NFS Shift Racing League season II (Arvore's Playground)

• Thread starter addictions
  • 326 comments
adddictions & GTP_adddictions
addictionGTP@googlemail.com
:gtpflag:The new league by addictions :gtpflag:
2uer40g.jpg

Need For Speed: Shift GTP Racing League
Welcome to arove's playground The Racing League season II!​

Another great season finished well done Mohamu.

Race Results and Current Standings:

23t13ro.jpg

Points are awarded for the races as follows
1st place = 8 points, 2nd place = 6 points, 3rd place = 4 points,
4th place = 3 points, 5th place = 2 points, and 6th place = 1 point.
An addition 1 point is awarded to the driver who achieves the fastest lap in each race.

A special thanks to Manny
for letting us carry this on
and allowing us to use the original
rules which he put a lot of effort into.​

GTP SHIFT LEAGUE RULES:
To keep things fair a few rules are necessary.
· All drivers must use Pro Handling mode. We know what to look for, and it is not difficult to spot when people are driving in Experienced or Normal difficulty mode and you will be ejected from the group for cheating.

· No Driving Assists: No traction, stability or steering assists. If you want to use ABS braking that’s up to you.
· No cutting corners and chicanes.At least 2 tires should remain on the track at all times (unless of course you are in the process of wrecking your car in which case, have at it!). We can’t obviously enforce this rule in most cases, but try to keep the car on the track.
· Use of Nitrous is OK: Unless forbidden for a particular race

· Restart Rules: In the event that a driver(s) gets disconnected from a race within the first three laps, the race will be restarted. After three laps the race must continue to it’s finish. A race may be restarted only twice for disconnects to keep League sessions a reasonable length.

· Bump Rule: Any driver bumped from the server after the half-way point of a race will receive points equal to the position he occupied when he was disconnected. –Or- The driver may instead choose to re-run the race during the Sunday Make-up Race.

· Make-Up Races: Those who can’t make the Saturday League races for whatever reason may arrange to run the race on Sunday with any others that missed the previous day’s event.
The time and hosting of the make-up race will be coordinated between the participants.
A number of volunteer drivers to fill out the race lobby will be required to make the field the same size as on a regular Saturday League race.
Full Points for the Sunday Make-up Race will be awarded only to the drivers who missed the Saturday race
· A microphone/headset is of course optional, but highly recommended.
o Please mute your microphone during the League races, to prevent disconnects from excessive bandwidth usage.
o As a good alternative to a microphone, the Chat Room will allow players to communicate before & between races.

Shift League Racing Ettiquette
If you are forced off the track by contact with another car, you may hit Reset to get back into the race as quickly as possible.
If you go off the track due to your own driving error, you must drive back onto the track.
Drivers may not advance their racing position by means of contact.
If you make contact with another car forcing them off the track, you must slow down and allow them to retake the position in front of you.
Due to online lag and vague collision detection in Shift, it is very possible to accidentally make contact with another car and not be aware of it. Please show patience and restraint in the event of a collision. We all try to race clean, so give each other the benefit of the doubt.

Rules Enforcement:
For future races (2/20/10) when it is brought to the attention of the League Organizer (me) that someone advanced their race position through contact, the errant driver will forfiet his final race position and be placed in a finishing position behind the person he contacted.

It is up to the driver who was run into to lodge a complaint against another driver. It is not my intention to look through the videos to find out who did what to whom. The complaint must be PM'ed to me and the errant driver by noon on Sunday.

All racing incidents are different. Some occur because of faults in the game like poor collision detection, car location mapping and internet lag, but these will affect us all impartially so the rule will be applied strictly

Last edited:
Man I don't know if I should be flattered or ashamed by this Season nickname...:dunce::)

The winner of each season will have a season named in there victory.

The winner of each season will have a season named in there victory.

Good I feel better now:)

So I guess next season will be something like:

Mohamu's Green Hell Garden

or maybe even

Sharky's Waterworld

or maybe even who knows

Earl's Moustache Handicap

but I would prefer

The Outlaw Strikes Back

or even better

The Return of the One-Armed Pink Driver

:sly:

It's nothing personal against you Jay but I can't remember any funny pun with your nick right now...

...wait maybe...

Adddicctions Pleasure Shift Spot

:dopey::D

:lol::lol::lol:

Just a few questions to the Government:

- Who will host the races this weekend?

- Can we make a short break after the 2nd race? I would need a few min to copy the first two races to my PC because there won't be enough free place on my 4GB memory card to record all the races... I think 5 min would be enough!

(ps: as I see, there are less and less participants we have on the races.. may I propose our league to some new guys if I play online in public lobby and find good and fair drivers? Maybe I'm lonely with my opinion, but the more good driver we have, the more exciting races we will have... Of course I still enjoy the races, and I'm happy to be a member of this great group 👍 so please don't be resent about my few words above:) it was just a proposition)

A break will be fine (Races should only total 40 odd minutes though)
We should have a new member joining us this week.
And yes feel free to invite worthy racers too the league.
This week there should be.
Me
Mo
Shark
Lefty
Steveo
Arvore
newbe?
fasty?
Ris?
Jav?
If Steveo races this weekend I would like him to be the host.
If not I will nominate another driver.

Text chat will be set up by me 15 minutes before the 1st race. You need to be In there to race.

Last edited:
A break will be fine (Races should only total 40 odd minutes though)
We should have a new member joining us this week.
And yes feel free to invite worthy racers too the league.
This week there should be.
Me
Mo
Shark
Lefty
Steveo
Arvore
newbe?
fasty?
Ris?
Jav?
If Steveo races this weekend I would like him to be the host.
If not I will nominate another driver.

