NFS Shift Racing League season II (Arvore's Playground)

• Thread starter addictions
  • 326 comments
OK welcome guys be nice to have a run with you guys just to see how you roll I'll be on In 90 minutes add me adddictions yes 3d's.
please pm me all who want to race on saturday as we may have 2 lobbys depending on numbers.
Cheers.

Mohamu, I got the team-racing DLC a few weeks ago, I believe I have one left to purchase and download, maybe the exotic pack?? Not a problem though, I'll grab that tonight before I go on to practice a bit!

I have to admit, I'm not the most familiar with Brands Hatch GP. While I'm watching videos online to memorize it now, I'm going to need a good amount of "polishing" before I could string hot laps together, so go easy on me guys-I'll be watching the mirrors! Btw, gotta love turn 2! One of those 'patience' turns. Cool track though, very flow-ey.

I did read something about the inability to receive messages while racing, so I'll be on the lookout for a PSN message or chat invite, whichever it may be.

I don't own a Civic(in-game,lol) yet, so with that paintjob you're a step ahead of me already! About paint....do we need some kind of custom paintjob for the races over the weekend? Just something to differentiate our cars? I usually just rock a black/white matte paint job on all my cars, I'll throw some vinyl graphics on it or something though, I havn't really toyed around with the painting section of this game.

OK welcome guys be nice to have a run with you guys just to see how you roll I'll be on In 90 minutes add me adddictions yes 3d's.
please pm me all who want to race on saturday as we may have 2 lobbys depending on numbers.
Cheers.
10-4
I lost connection, said server was down.
Seems to be working now.
I'm at work{I'm the boss} so if I pull over, it means a customer is here.

Man, I thought my job was awesome because I get to surf the 'net while I'm here, you get to play videogames??!??!!!?? E-mail me an application.....STAT!!!!

Edit: Didn't see the 'boss' thing lol- I'll still take the application though.....boss seems cool enough to work for!

Hey guys,

Greatest apologies for not making it on last night to practice. Work responsibilities took hold of my free time......it is what it is I guess!! I did get a chance to tune up the Civic for this weekend, talk about a super fun car!!!! Painted it up all 'custom' like too, green with gold pearl......20 inch chromies.......Green fo' da money, gold fo' da' honeys!!! I havn't found the option for that air ride suspension yet though.......

It looks like I'm not going to be able to make it either :( Sorry guys, was looking forward to being back in the league!

hey guys sorry not been on lately but my part time job is now a full time job after I did more work in 2 days than most of the staff there did in a week so the boss took me on full time but there hours are long and hard so it will rare that I will be able to mae the races unfortunately.
Same deal with the RACE DEPARTMENT league races I will have to pull out of that after the last 2 races on Sunday and that is if the races finish in time for me starting work.

But I will continue to take an active part in the GTP league as much as I possibly can and get on to see how you guys are all doing.

Hope you guys enjoyed the old school muscle car cup there fast and wild and full of rage but they can be so much fun to drive.

And this week will be a no no as I have a ticket to see the MOTOGP at silver stone on Sunday which I had to ass kiss my boss for like 3 days to get time off for but it should be so worth it shame the demon that is valentino will not be racing.

EDIT and hello to the new faces that have arrived I hope you enjoy your time at the league guys.

Remember people practice hard and race even harder and wear you seat belts hehe

Hey hog good to see you If your passing J13 M42 on your way home nip In for a Magners mate.

OK guys I may not be racing tonight a close friend of mine has just had horrifying new that there unborn baby hart has stopped 4 days before It's birth date.
Why do these terrible things happen and If there Is a god where the #"/# was he when my friends needed him.
I feel so sad and can't imagine what my friends are going through.
So I think my friends may need me later.
Maybe see you guys later.

I'm not a religious person but I pray for my friends to have the strength to get through this.

It is hard to find any helping word for a terrible situation you wrote down..:( I feel with you mate!!

Good to see you Hog:tup:
Jay there are no words for that situation, my friend.Hang on close to your friend I'm sure he'll need you.
I was going to post,anyway,that I won't be able to join you guys also.My girlfriend has one of those dinner birthday partys and I am suposed to go with her:yuck: I won't be home before 12.00am for sure.SO good races and good luck for you all,see you guys next week:tup:

Thanks guys I hope you have fun tonight race hard people.

Jay my heart bleeds for your friend its a truly devastating thing to happen and my heart goes out to them its good to see they have a loyal friend to think of them in such horrible times.

Have fun guys and I will check in on Monday.

