NFL General Discussion

Three first round picks?

Wow, the Rams certainly got a pretty sweet deal.

This surprised me actually, I really thought the Browns would deal for the #2 pick.

Last edited:
Spacegoat
Three first round picks?

Wow, the Rams certainly got a pretty sweet deal.

This surprised me actually, I really thought the Browns would deal for the #2 pick.

What other team would be stupid enough to give up more than that much? I guess Cleveland knew better.

That trade is a scary thought for the Seahawks down the road. The Rams already have their franchise QB and with that many first rounders coming in the coming years I'm not looking forward to that... Yikes.

Basically they're giving up two additional first-rounders (the swap this year falls into their favor) and another second rounder. If they're lucky they will have Cam Newton Lite. Yeah, they do have a ton of cap space this offseason so they will probably overpay to bring in Vincent Jackson as well, maybe they might be able to get some other pieces for the offensive line (but there really aren't many special options out there). I really don't like this trade for Washington and it only works if RGIII ends up being a top 5 or 10 quarterback.

Still, a big time overpay.

@Omnis: We have Fred Davis and.......:banghead: @Noob: Yes, awful football trade, because all you get for that is a pick, no players with it. We couldn't have grabbed a wr in that trade? However if RG3 ends up being great, it's worth it. But, we have no O-Line to block, no receivers to catch, Evan Royster is only an average runningback.

@Omnis: We have Fred Davis and.......:banghead: @Noob: Yes, awful football trade, because all you get for that is a pick, no players with it. We couldn't have grabbed a wr in that trade? However if RG3 ends up being great, it's worth it. But, we have no O-Line to block, no receivers to catch, Evan Royster is only an average runningback.

Who did you have in mind? :lol: It's a pick swap not a player swap. As noted in my previous post, the Redskins will end up overpaying for Jackson or Colston in free agency since they have so much cap room to work with.

Who did you have in mind? :lol: It's a pick swap not a player swap. As noted in my previous post, the Redskins will end up overpaying for Jackson or Colston in free agency since they have so much cap room to work with.

Amendola lmao.

:lol: Redskins stripped of over $30MM in cap space! So much for RGIII's future!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ps-cowboys-redskins-of-millions-in-cap-space/

Um...I have to say I'm not thrilled with that idea, and I have no love for the Redskins nor Cowboys. Nearly everyone thinks players get paid too much, and when they take/get less, there's ramifications from the league. Then again, pro-sports seem to violate nearly every aspect of basic economic sense.

Maybe I'm missing something; perhaps the front-end signing bonus needs to go away.

Maybe I'm missing something; perhaps the front-end signing bonus needs to go away.

Well that's exactly it. The Cowboys and Redskins abused the cap-free 2011 even though the league warned them not to do so and now they have to pay the consequences. One of the Cowboys recievers (I forget who, but I can look it up if you want) got paid $17 million last year. Blatant front-loading and clear abuse of the uncapped year. No WR makes that kinda cash.

THIS JUST IN...

Randy Moss inked a deal to play for the San Francisco 49ers. No real info on contract specifics or anything. I just saw this on Sportscenter. Thoughts on how Randy Moss will do for the Niners?

[UPDATE] It's a one-year deal for Randy Moss to play for the 49ers.

Last edited:
Damn my Redskins. At least I can still win in Madden... There was no cap, how can you face penalties when you could spend as much as you want? The No Fun League!

Randy Moss should be a great, cheap fit for the 49ers. Fun Fact: Due to Union rules, no players on the roster were allow to throw to Moss for his workout, so Harbaugh threw to him. Can you imagine Andy Reid doing that? :lol:

Moss shows up to play when he's motivated to win and the 49ers are favored to win the division and have every expectation to make another Superbowl run. Winning expectations = Happy Randy. Happy Randy = One of the most dangerous recievers to ever play the game. As long as he's healthy, I want him on my team.

I think Randy Moss will still be a solid player even heading into this upcoming season. Probably expecting him to catch a good number of passes and go for long yardage for the 49ers.

