclusion of Daytona hinted at NASCAR, that Indianapolis in GT5 hints at the IndyCar Sires in GT6.

I don't think they included Indianapolis to hint at anything in the future. IMO the added it because it wouldn't seem enough with just one oval, especially when NASCAR is in the game. Another thing is there are many more important racing series that I'm sure PD would want to add to the game before IndyCar.

If they were to hint at anything they would do it in GT6 Prologue if there's going to be one, or in a final update late in the GT5 life.

I for one would love to see F1, V8 Supercars and LMS/GT3 classes, although F1 probably wont make it because of the huge costs.

Voted for FIA, DTM, Nascar, WRC, and Other

What is the other?

I would love to see Grand-Am be represented in Gran Turismo.

Well open wheel racing would be hard to incorporate in to a mass game, physics and tire degradation etc. offroad is to vast to include to with long, open courses. Touring car seems easiest to add as its just modifying road cars (then they can add the road car equivalent). And a few circuits from each series.

I'd go with D1GP, or any drifting motorsport since it's one that's quite different then others where it's "only" racing. Drifting is radically different then most of the suggestions and as per forum posts I'd say it's one of the most practiced in GT5 behind regular racing.

Latest Posts

Back