NFS Shift 2 Unleashed - Details

• Thread starter LittleLefty
  • 2,278 comments
Did anyone else get an odd licence plate type thing in a padded box with theirs? I was very surprised to see it in the package with my LE today. It's kind of cool I suppose, it's just odd that I haven't heard anyone else mention it.

I didn't. Where'd you order yours from?

i've bough Asian version BLAS-50316 with english language, but really it's BLUS-30580.
I found it when i've made disk dump. So, it's USA version although it's printed BLAS-50316 on disk :)

Tokyo tracks still have the detail oversight I noticed in NFS S1, the Kanji (Chinese characters also used by the Japanese) painted on the streets surface for caution/through traffic in Japanese are reversed or upside down as if you are driving the wrong way although the overhead freeway signs indicate that you are traveling in the right direction. (I lived and DROVE in Tokyo for a number of years).

I've just bought NFS S2 and didn't play yet.
Japan has left-handed traffic route. May be that's why characters are upside down?
Also tracks have reverse course - may be signs and traffic lights will be turned to accommodate driving direction, but characters won't :)

Before i go out and buy shift 2,can somebody confirm that you can definately re-map throttle/brake controls to X and square buttons?I know it sounds a trivial thing but i really cant get on with using the L1/R1 etc combination.I`ve practised on the first shift game but keep going back to gt5 purely because of this small issue.many thanks.

Before i go out and buy shift 2,can somebody confirm that you can definately re-map throttle/brake controls to X and square buttons?I know it sounds a trivial thing but i really cant get on with using the L1/R1 etc combination.I`ve practised on the first shift game but keep going back to gt5 purely because of this small issue.many thanks.

You can remap everything to anything as far as I could tell when I set up my controls. 👍

To be extra safe though, I'll try and remember to double check those exact options when I get home.

Yes, you can.

What the hell is wrong with this game?

Every time I'm about to win the Class A Invitational while I'm on Galgenkopf, on the way to Dottinger Hohe, magically, out of nowhere, I'm disqualified because my engine blew. Bad enough the car is sliding around like it can't comprehend what lateral grip is and now this keeps happening.

It's pissing me the 🤬 off.

...Engines can blow?

I'm not entirely sure if you're implying sexual innuendo or not. :lol:

But yeah they can. The first time it happened I was all "Oh 🤬 that's awesome!" now it's steadily provoking me to snap the disc into two halves. :grumpy:

Every time I'm about to win the Class A Invitational while I'm on Galgenkopf, on the way to Dottinger Hohe, magically, out of nowhere, I'm disqualified because my engine blew. Bad enough the car is sliding around like it can't comprehend what lateral grip is and now this keeps happening.

Check the official forums, great stir there regarding that event. Altough I still didn't even try it, from what I've read you're lucky that you even managed to cacth the leaders.

Something is wrong with that event obvisuly.

Japan has left-handed traffic route. May be that's why characters are upside down?
Also tracks have reverse course - may be signs and traffic lights will be turned to accommodate driving direction, but characters won't

Turns out that the Tokyo tracks in Shift 1, and Shift 2 that combine the docks and freeway came from the NFS ProStreet Shinbashi Track, what SMS did was run the course backwards and added overhead freeway signs for Shift.

Hence the upside down characters that contradict with the overhead signs.

Nothing to do with driving on one side or the other as the issue pertained to Freeway/Expressway sections that are usually one-way traffic.

See this thread at the EA forums for more info (Scroll down to the bottom of page 1, there is a video of the Shinbashi NFS ProStreet track running backwards.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5490734.page

Check the official forums, great stir there regarding that event. Altough I still didn't even try it, from what I've read you're lucky that you even managed to cacth the leaders.

Something is wrong with that event obvisuly.

I couldn't get through the first set of corners on that event. That car is nuts.

Can I assume you're running with full damage? If so, there's no shame in turning it off for one race. It's just a single player event. Of course I think of single player as just a way to get cars to use online.:)

Flufficutioner
^^ Just placed second in said event. Couldn't hold off the Veyron on that last long straight.

If you quit and reboot the race a couple times there won't be any veyrons in the race.

Can I assume you're running with full damage? If so, there's no shame in turning it off for one race. It's just a single player event. Of course I think of single player as just a way to get cars to use online.:)

That hadn't occurred to me until after I flung the game case. :lol:

EDIT: Okay so I do that, and guess what? The car was somehow handling worse than it was before, so, I cheated at the last minute by cutting the track to nab P1; and you know what? I don't even give a flying 🤬

That whole event is stupid. And then to top it off the goddamn thing froze when I was trying to find some new wheels for it.

Last edited:
Sounds buggy, I was thinking of getting it, but two things are turning me off now- the track width thing along with the freezing- and the sound and inside of the LFA. GT5 did one thing right, and it was the LFA- the sound was pretty close and then, the gauge glows green, then RED when you need to shift gears. In this game it just looks like the car isn't even in 'sport' mode. In sport mode the digital readout turns white, the videos I've seen of the shift2 LFA, the readout stays black. I donno, maybe I'll get it, maybe I'll wait till they patch it.

I didn't have any problems with that event, apart from it being really, really, really hard. You have to drive like a lunatic to keep up, and then somehow make your way past on the narrow track, and then not stuff it into a wall being so happy that you're finally in first.

Sucks that it was bugged for you guys, because while frustrating that was one of the first events I've driven for a long time that was seriously challenging. It took me at least an hour, probably an hour and a half. Pain in the arse, but great feeling when you finally get it. It's not Mission 34 levels, but it is very good.

I have only spent about two hours in this game, but feel like the driving aids I select sometimes don't stick. I can go into the gameplay options and change them, save them, and they are fine for awhile but then there will be a race where the same car is acting funny and when I go in-race to the options menu the aids are different than what I originally selected. Am I crazy?

I have only spent about two hours in this game, but feel like the driving aids I select sometimes don't stick. I can go into the gameplay options and change them, save them, and they are fine for awhile but then there will be a race where the same car is acting funny and when I go in-race to the options menu the aids are different than what I originally selected. Am I crazy?
When I started I was given Medium as an option changed it to Easy but kept changing it to medium. Every time I restarted. It stayed the same after the first 2 events (the practices at the start).

I have to turn on the mirror in the HUD every single time I start a race. It's getting old.
It did stick last night when I was doing a series of 3 races.. maybe it'll still be on when I play again this evening.

My aids/difficulty have stuck since the beginning though.

Back