Okay... something within me had to make me say this: "straight cash, homey/homie!" :)

Okay... something within me had to make me say this: "straight cash, homey/homie!" :)

:lol:

Couple of big free agent signings already,

Vincent Jackson joins the Bucs.

Cortland Finnegan joins the Rams.

And the Fins have traded [URL='http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/7682163/2012-nfl-free-agency-miami-dolphins-trade-brandon-marshall-chicago-bears"] Brandon Marshall [/URL] to the Bears for two third round draft picks.

That Brandon Marshall trade is outstanding. Great move by both teams.

UPDATE: It looks like Carlos Rogers will be staying around. I thought he'd be off to greener pastures and a bigger wallet elsewhere. Awesome! :D

Last edited:
I learned earlier today that the Texans let go of Matt Leinart. So I wonder who (if anyone) we'll get at QB to go with Matt Schaub, T.J. Yates, and Jake Delhomme. It was still back-breaking to see both Matts go down leaving T.J. Yates to soldier on under center for the Texans. I'm still excited and proud for my boys for next season.

"Super Mario" should be a great fit for almost any team. He'll always be remembered as the guy who went #1 over Vince Young and Reggie Bush when my Texans went 2-14 and needed some sort of help. I guess since the change to the 3-4 defensive alignment, he hasn't been as effective. Mario Williams is still a great player. Whomever takes him will have a very good player on D.

That Brandon Marshall trade is outstanding. Great move by both teams.

UPDATE: It looks like Carlos Rogers will be staying around. I thought he'd be off to greener pastures and a bigger wallet elsewhere. Awesome! :D

Seriously? We turned two 2nd rounders (like... Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez) into two 3rd rounders, AND gave away the Pro Bowl MVP.

Woo-sah, woo-sah... is all I can say. I trust in Philbin and his master binder.

The only thing that makes sense now is trading those 3rd rounders to Cleveland in a package for the chance to pick up Blackmon. Or Michael Floyd with Cleveland's later pick. Or that dude from GT who had the excellent combine.

I thought this would be great news that Manning and Reggie Wayne would come to Miami Gardens, but now that Wayne re-signed with Indy that idea is in pieces.

Damn it, man. Very stressful being a Dolfan.

Edit: MARSHALL CLOBBERED SOME GIRL IN THE FACE AT DUH CLUB LOLOLOL!

Trust in Philbin. Always.

Last edited:
I hope, I really hope, I am literally begging for the Jets to sign Eric Winston and LaRon Landry. The Jets have a huge hole at OT because their OT named Wayne Hunter is essentially invisible and allows Sanchez to be clobbered on every play. The Jets also need a safety that is strong enough so they don't get burned on slot WR.

It is rumored that Santana Moss is on the chopping block in DC. Don't really see a point in this move, unless Washington thinks the 3 receivers they signed yesterday are better, or its for cap room. Redskins Front Office needs to be fired.

It is rumored that Santana Moss is on the chopping block in DC. Don't really see a point in this move, unless Washington thinks the 3 receivers they signed yesterday are better, or its for cap room. Redskins Front Office needs to be fired.

The Redskins brass has been brain-dead for years.

I hope, I really hope, I am literally begging for the Jets to sign Eric Winston and LaRon Landry. The Jets have a huge hole at OT because their OT named Wayne Hunter is essentially invisible and allows Sanchez to be clobbered on every play. The Jets also need a safety that is strong enough so they don't get burned on slot WR.

Don't worry. Sparano will fix the Jets by bringing in Chad Henne and Marc Colombo. :lol:

Henne to Jacksonville, joining Laurent Robinson, who continues the theme of WRs being ridiculously overpaid.

Mario Williams to Buffalo.

Wow, Williams to Buffalo? He got paid but that's about it lol. Saw that Marshall was traded to Chicago. At least now Cutler has a legitimate reciever, providing Marshall doesn't get arrested for something stupid like punching a lady in da face!

Dolphins are aggressively pursuing Matt Flynn. I assume this means no Manning. Flynn will probably end up like Matt Cassel, a decent starter. Though, just average. Nothing extraordinary.

Latest Posts

Back