NFL General Discussion

Any chance that the Dolphins are going to make a move for a semi-disgruntled Drew Brees, or did the Saints give him a Franchise Tag?

Here is the schedule for my Texans in 2012:

--- Preseason ---
* 8/11 - @ Carolina
* 8/18 - San Francisco
* 8/25 - @ New Orleans
* 8/30 - Minnesota

--- Regular Season ---
* 9/9 - Dolphins
* 9/16 - @ Jacksonville
* 9/23 - @ Denver
* 9/30 - Tennessee
* 10/8 - @ Jets (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* 10/14 - Green Bay (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* 10/21 - Baltimore
{BYE WEEK}
* 11/4 - Buffalo
* 11/11 - @ Chicago (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* 11/18 - Jacksonville
* 11/22 - @ Detroit (THANKSGIVING DAY FOOTBALL)
* 12/2 - @ Tennessee
* 12/10 - @ New England (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* 12/16 - Indianapolis
* 12/23 - Minnesota
* 12/30 - @ Indianapolis

How about THAT schedule? I guess when you finally become relevant, you get more favorable schedules. This one is going to be tough for my boys. I think we can win a good number of those games. But man... this is a meat grinder of a schedule. Two Monday Night games, two Sunday night games, and you get to see my boys on Thanksgiving day. All we have to do is play up to that schedule and show we're better than we've ever been. It will be the Texans' what, 11th season? Got to earn this one.

Any chance that the Dolphins are going to make a move for a semi-disgruntled Drew Brees, or did the Saints give him a Franchise Tag?

Can they even do that? That would be ultimate balls.

Actually, I think Troy Aikman is probably one of the most underrated quarterbacks of all time. I suppose he had a lot of weapons, but winning three titles with two coaches through incredible pressure while dealing with an egotistical owner... does take some skill. He's never in anyone's conversation about some if the greatest, for some reason.

It is because of Roger Staubach to be honest. He set the standard for Cowboys Quarterbacks in the NFL by participating in 5 Super Bowls, 4 as a starter and won 2.

And as for Goodell upholding the Peyton suspension, of course he is going to do that. He is personally invested in that whole Bounty scandal. That assistant made a fool out of him, so he is going to come down hard on that team.

I just heard on AM 640 that the Dolphins may be looking to get a QB in the draft.I think they are going for Tannehill.

To be honest I think he would be a great pick.

Tannehill might be a good pick, but we'd have to wait a while I think. I'm worried about the screw in his foot. Aaron Rodgers was complete crap for his first 3 years, but McCarthy and Philbin turned him into a beast.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Fins took Fletcher Cox or Luke Keuchly. I also wonder if they would trade down and be able to grab Mark Barron and a pass rusher or wide receiver with the other picks. Maybe Weeden is still there. Who knows. I can honestly say that I'm totally without a clue as to what's going to happen. But I can probably tell you what the rest of the draft will look like after the top 10 have been selected.

I'll be hosting another one this year. I will post the details when the time gets closer.

I'd be interested in one. Although I'd probably lose even though I know football.

Tim Tebow as a punt protector for the New York Jets. How do you like THIS usage for a former QB on a team like the Jets?

Tim Tebow as a punt protector for the New York Jets. How do you like THIS usage for a former QB on a team like the Jets?
Its good. Saves Conner from getting beat up. However, if the team doesn't add an OL to replace the non-existent Patrick Turner then its a moot point, he will be hurt quickly.

TIME FOR THE DRAFT BABEH!

Man, I hope don't do something dumb here. Seriously, just take Kuechly. I honestly have no idea what's going to happen and I'm super nervous/excited. I hope he won't end up with Brock "Twilight" Osweiler. Will be interesting to see whether or not Mike Sherman believes in Tannehill.

I kind of wish our D-line didn't already have a bunch of newly signed guys and 2010's 1st round pick, because Fletcher Cox is a beast.

Then there's Coby Fleener. In an ideal world, we would have been able to suck hard enough to get Kuechly and trade up for Fleener. But if we could have sucked that hard, we might as well have Luck Sucked.

God damn Colts.

I would have thought you would be happy to get Tannehill? Obviously not, it seems. :lol:

I was calling for Keuchly for weeks. Dansby came to minicamp a fatass AGAIN. He's dumber than a box of rocks and he's not the model linebacker that you need leading the defense. This reminds me of the 2007 draft where we passed on Patrick Willis and drafted Ted Ginn. At least we got the QB this time.

I'm not too thrilled because I'm worried about the screw in Tannehill's foot and I the last thing we need is a Miami Sanchize situation down the road since Tannehill doesn't have a large body of work in Texas.

But I trust Philbin and Sherman, so if they want to hitch up to Ryan Tannehill then I'm down with the plan. I just don't think he was a top 10 guy. Wish they could've traded down and still got him. Problem was all the trades that were going to happen already happened. Hope we have a good rest of the draft, because the Patriots are going to be ridiculous.

I'm sort of angry with the Cowboys right now. They traded up to #6 to pick Morris Claiborne a CB out of LSU. I know that there was a team need at CB with Newman traded to the Bears, but we have two Safeties that don't know how to do the Cover-2 worth of rubbish and needed to be gone in an instant. They didn't even try to get a round 2 pick out of somebody.

Out of all teams, I think the Cleveland Browns had the worst draft possible in terms of paying way too much for what they got. Trading away 4 picks to move up one slot by logic (I don't care if someone else moved up) is borderline moronic. Weeden is 28 years old (making him old) and now they want to trade McCoy (logical, but still I think they should have done something else). They need to draft another QB in the late rounds probably.

Back