Ok, I think there will be only 3 racers (including me), so I ask you Lefty and Shark if you want to delay this week's races. Maybe it would be much better if we would wait 1 week for all the members who has problems and can't join us today.

Of course I'll be online if you want to make some race

It doesn't matter to me, only that I am going camping next weekend with Little Lefty and the Boy Scouts. So next week is a no Tecknowledgey weekend, I get to figure out how to start a fire w/ rubbing a couple of sticks together......lol

I'm going on line to practice rt now ............Best wishes Addd....Time heals all wounds

well weather we race today or not we can roosty around :-)

somehow the Ring is starting to feel like it is just about the right size and I can't wait until GT5 comes out so we can add that extra GP track to it ta give it the 24h feeling.......weeeeeeeeee

Results:

Brands Hatch:
ac.bmp

Ambusc Canyon:
aa.bmp

Tokio Circiut:
ab.bmp

Spa:
DC in lap 4... so I have no result from here...

Thanks Mo! I don't know where is my data cable, so i write it:

Spa
1. Me 2:20.748
2. Lefty 2:25.765
3. Jay 2:25.961
4. Fresh 2:28.500

I wish I had time to prepare for the races. Some of them caught me off guard. With the first race I was punted into the wall then d/c so i just gave up on it. I'm sure you guys don't mean to hit me, and I don't mean to hit you. I guess it's a lag thing. My connection is reliable but not the fastest. I don't know what happened on the last race with the BMW M3GTR, I was doing just fine and I think my controller messed up, or maybe it was just shift, because the car all of a sudden went into the wall. I heard kamikaze about my driving, again I think lag is into play. It must be the reason I went into the wall and lost 4 positions in the last race. One second you guys are clear behind me, then the next you're right beside me. Wow, Shift has some issues. Regardless it was fun racing with you guys, hopefully next round i'll have time to practice a set up with the cars and get familiar with them so I can run with you guys. That Scion race was pretty tight, even though i hit the wall 3 times.

Lag does play a part In accidents but so does people's driving.
On the Spa race seth you rammed me and put me clean off the track. It made little difference to my position but you just drove off and didn't wait for me to retake my position you also hit the reset button on a few occasions which Is not aloud If you go off by your own mistakes.
I have stated to read the rules but read them carefully as a breach of these can end up In being booted from the league.
I'd like to say well done to Mitz on his quick times and good judgement when driving close to people.
And to all the close lap times.
I had some great side by side driving with Mo & Shark and chasing Lefty It was like racing my old friend the hog of which I've missed.
All In all I had a good evening not great positions but great racing which Is why the league Is still here.
Thanks guys.

I don't recall resetting. I don't recall sending you off the track either. Like I said it's lag. I'm a clean racer and there isn't any need for me to bump. I was in last place in Spa, I started last place, I didn't send anyone off the track purposefully. I remember getting punted off by someone coming back on track on the first straight away. I didn't send whoever that person is off the track. I'll make sure i don't 'reset' my car unless it's someone punting me off. But if I'm just going to get blamed for everything there's no use in racing with you guys. I might be new to your league, but I've been racing and playing race games since i was in the single digits, also I don't go around driving people off the track.

Well fellows after reviewing my videos I have some observations about our endeavors, I think it is wonderful that there is some new blood in the league and a learning curve is to be expected, so for our new enthusiast please curb your enthusiasm. For Fresh and Mitsu if you are going to play your fellow racers so close please try to resist DRIVING INTO THEM. Case in point the first lap in the first and second races, I got my rear end stuffed on the first lap. In both cases, both of you accomplished nothing by your aggressions. Like the old saying goes “ Pick the Hill Yah Die On “.

In the Tokyo race I was definitely a victim, everything from automobile insemination, false vehicle representation ( by the game ), and parked vehicle surprise. With so much driving over ones heads, did I mention my DNF, weeeeeeeeeee.

On Brands Hatch I can’t figure out why I got Tiddlywinkd into the wall on lap 3 of 11 when there was so much of the race left to go, and since I got hit from the rear and spun, shouldn’t that person have known that they spun me and should have STOPED. Guys I don’t think anyone would have dug going from 2nd to 5th in one shot. I don’t know what to do, I try to drive everyone so fair and it doesn’t seem that anyone can tell who they are racing against, no one should mistake my ability to give room as some inability to reach out and touch you. Man I don’t want to think of all of the dirty tricks that I could pull if I wanted to, but I don’t and won’t go there.

I just want this place to be different from the public lobby. I think that if you show up here it is because you don’t like the way it is out there and you want something that is fair. Driving over your head only makes it worse for everyone, in here you open your self up for what is called constructive criticism.

Last edited:
Back