Good! Thanks!

I hope Andrea87 will join us, as his skills are right!

As it is not a problem to invite new members, I would ask everybody, if they have time please help me in this case and try to recruit possible new members. I'll do the same but maybe you guys have more freetime to work on this with me. Thanks forwardly!

Breaks are good:tup:

As for the recruting stuff I'm not the ideal guy to do it since I only play Shift with you guys in private lobbys,in week nights I mostly play SCC(sad that one here seems to have enjoyed it...)because I start late and there is no one left in shift(from my friends list) and I don't play public lobbys:drool:

But new CLEAN racers are always welcomed:tup:

BTW I've have not tryed any of the combos yet...anyone for a Shift/Bushmills night today?💡

I know it is an off-topic, but everyone have to see this!! I don't know what to do: respect them or call them kamikaze...

Breaks are good:tup:

As for the recruting stuff I'm not the ideal guy to do it since I only play Shift with you guys in private lobbys,in week nights I mostly play SCC(sad that one here seems to have enjoyed it...)

I'm trading my SCC now.. anybody interested? LOL

BTW I've have not tryed any of the combos yet...anyone for a Shift/Bushmills night today?💡
I'll be at Sharks place tonight, maybe we'll join you on his account name, but it is not sure (just after 21:00GMT)!

I know it is an off-topic, but everyone have to see this!! I don't know what to do: respect them or call them kamikaze...

Always love Manxx:) I even got the videogame from Sega for the Saturn:sly:

I'm trading my SCC now.. anybody interested? LOL

:guilty: Sorry you guys didn't like it...:nervous: It's my favourite game...

I'll be at Sharks place tonight, maybe we'll join you on his account name, but it is not sure (just after 21:00GMT)

See you then, the latter the better:)

:guilty: Sorry you guys didn't like it...:nervous: It's my favourite game...
I've tried it some times, but as I'm 30sec slower the you guys :scared: and i haven't got enough time to play with it, I decided to sell it and practice for GT5 with prolouge and playin Shift. I wish I could have more freetime, but I haven't..:( (and as I saw on the SCC series videos the Lag problem is terrible in that game /yes, it is worse than Shift as I saw/, I'm sure I couldn't stay patient with it..)

EDIT: off-topic is over, sorry guys!

I might give it a go.
Have to practice with those cars.
Only one of these tracks I have a problem mastering is Silverstone GP.

The more the merrier BRP.

I aint practised either so I'll be on too Arvore.

The more the merrier BRP.

I aint practised either so I'll be on too Arvore.
I'm having my doubts. I've tried several tunes on that facking POS Vette.
40 laps later, I can't break 1.20 @ Road America.
I've spun out so many times, I just about broke my new wheel :grumpy:

1:20? I think you don't need more practice mate as my time is around 2:13... LOL

BPR this is not a TT event:sly:
As you said these muscle cars are hard to taim:crazy:
Important is consistency...with all the incidents that occur during a race anyone can win:tup:
But most important than that I'm sure that if you join us You will have FUN,and thats all the videogames are about,no?💡

How about kicking down with that 1:20 tune there BRP????.........LOL...
Actually it's closer to 2:21.
I went with the Stage 3 tune, but 9.96 points.
I could not drive it. So I cleared all upgrades, and started over.
Right now, I'm using stage 3 upgrades, no turbo at all.
Still, no matter how I set it up, I can't break 2.20.
But at least I'm not spinning out every other corner.

That's the vette for you, no matter the upgrades it loses itself in the turns. Turn in is great but the constant readjustments makes the car impossible.

It is strange I can do it to never late from the races:)

BTW, the races were good, there were only 1 dc, the server was good finally!
I'll post the videos tomorrow!

On the first race I thought I can win but Arv was close behind me and after a mistake he could go over me and after it I couldn't go after him.. Great win Arv!

On the second race I had luck with pole position too as in the first race, and that race was simple for me, I'm happy I had to make a good setup for that car

At Road America my vette was fast as hell, but after a mistake I had some close situation with Shark but on the end of the race he ran out of the track an I managed to get the 2nd place. (Sorry Lefty about our contact, aafter i watched back the race, I saw you went off the track, I thought you can't come back as fast on the road as you did and I think the rear part of my car putted your front a bit, and you were spinning around. Ididn't feel anythig on my car so I thought there were no contact but after i watched the video I'm not sure it wasn't my fault.. Please comment this situation)

In Dakota I had a dc, but after the restart it was fun, I had luck that we had no more laps because Shark was driving in an other dimension:)

Here are the results Jay:
_1.bmp

_2.bmp

_3.bmp

_4.bmp

Last edited:
AH, I was watching LeMans, I thought you guys would race today, I have to check this more often.

Race time is on post 1 and a link to a world clock.

My races with terrible with no practice all week due to my demanding job.
Well done guys.
This season I think I'll be more of an organiser than a racer.
Races added for the 19/06/2010 not decided on car rating for the mixed races yet. They will be soon.

Last edited:
WOW! RS4! My favourite! I've got the max upgraded one, it is exactly 14 rated and it is fast as hell (I hope you decide to have the 14 rated LOL) !

Good combos Jay!

I was sad that Sham and SteveO didn't join us yesterday.. And I think we've lost an other great driver (hog) too:(

Edit: before you make the point table, please ask Lefty about my manouver At R.A. on him, maybe I have to give my points..

Back