NFS Hot Pursuit 3

Well I told him to quit online racing. I have nothing against him playing the game but I don't really like him playing online and chatting with people so I try to keep him away from that.

Just rented this game and basically free roamed for about an hour. So much fun, especially when you get on to those snowy wet mountain twisties. Rapid responce missions are also really fun. Trying out all those cars.

Have to bump this thread to ask a question. Has anyone here downloaded the two online modes? If so, are they worth getting? Do you get a lot of people to play against online with in these modes?

On a side note, decided to download the Super Sports pack. I can't get enough of this game. :D

You may as well skip Armed and Dangerous... Most Wanted is good, but it's hard to find people to play with, and Arms Race is just dumb.

You may as well skip Armed and Dangerous... Most Wanted is good, but it's hard to find people to play with, and Arms Race is just dumb.

I thought so. Even though it means not getting platinum on the game, I think I'll pass.

Platinum doesn't require DLC stuff..... The platinum was out on release date...you just won't get 100%

I got the Platinum today:D Awesome game, very forgiving and acessible, tons of fun. A bit more content in career mode (not counting DLC) wouldn't hurt, but playing online and reaching level 20 as cop and racer was very cool. If you finished all events and still are not on level 20 I advice you to repeat your favourite events with cars that you don't use usually and play some online, so its fun and not boring. I enjoyed, hope you guys have too.
I would love to buy the Lamborghini pack (3 of my favourite cars:drool: *Lambo Diablo*:D)
About the Rapid Response events, they are not hard, the times are actually pretty acessible if you drive fast, but no need to worry, take sortcuts, drift and drift on turns NOT in oncoming, nitro right after corners, on straights go oncoming so you can win nitrous, and RELAX. In highways, NEVER go oncoming, and when you spot two or more cars at the same time, slow down a bit. It's better that getting penalties that distract you and provoce frustration. Hope it helps, if not, well...at least I got the Platinum:sly:

Last edited:
I enjoyed this game went it first came out, but the novelty quickly wore off. I ended up pining for chase hq!

NEVER go oncoming, and when you spot two or more cars at the same time, slow down a bit.

Always go oncoming whenever possible... you're capping off potential boost gain if you don't.

Never go Oncoming in Rapid Response with the same mindset; Cops don't get boost for travelling on the wrong side of the road nor oncoming near misses.

Oncoming on highways is really very smart isn't? Really fast speed and oncoming traffic is really smart isn't? :rolleyes: If you have the skill (as I do:sly: and you I guess for what u saying) then it can be good, but looking at so many complains...and I'm talking about rapid responses, as well as normal races. The rubberband AI will never get too far, so if you go safely on your side, its easier.

I'm just talking about my strategies so I could win the stuff bro.

Last edited:
Driving on the oncoming side at a high speed,especially on the highway is essential. You're letting lots of potential boost go to waste if you don't. I've been driving oncoming on the highways many many times and dodging traffic isn't all too difficult for the most part.

I know mate, but remember that it takes skill and rapid reflexes. Those guys complaining about this for having any oportunity to win they should keep to the right side of the track. If the driving is good, they can keep top speed and the nitrous gained for near misses and slipstream other opponents is more than enough. Online is another story, but thats not the problem for now I guess.

Why settle for one route, when there could be one that will lead to faster times? It shouldn't matter if it's more difficult to get around; if it'll shave a second off, it's worth it. Difficulty can be overcome, but taking safe routes will only take you so far.

Everybody has its playing style. I chosed mine, and am almost always on top of my speedwall, and the Platinum is already on my Trophy case, so I really don't care:sly: Also online I kicked lots of level 20 asses while only was level 4 and 5 (after that only played offline) so...

Lots of level 20 players weren't good back then, and there are still a lot of level 20s that aren't good now. :P

Though there are "styles" or different driving methodologies in this game, I personally and firmly believe there is one definite way that far exceeds every other one. kind of like "the perfect line", if you will. I haven't discovered it yet.

Actually, since you seem to be quite competitive at this game, why don't you join the weekly time trial we call Event of the Week over at Burning Rubber Forums? All this serious talk has got me interested in seeing how great you are.

WOW that Stellarskills guy was so annoying. He wouldn't stop blocking me and ended up letting MuoNiuLa hang around in first place forever... I knew he wasn't as good as I was in the corners so when he was making a turn I slid my car into him and forced him to grind with the fence.

But that was good stuff MuoNiuLa, for someone who hasn't played much, you're certainly a lot better than a lot of people!
👍

WOW that Stellarskills guy was so annoying. He wouldn't stop blocking me and ended up letting MuoNiuLa hang around in first place forever... I knew he wasn't as good as I was in the corners so when he was making a turn I slid my car into him and forced him to grind with the fence.

But that was good stuff MuoNiuLa, for someone who hasn't played much, you're certainly a lot better than a lot of people!
👍

I think I know who you're talking about. Was he driving a red Porsche? Because I remember being blocked by one in one of the races. :ouch:

And thanks! I didn't expect the old Porsche 911 to do so well. :lol:

You are quite competitive yourself, especially on Autolog. Would love to race you again sometime. 👍

That dude really ticked me off, be cause it wasn't like he was good at all anyway... I knew he would block me at points so I would feign an overtake from the left swerve right on reaction to his reaction....I did this right in front of you too :P The 911 is a really good car for its tier, I'd use it, but I hate using cars with massive amounts of oversteer during drifts in this game.

I just bought HP today and I should get it Fri/Sat and I'd be interested in getting my arse atomically kicked by some of you guys, so is the lag/connection on the PS3 alright? My connection is pretty good on Black Ops (have played some 3-Bar games with a West Coast host (idunrhymedlol)).

Connection is pretty good, you'll encounter "teleporters" once in a while though...and if everyone seems to be teleporting, then it's you who's lagging :lol:

playing Hot Pursuit mode needs a good connection, but not for races.

AOS is beatable... There's 2 people I know who are significantly better than I am.

Finally got the game and have been having a blast with it, although the steering needed getting used to first. The only gripe is that I like only two songs. Time to get the HP2 soundtrack :dopey:

Finally got the game and have been having a blast with it, although the steering needed getting used to first. The only gripe is that I like only two songs. Time to get the HP2 soundtrack :dopey:

I only like one! Edge of the Earth.

I've had custom soundtrack for as long as I can remember.... First it was a bunch of techno and pop that got lowpass filtered, then I went for jazz, now I just play Initial D OST....

And mind you, it's pretty fun after watching enough Initial D.

Latest Posts

Back